Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Its not. Getting your character stronger is meaningless task in wow. All your power will be absolote next patch and 99% of casuals have no use for that power anyway. Character progression wont hold players interest if there is no reason to progress your character in first place. You just can just press button join LFG/LFR, beat game and quit becouse everything els is nothing but treadmill of ever increasing difficulty and bigger numers. If you really thing people will spend their time chasing artificial numbers just for sake of having them bigger than i have bad news for you.

You know in older expansion specialy preLFR. You wanted to gear your character becouse it allowed you to beat new and harder bosses in completly new raid. There wasnt any easy shortcut for you like LFR to pretty much just bypass all the challenge so players were forced to get better gear in order to beat content. You wanted to get T4 becouse you wanted to beat T5. You wanted to have T5 becouse you wanted to beat T6. You wanted to have T6 in order to beat T6.5.

Now all you can do is just wait get some basic new patch gear, join LFR, beat lfr and quit. Literaly best way to play WoW nowdays is just wait for last patch and when all gating is gone. Than you can join WoW and literaly beats all its content withing 2 weeks without worriyng about gear or any sort of system.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not casual. Casual is state of mind and difference is made by what goals you set for yourself.
    Of course thats casual. That is super casual. I am on mayne 2hrs a night and that is it. I used to raid 6 nights a week 5hr raids. What I do now is beyond casual.

You know wow is in serious trouble, they went all M+ and Raid focused for streamers to stream and all the streamers left, i mean i was surprised in that pretty much all of them who used to stream M+ and Raids, Asmon, Naguura, Preach, Tali, Snowmixy, so many i mean even Hazzlenutty that's pretty sad blizz, and to boot they are SO HAPPY NOW, i've never seen them all so unbelievably HAPPY af, probably becasue they are playing a "REAL" MMORPG and not some pos esport.

ok that's one thing, but the biggest tell of all of just how bad it is... wowhead is literally fast af, high end services pumping that site hard af for tons of traffic and was still lagged all the time, now lightening fast lmao.

Then they go and rename characters like mcree i mean i had no idea that was even the case, i mean if you're stupid enough to name your lore characters after semi human lowlifes working at blizz that can't make proper f'ing mmorpg's then it's no wonder people left in droves for real mmorpg's. Everyone is so happy to get away form your epsort f'ing crap.

And yeah i'm extra salty today becasue the game brings the worst out in people, just landed KH last night and instead of being happy i'm PO'd that i'm forced to do such utter boring af content, timed dungeons?

I mean what kind of moron though t that was a great idea, oh yeah probably one of those deviant sexual predators, M+ is the stupidest mmorpg feature ever created and all for streamers to stream, well POOF even they are happy af to be rid of your super shit f'ing useless utter mind melting garbage feature, and to force players to do is even more perplexing than the universe, no one cares for this utter f'ing garbage. /end rant Did i mention i loath M+ lol
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-09-10 at 06:04 PM.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    OMG, you mean there are people that DON'T like raiding? And they'll spend time doing things they DO like?

You people invent definitions ("casual means less time spent") and then apply them to people so you can point and say "see, they're not REALLY casual!", rather than accepting that casual might mean "doesn't want to put control over their playtime in a stranger's hands" i.e. no manual grouping.

I could easily spend 50-100 hours a week playing games if I felt like it, but I don't want to raid or rated pvp or m+ or any of that nonsense in even a minute of those hours. And if the game doesn't want to give me something worthwhile to do outside of that narrow set of activities (manually grouping) then I'll happily move on to other games. Which I have done.

WoW is doing nothing for the person who is not interested in manually grouping in instances, in fact it's actively trying to push them into that sort of activity despite the fact that those players have no interest in it whatsoever.
    so you just admited to be anti social and not a Casual like 90% of the ppl that complain here about not being able to progress gear wise as a "Casual" gotcha, but in reality Casual guilds and pugs exist and clearing HC in 2hrs on a set day they have time to spear.

its fine to be bad and anti social but dont complain about that the game has no content and gear progression for Casuals
    I.O BFA Season 3

I've not read the whole thread but different people define casual content differently. It also depends a lot on if you're part of a guild/community and if you have friends to play with. A lot of "hardcore" content can be done as a casual with likeminded people.

