Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Not really feeling the mount. It looks pretty demonic for a Paladin mount. :| Prefer old school Talbuks from TBC have more of the majestic feel, long limbs, giving them nimble fast feeling and neater horns too. What they gave us looks like a goat with lightforged armor slapped on it. Talbuk is more like a gazelle (Nimble, majestic, mighty steed for ingame) than a goat. Yet we get the complete opposite feel.
    I was surprised to see that they've applied new animations (Ardenweald Runestag gait) to old Talbuks and Argus Talbuks alike.
    Really hoping they'll, faithfully, visually update the TBC Talbuks. They are my favourite mount species by far.

The Argus Talbuks look the way they do due to the harsh environment but still, too bulky. Even the WoD Talbuks were "too much" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Quinton Flynn was not dev either.
    They cut everything regarding him from the game basing only on tweets from totally random person.
    He was proven innocent and did not get single apology from Blizzard.
    Now his career is ruined as his name always will be connected with sexual harassment.

Why would they not cut all routes with Roux too that has nice collection of racist statements?
    She has much more to do with the game than Flynn since her books are impactful for the whole story and he is (was?) just VO actor.
    That's a really good point, actually. I know Quinton wasn't found completely innocent from what I heard, but not all the accusations thrown his way were correct, either; yet they still cut all their ties with him nonetheless and went through the effort of completely re-recording all his lines.

They can do all of that, and yet they can't remove / rename a single NPC for the author of a major tie-in novel? In the wake of this whole "cleaning house" business, it really does seem like a bit of a double standard from where I'm sitting

Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    This just in, folks. Verdugo has thus proclaimed the only gestures that can be made must be large sweeping ones.
    Small gestures only matters if they support the larger ones.

So yes, if they aren't willing to actually improve themselves, then small, costless gestures are nothing other than posturing

People discussing Blizzard selectively removing namings after problematic people and I am here feeling disappointed when I read that "they added new void elf hair colors" and finding out it's the three aditional colors that Blizzard announced 10 days ago. This is not news, this is making me feel there is more than there actually is.

But to be on topic, I actually like the Eredath name far more purely from a stylistic perspective. Though if you are removing trace of problematic people then why you keep the racist Madeleine Roux as an NPC? Do they condone her public shameless and arrogant and hateful remarks?
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2021-09-09 at 11:42 PM.

...is this name changing stuff being done to placate people? I didn't even know, or care, who this person was
    Blizz has really lost it, find something better to do, there are so many other real game issues
    Is Blizzard run by a bunch of millennials who need safe rooms now?
    How the mighty have fallen

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    FINALLY!!! They changed the name to Eredath. Wow is now saved guys! all is well when it ends well. You'll see, next week subs will go up like never before!
    The purple hairs will be so happy and spend all their money at Actoblivious...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I suspect his victims associated the name with him and it's extremely unpleasant to see somebody who has traumatised people be glorified
    Well, I'm sure you would understand having to change your name because it is too much similar to Ray Rice and it should be removed from the internet too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So we can't have a zone vaguely named after someone who no longer even works at the company because of some workplace controversy, but this

is perfectly acceptable? It's not even remotely fucking subtle by comparison
    Just like Captain Marvel, white males must not be the target audience for World of Warcraft anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by mihai25 View Post
    In my hearth always will be Mac'Aree
    Why? Didn't he harass female employees? :L

Jesus fuck get over the name change. Gras grows, sun rises and companies do vague easy symbolical gesture to distance self from controversial person/event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    Just like Captain Marvel, white males must not be the target audience for World of Warcraft anymore...
    And captain marvel made over a billion at the box office so diversifying that audience was a solid move.....
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-09-10 at 02:00 AM.

That's a really good point, actually. I know Quinton wasn't found completely innocent from what I heard, but not all the accusations thrown his way were correct, either; yet they still cut all their ties with him nonetheless and went through the effort of completely re-recording all his lines.

