Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    You contradicted yourself in the same same sentence lol
    its not a contradiction, pal

if you're in korthia, where people are usually just minding their business doing dailies, you very rarely (90% illidan players) see players from other realms.
    There's no "illusion of population" from people on other servers, there aint the whole "inflated numbers cus crz" that the idiot I was talking to was referring to.

https://www.engadget.com/2012-09-24-...alm-zones.html
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Cross-realm_zones

i.e cross realm zones aren't applicable to max level zones, unless ofc you're grouped with someone and exist on their realm
    Last edited by Kehego; 2021-09-09 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    There are signs of a coming 9.1.5 patch. Probably, Blizzard would implement a little bit of lore, reduce the grind, and maybe they implement a Legion time walking.

What if they decide to return the Mage Tower?

Would your return 1 week just try to get the artifact skins?

Do you think WoW's subs are so low that Blizzard needs to bring back this popular feature?
    I think they are bringing back the Mage Tower. There were some changes in the patch strings to some of the boss abilities from the mage tower.
    Why would they change them if they are not bringing them back? I guess it's possible....

I don't think they will reward those skins though. They said those would be exclusive and they would mightly piss a lot of ppl off if they brought them back. They need less pissed off ppl, not more......

I think it would be really cool if they added a new "line" of appearances to the artifact weapons with an SL or Maw theme. Defeating the boss opens the first appearance and the "line." I think each line was 4 appearances and you had to do things like "beat 5 mythic dungeons while using the appearance..." To open them.

To make it even cooler- you can use soul ash/ cinders to upgrade your artifact so that it is current ilvls and then use it with your legendary. Make it even better by allowing players to even equip a second legendary.

They need to add some single player challenge thing each patch (just like they add a raid each patch). There is a huge appetite for it, players have been steadily demanding it for a while now. It would be such an easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    If they bring back the old items too then I'll actually resub and buy Shadowlands to get them, if it's only the Tier recolors then I'm good.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who says they'll unsub if they bring back previous items is 1. Factually a liar 2. Going to keep buying every expansion 3. An idiot.
    The problem is not bringing back one items, is bringing items back that they specifically said will not be available anymore.
    For the rest believe what you will, it does not matter.

I would not, I already have mage tower xmogs for my both relevant characters. But I'm happy for those who wanted mage tower to be back.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Have they even confirmed they're adding back the old rewards? It might just be the new tier sets u know

They'd have to completely redesign the challenges. The old challenges are based around leggo effects with the way classes worked in Legion, as an example Rogue's could feint to their heart's content and reduce all incoming damage while also healing with the one set of leggo legs. This was taking into consideration for the Rogue class challenges. Currently feint has a cool down and no healing (although I think the leggos probably still work in timewalking, unsure about "depowered" artifact weapons) Previous point kind of brings up, what if you didn't play a class in legion and don't have the artifact/it's not powered up with the abilities it grants....

Sounds like a shit ton of work I'd rather they put into current game to fix the issues, the work would be that of a completely new mode that... we'd only be doing once every 2 months, doesn't sound time effecient.

Would you return if there is a Mage Tower timewalking?

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Have they even confirmed they're adding back the old rewards? It might just be the new tier sets u know
    No, some people are setting themselves for massive disappointment, new tier is pretty likely reward. No one even confirmed Mage Tower as content is coming, but datamining evidence is pretty solid on this.

I doubt even current desperate Blizzard would bring back removed rewards (at best I could expect recolors, which wouldn't be that bad idea), that would risk massive shitshow, less people caring about any future time limited stuff and constant complains how they should return everything including green Ashbringer. But I hope MT return will start people whining about missing content since I think removing important lore bits is just ridiculous, not to mention really fun content like MT or warlock scenario.

And if we talk about far, far into future, it will be interesting if Classic will ever reach account wide stuff territory. If they will split modern and classic account-wide stuff, FOMO will probably be main argument for that.

I never left so theres no reason for returning

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    There are signs of a coming 9.1.5 patch. Probably, Blizzard would implement a little bit of lore, reduce the grind, and maybe they implement a Legion time walking.

What if they decide to return the Mage Tower?

Would your return 1 week just try to get the artifact skins?

Do you think WoW's subs are so low that Blizzard needs to bring back this popular feature?
    No.

If it won’t provide meaningful rewards (= no cosmetics but “real” gear) I will happily pass.

It probably won’t , so I’ll probably happily pass

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Everything shows, that they're going to give in and return Mage tower. Problem is - it's not going to return me. I'm casual player and I don't like "challenging" content. What I think - is "Man, why it always works with some hardcore crap, but never works with casual one? Where is my 10-50lvl/Maw/Korthia flying?". All that improvements mean nothing for me, because they don't add any real content, they would be used in. Leveling is still bad, Maw is still bad, Korthia is still bad, Anima grind is still bad. Still nothing to do in game.
    mage tower was doable in your sleep near the end of legion

Mage tower timewalking would just devalue the Mage Tower people did in the past, and what difficulty do you base it on if re-introduced? First month difficulty where only elite players completed it, end of expansion difficulty with turbo-roided up artifacts or typical casual timewalking difficulty? If they re-introduced the Mage tower as a timewalking event it would confirm to me that there isn't much hope left for the game.

So no, but by all means they can add new content.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Mage tower timewalking would just devalue the Mage Tower people did in the past, and what difficulty do you base it on if re-introduced? First month difficulty where only elite players completed it, end of expansion difficulty with turbo-roided up artifacts or typical casual timewalking difficulty? If they re-introduced the Mage tower as a timewalking event it would confirm to me that there isn't much hope left for the game.

I personally prefer timed exclusivity over permanently removing options from the game but I see your point. I would prefer a wait and see approach it's quite possible that the timewalking version will not award artifact appearances but rather the new sets only.

I am all for them finding a non pvp or raid way to introduce new colored sets.

As for difficulty... I think they will be easier myself. With maybe the exception of the tank ones. I don't see that as the end of the world though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    mage tower was doable in your sleep near the end of legion
    Depends what one. Some specs had really easy challenges or ones that certain leggos trivialized. Other stayed somewhat difficult unless you put geared them to the point of having full mythic raid gear.

We don't want a damn remaster, we want new content that's as awesome as the tower was.

Did MT and CM when they were current and have no interest in them bringing them back. It's lazy development and something I personally played more than enough to want to do it again as I got 36/36 for MT and only warlock and druid CM armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't people just, you know.. download a patch, log on, try the new content for an hour or so, and then log out? Why do they have to "return"?

What is the definition of "return" here anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

They should've added an achievement that you got when you beat it on the first try on each spec. And a title to go with it. Would've been nice. At least for those who completed it the first time MT was up on their realm. Was faceroll after that..
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Max level zones aren't, unless someone invites you
    i.e, every shadowland zone is 90% illidan players.

you speak so much yet know so little. you barely run into players from other realms.
    If Shadowland zones are 90% illidan players... Then it's CRZ enabled. Lol.
    Hi

The issue is going to eventually become -- are they going to do this for different rewards whenever Legion TW appears? If so, then its okay. I think my one major issues will be that people are going to get tired of doing the same fight everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    Depends what one. Some specs had really easy challenges or ones that certain leggos trivialized. Other stayed somewhat difficult unless you put geared them to the point of having full mythic raid gear.
    mythic nighthold maybe for some specs but by the end it was free for everyone with a working keyboard and comp that can produce 5 fps