That said... personally I think the main two things about casual content are:

- things you can jump in and out of without much commitment: nothing that takes over an hour to complete and nothing that involves the current trash LFG system
    - fairly easy content: no rated PvP over like ~1500 or so, no PvE more difficult than normal raids

PvP:

This expansion ruined PvP for anyone who did it casually or started late. Casuals get stomped by people with gear in BGs. People who were late got stomped by people with gear and boosters in arena. I don't believe there's any PvP that can be classed as fun and casual right now. *

PvE:

You gotta commit to raiding or try the horrible LFG system. Not much good PvE casual content left to do. *

*Unless as I said at the start, you got a community to do stuff with.

Other activities are just mind numbing repetitive grinds in my opinion, not much left that is really... fun.
    If you look at FFXIV, as the MMO everyone is flocking to, they provide content that lets players create their own activities in and don't force them to do anything.

Casual stuff WoW needs in my opinion:

PvP:

Let casuals get the best gear through random BGs and low rated PvP, just slower than hardcore players. Solo queue for RBGs at least, for arenas this might be difficult to implement but could be tested AT LEAST. Leave the current cosmetic rated rewards the way they are. Add a designated PvP hub in expansion capitals for everyone to hang out, duel, chat shit, naturally find arena mates etc..
    ***Unpopular opinions: Gladiator titles and mounts should be obtained only if you win games over 2.4k in both 2v2 and 3v3. PvP boosting advertisement should result in short temporary bans leading to permanent bans for repeating offenders.

PvE:

LFG system needs major improvements. Solo queue for normal raids and M+ equivalent gear. Let people get fairly good gear here. Compared to PvP though, leave the best gear for the hardcore players.
    ***Unpopular opinions: PvE boosting advertisement should result in short temporary bans leading to permanent bans for repeating offenders.

General changes:

Stop forcing people to do boring repetitive shit weekly and make majority of progression account wide. This just alienates the whole player base.

Add waaaaaaaaaaay more character customisation, make this an expansion thing, but do it properly. Not just 3 new hairstyles and a nose ring option. Make unique options obtainable through professions, exploration, solo content like Torghast, interesting achievements. Add new emotes, lots of them.

Player housing with "the sims" level of customisation, similar to FFXIV. Again... spend time and resource into it. Like before, add multiple ways of unlocking cosmetics for this. Don't repeat WoD. Don't gate this behind time or boring repetitive grinds.

Ugh there's so much, a lot of it is also just general improvements for everyone, not just casual players but still. I'll stop here since this is becoming a novel > >
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    OR
    I just don't enjoy raids and M+.
    I know, i know, how can ANYONE not love that content, it's so much fun! Except it's not.

WoW had casual content for a long time. Heroics for example. They just killed them with M+ in general and in SL in particular. Pet battle dungeons, Badge Gear, Scenarios, Warfronts, Tournaments, all kinds of stuff.
    Heroics are still in the game tho

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Its not. Getting your character stronger is meaningless task in wow. All your power will be absolote next patch and 99% of casuals have no use for that power anyway. Character progression wont hold players interest if there is no reason to progress your character in first place. You just can just press button join LFG/LFR, beat game and quit becouse everything els is nothing but treadmill of ever increasing difficulty and bigger numers. If you really thing people will spend their time chasing artificial numbers just for sake of having them bigger than i have bad news for you.

You know in older expansion specialy preLFR. You wanted to gear your character becouse it allowed you to beat new and harder bosses in completly new raid. There wasnt any easy shortcut for you like LFR to pretty much just bypass all the challenge so players were forced to get better gear in order to beat content. You wanted to get T4 becouse you wanted to beat T5. You wanted to have T5 becouse you wanted to beat T6. You wanted to have T6 in order to beat T6.5.

Now all you can do is just wait get some basic new patch gear, join LFR, beat lfr and quit. Literaly best way to play WoW nowdays is just wait for last patch and when all gating is gone. Than you can join WoW and literaly beats all its content withing 2 weeks without worriyng about gear or any sort of system.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not casual. Casual is state of mind and difference is made by what goals you set for yourself.