They can do all of that, and yet they can't remove / rename a single NPC for the author of a major tie-in novel? In the wake of this whole "cleaning house" business, it really does seem like a bit of a double standard from where I'm sitting
    Pretty much all of the accusations were disproven. They almost entirely source themselves to that one lady(we're talking making thousands and thousands of posts and getting caught, and admitting in court, to making some other accounts to make more accusations). And the photo op one(which she propped up for the other lady) was also framed as 'nonconsensual', but actually he was asked to pose like that(he probably shouldn't have, but that's definitely a different story isn't it?) The only thing he really is still guilty of is 'icky, but consensual stuff' in the private messages and recordings. Really, really gross, audio recordings, but they were *not* unsolicited like she first claimed, she actually sent him some first and asked for some in return.

And it pisses me off even more that it was AFTER the court date that they announced firing him and the rerecordings. Like, you could say "oh yeah, not wanting the heat from his accusations while it's undetermined", but, after?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Pretty sure he fully admitted that he happily participated in the problematic convention culture of old. "It was a different time" and "they asked me to do it" aren't good excuses for acting unprofessionally. Even though everything was consensual and there was no evidence of sexual assault, Blizzard could be perfectly justified in distancing themselves from him.
    A different time, maybe, but 'they asked me to do it' is immense, especially when the accusers lie about that aspect of the scenario(see the sex audio and the tongue situations with FLynn, both found to have flipped the script from what was true).

Unprofessional and nonconsensual are two completely different things, with an ocean between them. The fact that two things of dramatically different magnitude have the same judgment/outcome for someone like Quinton versus someone like Afrasiabi is...well, absurd.

If we're on a 'professionalism' standard, pretty much every single voice actor involved in WoW will be recast overnight. When I first got into voice acting(a since abandoned career), I watched so many videos of these guys at conventions. It *was* common, but consensual. A 'sexy', but consensual culture is not the same as the fratboy culture that is being condemned with the current blizzard situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Lots of people in this thread gonna be pissed that an obscure daily quest area isn't named after a sex pest anymore.
    Meh, I'm not bothered by the idea of it as much as I am but the fact I'll miss hearing the way Velen says "Muh-Kaaaahri". I would have gone with the alternate spelling option.

And I guess there's some justice in that the double standard of what they did to Flynn isn't forgotten. Just wish they would bring him back.
    Last edited by Dain6foot8; 2021-09-10 at 02:42 AM.

SOURCE
    You heard wrongly.
    There is no 80% or 60% of his win.
    One of the claims of his stalker is proven = he is no innocent,
    He won in court and thats it.

Yes - double standards of Blizzard is the main problem here.
    Money and political corectness is more important than truth in that small indie company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain6foot8 View Post
    A different time, maybe, but 'they asked me to do it' is immense, especially when the accusers lie about that aspect of the scenario(see the sex audio and the tongue situations with FLynn, both found to have flipped the script from what was true).

Unprofessional and nonconsensual are two completely different things, with an ocean between them. The fact that two things of dramatically different magnitude have the same judgment/outcome for someone like Quinton versus someone like Afrasiabi is...well, absurd.

If we're on a 'professionalism' standard, pretty much every single voice actor involved in WoW will be recast overnight. When I first got into voice acting(a since abandoned career), I watched so many videos of these guys at conventions. It *was* common, but consensual. A 'sexy', but consensual culture is not the same as the fratboy culture that is being condemned with the current blizzard situation.
    I wasn’t referring to the false accusations of sexual abuse. “They asked me to do it” was his excuse for the video of him kissing an underage convention fan.

You (and plenty of others) keep getting wrapped up in the idea that if he didn’t do anything illegal then he apparently did nothing unprofessional. THAT is absurd. Hell, being constantly late to work is perfectly legal while still being unprofessional and reasonable grounds for being terminated.

I’m not saying Quinton did anything on the level of the misconduct accusations being leveled at these other ex-employees. And while many other voice actors may have also taken advantage of the perks that convention culture in the early 2000’s afforded them, Quinton had the “misfortune” of having his dirty laundry made public. Just because other people managed to fly under the radar doesn’t mean there should be no consequences whatsoever.

I personally have no problem with him participating in sexy photo shoots or making out with fans. Conventions might seem like big parties to most attendees but from Blizzard’s perspective they’re public, customer facing events where their employees and contractors are meant to represent the company and promote their products.

