Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    I feel sorry for those excited about the kotor remake, the head writter of this game is a the mary sue writter and one who hate male star wars fans.

So expect to be indoctrinated in the woke propaganda.
    Do I want to ask what being "indoctrinated in the woke propaganda" even means?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Do I want to ask what being "indoctrinated in the woke propaganda" even means?
    Anyone that would seriously, unironically, try to answer that question probably doesn't even know what most of the words in that sentence actually mean anyway, so it would be a lost cause.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    isnt this just a remake?
    Yes, it is a remake. So likely the story will be what we got, potentially with some changes like removing the Vong reference with Canderous.
    Jennifer Hale was literally the one speaking in the trailer (who voices Bastila).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    *cough* xenoblade chronicles *cough*
    I thought the combat was the least interesting thing about XBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Nothing like labelling something "woke" and condemning it before we even get any details about it. What a great times we live in.
    Except the writer openly stated KOTOR was her least favourate game in the past and openly despises the male fans of the franchise of star wars not even subtly or ironically.

And there are active twitter posts about her previous tweets.

This is a literal Misandrist whose one agenda is to rewrite the game to make it more "progressive" and forgive me for noping out but im tired of "progressive" writing, it always ends up being boring, cliche, samey and overtly 4th wall breaking pushing agenda and politics over storytelling and good narrative.

Honestly, make the game, the faithful remake, dont TOUCH the writing, just- update the graphics, make the quality of the art significantly more composed and leave it at that.

The story did NOT need any changes, it was FINE as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    The writing sure does. Unless a game in 2022/23 is going to launch with you waking up with amnesia and a character speaking to you, in-universe, telling you to open the options menu.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Except the writer openly stated KOTOR was her least favourate game in the past and openly despises the male fans of the franchise of star wars not even subtly or ironically.

This is a literal Misandrist whose one agenda is to rewrite the game to make it more "progressive" and forgive me for noping out but im tired of "progressive" writing, it always ends up being boring, cliche, samey and overtly 4th wall breaking pushing agenda and politics over storytelling and good narrative.

Honestly, make the game, the faithful remake, dont TOUCH the writing, just- update the graphics, make the quality of the art significantly more composed and leave it at that.

Bastila - UBER SPECIAL FEMALE JEDI. Must save and protect Bastila. Bastila specifically turned to the Dark Side to replaced killed apprentice because she has special powers.
    Juhani - LESBIAN!
    Jolee Bindo - Dishearten Jedi who is also black and is able to survives on his own on Kashyyyk where even Wookiees struggle.
    Canderous Ordo - is dark side and displays traits of "Toxic masculinity"
    Carth - shares his feelings openly and gets mocked.
    Dark Side Female Revan has access to a special alternative ending.

Seriously, if KotOR was released today, people would be complaining it is woke. You can literally twist most characters into "Wokeness" with it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Bastila - UBER SPECIAL FEMALE JEDI. Must save and protect Bastila. Bastila specifically turned to the Dark Side to replaced killed apprentice because she has special powers.
    Juhani - LESBIAN!
    Jolee Bindo - Dishearten Jedi who is also black and is able to survives on his own on Kashyyyk where even Wookiees struggle.

Seriously, if KotOR was released today, people would be complaining it is woke. You can literally twist most characters into "Wokeness" with it.
    Some people nowadays scream "woke" when they see a new ip has a female protagonist, so you can't even tell where genuine complains start.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Some people nowadays scream "woke" when they see a new ip has a female protagonist, so you can't even tell where genuine complains start.
    Yeah, woke means absolutely nothing now.
    I remember people prior to the Tomb Raider reboot release complaining it was "woke" because they gave Lara a realistic body type rather than what the older games had.
    –The Sith Code

Juhani - LESBIAN!

Bastila is powerful but she's still a supporting character, and she doesn't humiliate the male lead at every opportunity. She's a great character who happens to be a woman, and she fails and has actual weaknesses. Good writing!

No one sane would ever complain about Jolee in any era. He's a great example of writing a diverse character because his race is irrelevant and his opinions are out of the mainstream (diversity of opinion!)

Canderous isn't mocked relentlessly for being a typical warrior culture bro, nor is he made out to have 5 IQ.

Very unlikely game would be written this well or this subtly today, unfortunately.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Bastila is powerful but she's still a supporting character, and she doesn't humiliate the male lead at every opportunity. She's a great character who happens to be a woman, and she fails and has actual weaknesses. Good writing!