Well its interesting vision, probably the developers vision or the majority of the player vision what you are saying, but for me as individual is not.For me power growing, feeling stronger is one of if not the main reason.After I have decent power I start to do other content that I find interesting like collecting interesting mounts/transmong, do some professions farm some gold or play an alternate character. I think the domination proc was a good idea because only work in raid and thorgast/maw/korthia, if we had something like if you complete the main campaing you would receive a gear that was very good to do world content, would give some interesting proc and something that would not make the raiders complain or rage over (why I would raid blablabla).

I'm someone who started to play on Warlords of Draenor expansion, on that expansion you could pick the purple pvp conquest gear very easily and do everything but mythic raiding thats what I did. The reason that I started to Raid on Legion was that they changed the way you could get the good purple pvp gear, you had to be high rated to get the high ilvls and was on rng drop.
    Another teory that I have is on my experience in Legion, until I got my BIS legendaries, (who took months btw) and was very advanced on the artifact research, I had a feeling that I was playing a crippled character, the rotation where complete crippled slowed and rng procs needed to even mantening stuff up, my teory was that they balanced my class around having those itens until that you wont have the gameplay experience you suppost to.
    Last edited by Cinqed; 2021-09-10 at 06:57 PM. Reason: bad english

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    I mean what kind of moron though t that was a great idea, oh yeah probably one of those deviant sexual predators, M+ is the stupidest mmorpg feature ever created and all for streamers to stream, well POOF even they are happy af to be rid of your super shit f'ing useless utter mind melting garbage feature, and to force players to do is even more perplexing than the universe, no one cares for this utter f'ing garbage. /end rant Did i mention i loath M+ lol
    You know, most normal people understand that not everything in the video game is designed specifically for them. They don't accuse the developers of being sexual deviants because they dislike a specific feature. What the actual fuck my dude?

10+ Year Old Account
    9.1.5 does not have any new content. It's a tiny patch with some fixes. If you want new content, you have to wait until 9.2.

You confuse "anti-social" with "not wanting to deal with assholes".

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how every other MMO I play does not treat me the way WoW does and I have incredible fun in them. WoW is actually the outlier, the game that's not really an MMO even though it claims to be. It's an instance simulator, with no worthwhile game world to speak of.
    so everyone who raid/pvp and plays M+ is a asshole? thats some lvl of Copuim lol
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You know, most normal people understand that not everything in the video game is designed specifically for them. They don't accuse the developers of being sexual deviants because they dislike a specific feature. What the actual fuck my dude?
    So there wasn't sexual deviants working there, ahhh ok, thanks for letting me know. The state of California after 2 year investigation probably thinks otherwise but glad you cleared that up, i'll let them know they don't need to bother. I guess the documents they were shredding was inconsequential as well, like lunch orders or something. Well glad you finally come on and straightened out the whole mess, M+ rocks again, even when you ARE FORCED TOO do it to continue Raiding. I mean shredding is a felony, wtf was up amirite, to take the risk of that to cover up whatever it was, must have been really, really nasty to risk felony charges. Oh right but only normal people understand nothing was going on over there, my bad bruh, gee golly i sure wish i was normal like you, i mean to go through life with blinders on to the world, utterly oblivious to your surrounding is probably a blessing, but right i'd have to be normal. Damn!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Once again OP fails to understand the difference between a casual player and a bad player.

There's a lot to do for casuals in this game. And not all casuals are as bad at the game as the OP
    What most people mean when they say "no casual content" is the lack of long term meaningful gear progression for someone who plays the game casually (as in no organized premade content).

It's one of the reasons FFXIV is attracting so many casual players. You can run roulettes every week (think LFR/LFG) and cap a currency (think the older versions of Valor points) and buy the best gear in the game.
    You'll be months behind the raiders but you'll get there and you have something to work towards.
    These roulettes are very laid back and fun. A lot of times it's enhanced by the social aspect, players who run that level of content seem to be very friendly.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2021-09-10 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    9.1.5 does not have any new content. It's a tiny patch with some fixes. If you want new content, you have to wait until 9.2.
    which will come in 2022

so in reality - if you want new content go play fF14

thats where majority of wow playerbase is atm .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    What most people mean when they say "no casual content" is the lack of long term meaningful gear progression for someone who plays the game casually (as in no organized premade content).