Basically, if Quinton had treated conventions like work events he probably wouldn’t have been fired and replaced.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-09-10 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Didn't see half of your claims honestly, stuff like WotLK DK is infamous yeah, but meh. I'll always remember how ele shaman was bad at the start of BfA and people just forgot about it until blizz buffed it so hard it had the reverse effect. Most of peoples perception of "overall game balance" comes from stats and streamers anyways.
    "Most of peoples perceptions of balance comes from people who run the numbers"....yeah...as they should. Grandma playing her fury warrior for 2hrs a week doesn't have much say in the overall balance of the class, just what's fun to her, and that's totally fine for her! However that's not how balancing works.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Small gestures only matters if they support the larger ones.

So yes, if they aren't willing to actually improve themselves, then small, costless gestures are nothing other than posturing
    If you are willing to felate Blizzard for passive progresivism, go for it. But dont expect everyone to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    did you just seriously compared the taking down of statues and historical building and their importance for remembering the atrocities of the past with christmas decorations? for real? i'm stunned , i legitimately have no words this
    That's because they're not "for remembering the atrocities of the past" but celebrating those people. All the statues of confederate fighters in a bad-ass pose, sword raised, musket in hand, riding a horse that's dramatically rearing up... that's celebrating that person. The plaque will not be talking about how General Southerner was a slave owner who decapitated dozens of captured runaway slaves.

I mean, jeez. Look at Germany. Do they have statues to mark important landmarks of horrific acts? Yes. Are they of brave Nazis striking heroic poses? Hell no, they'll be of those who died, artfully designed to evoke sympathy and sorrow.

There's also the easily proven fact that many confederate statues were explicitly erected to torment recently freed Black people and remind them that the confederacy may have lost the war, but they themselves hadn't gone anywhere.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quinton Flynn was not dev either.
    They cut everything regarding him from the game basing only on tweets from totally random person.
    He was proven innocent and did not get single apology from Blizzard.
    Now his career is ruined as his name always will be connected with sexual harassment.

Why would they not cut all routes with Roux too that has nice collection of racist statements?
    She has much more to do with the game than Flynn since her books are impactful for the whole story and he is (was?) just VO actor.
    yeah Blizz reacted to the info they had on hand, as most companies now tend to do. definitely isn't right and I hope he sues the pants off his accuser. As for Roux, yeah she should be removed as well, the stuff she wrote is pretty bad... and then you have the tweets. Give it time. Specifically though I was referring to Devs putting themselves in the game, as opposed to Devs putting other people in the game like her. They should make it all Blizzard employees tbh, with some exceptions obviously like tributes

Hopefully the constant need for renaming teaches Blizzard to stop letting their developers name NPC's and regions after themselves to satisfy their egos.

Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    Hopefully the constant need for renaming teaches Blizzard to stop letting their developers name NPC's and regions after themselves to satisfy their egos.
    The Overwatch team at least publicly stated that they will not do so again in their release about renaming McCree.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    Well, I'm sure you would understand having to change your name because it is too much similar to Ray Rice and it should be removed from the internet too...
    had to google who he was, but if I was named after somebody who then did something I do not condone or support then I would definitely change my name. which is exactly what has happened here, the zone was deliberately named after an employee who the company now understandably want to distance themselves from. it's a small thing and it doesn't fix the damage or make up for their allowing it to happen but it's still a good change

15+ Year Old Account
    SOURCE
    You heard wrongly.
    There is no 80% or 60% of his win.
    One of the claims of his stalker is proven = he is no innocent,
    He won in court and thats it.

Yes - double standards of Blizzard is the main problem here.
    Money and political corectness is more important than truth in that small indie company.
    Wtf? Justice for Flynn!

How easy is it to replace the new voicelines in the client with the old ones? I know people replaced the gun/bow sounds with different stuff if they found the default too annoying.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Calling the capital of the Eredar homeworld "Eredath" is as creatively devoid as calling the capital of Earth "humansville". Christ

I want the Ravenous Swarm in Revendreth as tameable.

Make it happen blizzard, or else!