No one sane would ever complain about Jolee in any era. He's a great example of writing a diverse character because his race is irrelevant and his opinions are out of the mainstream (diversity of opinion!)

Canderous isn't mocked relentlessly for being a typical warrior culture bro, nor is he made out to have 5 IQ.

Very unlikely game would be written this well or this subtly today, unfortunately.
    I just pointing out the currently style of arguments people use for "wokeness" in today's market.
    People would be calling KotOR if it released today "woke" even if nothing changed.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I feel sorry for people who say ''woke'' unironically.
    It's gotten to the point where if I even see someone use the word "woke" I automatically ignore whatever it is they are saying and move on. It's not worth even conversing with those kinds of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    It's gotten to the point where if I even see someone use the word "woke" I automatically ignore whatever it is they are saying and move on. It's not worth even conversing with those kinds of people.
    "woke" is shorthand for, "Im mad the writers didn't cater to my very narrow expectations of the narrative."

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I just pointing out the currently style of arguments people use for "wokeness" in today's market.
    People would be calling KotOR if it released today "woke" even if nothing changed.
    I am not sure if you are being dishonest with your reply, a lesbian character or a black character doesn't have anything to do with being woke.

This is what being woke is. And that is the writer that is handling the game this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    "woke" is shorthand for, "Im mad the writers didn't cater to my very narrow expectations of the narrative."
    Already laid out the issue with the headwriter, but if you had a problem with the actual word woke, I used that one instead of the one that applies to this person because mods have an issue with the combination of feminist + bad guys from ww2.

But just to be clear, the issue is that the head writer is a misandrist person who isn't a fan of the game and used to write for the mary sue, if you know the type of drivel that these people write on that website you would have an issue with them laying their hands on your favorite game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure if you are being dishonest with your reply, a lesbian character or a black character doesn't have anything to do with being woke.
    Are you like new to the internet? People complain that having a female lead alone makes something "woke."

Like seriously, people claimed the Tomb Raider reboot was "woke" solely because they gave Lara a reasonable body type.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-10 at 10:27 PM.
    –The Sith Code

I'm not sure if you're being dishonest or not, either. Because that is exactly what the morons who unironically scream "woke" about, is the inclusion of things like this.

I agree that's not what it ACTUALLY is anymore, but that's what those kinds of people say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Loved the original game, but can hardly get excited about a vague short teaser cinematic that shows nothing. Also, what they needed was a KOTOR 3 and not another remake game, we're getting to the point now where everyone is just rehashing good games from 20 years ago with varying levels of success to just milk nostalgia because they're too scared to make good new games.

It seems like 2021 is peak remake season. But great now we get to play 2 KOTOR remakes in the next 4 years before they consider a KOTOR 3.
    KOTOR 3 will never happen.

First, it's story took place in the Revan novel. Second, it was a tie in to SWTOR, where you have a KOTOR3/4/5, etc. You can play SWTOR by yourself. You are not forced to group, unless you want to. The story is now free to play as well.
    Stop asking for a KOTOR3 and actually go play it.

Updated the thread title to be more fitting with what we know now, since this has become more or less the de-facto thread. Can update further if discussion continues down this road.

Unrelated to the above - https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...08071648006151

So...BW and EA have nothing to do with this remake. Well then...uh...that's interesting.

I mean sure it's not explicitly saying they aren't involved, but given the non-answer response it's a very safe bet. I know that Aspyr is making it, but it's a bit odd that EA/BW doon't seem to have anything to do with it at all >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Already laid out the issue with the headwriter, but if you had a problem with the actual word woke, I used that one instead of the one that applies to this person because mods have an issue with the combination of feminist + bad guys from ww2.

But just to be clear, the issue is that the head writer is a misandrist person who isn't a fan of the game and used to write for the mary sue, if you know the type of drivel that these people write on that website you would have an issue with them laying their hands on your favorite game.
    I get your point - nuance can be hard. The kind of writers you outlined are terrible and part of the reason why the term 'woke' is washed up, as well. The term 'woke' is so broad and mis/overused that people just ignore it or assume certain things when it is used. Then you have the content like WW2 for instance that hides being 'woke' to spread some trash or to shame people who call them out on their trash.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it's being rewritten, which means it'll be a hard pass for me.