It's one of the reasons FFXIV is attracting so many casual players. You can run roulettes every week (think LFR/LFG) and cap a currency (think the older versions of Valor points) and buy the best gear in the game.
    You'll be months behind the raiders but you'll get there and you have something to work towards.
    people have been telling this for years to blizzard

so many times

bring back real VP gear back and dont gate it behind toxic m+ content

go back to wolk-mop design aha 7-8 hc raid quality items on vendors + itlv upgrades like in mop . so many things instant fixed

nothing more is needed

but untill Ion looses his job fun is not allowed in wow.

its only allowed in FF14

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    so everyone who raid/pvp and plays M+ is a asshole? thats some lvl of Copuim lol
    majority indeed are.

nice people you can usually find in like normal dungeons.

So there wasn't sexual deviants working there, ahhh ok, thanks for letting me know. The state of California after 2 year investigation probably thinks otherwise but glad you cleared that up, i'll let them know they don't need to bother. I guess the documents they were shredding was inconsequential as well, like lunch orders or something. Well glad you finally come on and straightened out the whole mess, M+ rocks again, even when you ARE FORCED TOO do it to continue Raiding. I mean shredding is a felony, wtf was up amirite, to take the risk of that to cover up whatever it was, must have been really, really nasty to risk felony charges. Oh right but only normal people understand nothing was going on over there, my bad bruh, gee golly i sure wish i was normal like you, i mean to go through life with blinders on to the world, utterly oblivious to your surrounding is probably a blessing, but right i'd have to be normal. Damn!
    Dude, neither you nor I have any fucking idea what's happening at Blizzard internally. What the fuck do you get from automatically assuming that a feature that you disliked was developed by some kind of sexual deviant? This isn't defending Blizzard, this is asking you to think like a rational human being instead of letting your emotional attachment to this video game dictate your reasoning. For fuck's sake, the fact that I even have to explain this to you is honestly quite pathetic. You ever wonder why developers refuse to engage with the community? It's because of shit takes like the one you're trying to push.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say it looks nice, but thats not the reason i quit, its the req of so many grinds everyday, Delete Torghast, thats a good start

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

majority indeed are.

nice people you can usually find in like normal dungeons.
    or maybe its you and like minded that troll others to the point that they get pissed? no one is toxic towards me not in pugs or rnd keys i wonder why, maybe cuz i pull my weight and dont wipe the raid on every pull? we will never know no one is being attacked by "the majority" for no reason
    I.O BFA Season 3

Why do you keep putting words into my mouth that I've never said? Seems to me like a bit of defensiveness there, really. You erect a strawman that you can easily topple, I suppose that makes you feel you ... won? or something.
    Brother, you were the one who said your refusal to do group content was because you "didn't want to deal with assholes." That isn't a strawman, you literally said it.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I just tried to say, that not all sources suit me.
    And that's your problem.

The game isn't developed to cater to one player's very specific desire to only do one kind of content and max out their play efficiency.

I mean shredding is a felony,
    Spoilation of evidence for civil court used to be a felony in California, but is now just a misdemeanor.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Why do you keep putting words into my mouth that I've never said? Seems to me like a bit of defensiveness there, really. You erect a strawman that you can easily topple, I suppose that makes you feel you ... won? or something.
    how is this a strawman you said "i dont do grp content cuz i dont want to deal with assholes" this implies organized players = assholes

ppl like you just need to admit that youre bad and thats it, i play this game for 17 years and i may meet 1 "asshole" every 4 months cuz i dont give ppl a reason to me mad at me.

are you like this in rl too? instead of self improvement you blame the government, Boss and wife for being fired and unemployed? instead of admiting that youre just bad at your job?
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2021-09-10 at 08:54 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    how is this a strawman you said "i dont do grp content cuz i dont want to deal with assholes" this implies organized players = assholes
    No it implies there are likely to be more than zero he/she considers assholes in each group. No one said 'all'.

Carry on, not my fight.