Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I didn't play during Classic but I should get the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal and the Scarab Lord title. I also want all the Gladiator mounts I never got from each PVP season I didn't play.

Why the fuck are people arguing about a reward that was available for a limited time? If you really wanted them you should have tried harder before they were removed. They gave everyone broken artifacts and made the challenges available permanently up until BFA prepatch --> https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/06/06...us-end-legion/.

Incredible that people still want to justify having nothing prestigious left in the game because someone might not play for an entire expansion and miss out on something available for a limited time. If you want something, do it while it's available and stop trying to drag the game down to the lowest common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It would be cool if it came back, but the artifact skins should not be obtainable in this version.
    Yeah, I'm sort of in this camp. Call me selfish for having busted my ass to get all 36 appearances and wanting to keep them exclusive. On the other hand, I regret not doing challenge modes in WoD for the weapons, so I get it. I'm fine with having rewards for those that were there.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye we totaly should

blizzard shoudl admit they are following the path that wildstar went

remind me where is wildstar now ?

ah ye - it doesnt exist anymore

great solution there

im sure Square Enix will rejoice as they will get even more players after 9.1.5 releases

- - - Updated - - -

loosing majority of playerbase is a bit worse things then few elitest toxic people feeling ....hurt about casuals getting those looks

but then - its game under direction of Ion so what else can we expect.

ah i know what we can expst - FF14 growing at explosive rate once they release expansion and blizzard panicking why people ignore 9.1.5 and play FF14
    Still waiting for you to put a source up for your claims

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't give a flying fuck about the artifact skins from the mage tower, cause all the classes that i played the skins sucked, so i didn't even care to try, but i agree that if they are going to bring the mage tower back they should make it possible to get those back for people who never had the chance back then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    NGL this is the only time I wish assmon played WoW - when he smacked his head on that desk it was probably one of the most epic head desks I've ever witnessed.

Anyway, Super happy they are bringing content into the game vs taking it out.

Bigup wow devs!
    In fairness he's since mentioned he doesn't do those anymore because the last one caused a scare due to how badly it hurt; he's concerned the next one might do actual damage.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Don't think they should come back, and people crying about this FOMO shit can whine all they want, the artifact appearances were super easy to get by the end of the expansion (I got at least 30 of them, can't remember if I finished it out), you had over a year to get them, and you knew they would be gone. There are literally hundreds of other appearances you can get for a weapon if you missed out.

This sense of entitlement that people have that they should be given/get everything they want needs to die off. You can't always get what you want as a musician once said.

As for bringing back mage tower with new rewards, that I am okay with. Especially at the release of Mage Tower the challenge to complete it was really enjoyable, I remember the feeling of joy I had when I completed the aff lock challenge without the corruption slow ring, few things in wow have felt so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

If they're too cowardly to bring back the mage tower skins and instead substitute some T20 recolors, a good portion of which are ugly as sin, that'll be comically silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If they're too cowardly to bring back the mage tower skins and instead substitute some T20 recolors, a good portion of which are ugly as sin, that'll be comically silly.
    I already have 7 versions, do I need an 8th at this point ?

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Don't think they should come back, and people crying about this FOMO shit can whine all they want, the artifact appearances were super easy to get by the end of the expansion (I got at least 30 of them, can't remember if I finished it out), you had over a year to get them, and you knew they would be gone. There are literally hundreds of other appearances you can get for a weapon if you missed out.

This sense of entitlement that people have that they should be given/get everything they want needs to die off. You can't always get what you want as a musician once said.

As for bringing back mage tower with new rewards, that I am okay with. Especially at the release of Mage Tower the challenge to complete it was really enjoyable, I remember the feeling of joy I had when I completed the aff lock challenge without the corruption slow ring, few things in wow have felt so good.
    So then why are you moaning about some people wanting them back?

FOMO offers nothing to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tdownpour View Post
    I didn't play during Classic but I should get the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal and the Scarab Lord title. I also want all the Gladiator mounts I never got from each PVP season I didn't play.

Why the fuck are people arguing about a reward that was available for a limited time? If you really wanted them you should have tried harder before they were removed. They gave everyone broken artifacts and made the challenges available permanently up until BFA prepatch --> https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/06/06...us-end-legion/.

Incredible that people still want to justify having nothing prestigious left in the game because someone might not play for an entire expansion and miss out on something available for a limited time. If you want something, do it while it's available and stop trying to drag the game down to the lowest common denominator.
    Nothing prestigious about faceroll content just because it was time-locked.

"What did you do? Did you work your ass off?"
    "No, I was just playing during that expansion and you were not. Prestige man- prestige."

Also the lowest common denominator is the person that wants their ego rubbed indefinitely over a faceroll activity from years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    As someone who did several MoP challenge modes, Legendary capes and a large chunk of the mage tower challenges I don't mind one bit if the content returns so new and old players alike can enjoy it and gather the skins.

I feel this FOMO shit has gone too far and it's making me want to play less because I know I can't manage to do it all because there is so much. It's also demotivating for new players to see something cool and be told they missed out.

Make the content scalable and make it hard. Then you can't complain "that even scrubs can get it".
    Agreed. When somebody asks you "Wow, that looks cool, how can I get that?" you should be able to answer "By doing this content that challenges you." And not, "By creating a time machine. :^)"

Sincerely, somebody with the of the Black Harvest title, Challenge mode armor and mounts, Mage Tower skins, every M+ mount so far and the Faceless title.

So then why are you moaning about some people wanting them back?

FOMO offers nothing to the game.
    - - - Updated - - -
    SO why are they moaning they should get something they passed on? Literally everything in life is FOMO as we have a limited life span, so by doing X you are missing on on everything not X.

Get over it, you had a chance, and at points it was extremely easy and little time investment to get. If you couldn't be bothered to get it then, not my fault, blizzard gave you a chance and you didn't take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    SO why are they moaning they should get something they passed on? Literally everything in life is FOMO as we have a limited life span, so by doing X you are missing on on everything not X.

Get over it, you had a chance, and at points it was extremely easy and little time investment to get. If you couldn't be bothered to get it then, not my fault, blizzard gave you a chance and you didn't take it.
    "Life is fomo bro ecks dee." That's such a silly non-argument it's insulting that you thought it would convince anybody.

>Get over it
    I did it on all the classes I cared to do it on, lol. Ever consider somebody might want to bring this option back for other reasons than self-interest? Not everybody values stroking their ego over a reward from a faceroll activity from 2 expansions ago over the possibility for players old and new to tackle a mode of content and be rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this proves they learned nothing and 9.1.5 is another casual-hate patch .
    No. This just proves that you're either a player who started in Legion or you apparently slept through Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor, and Legion where all THREE expansions had rewards for content that ended when the next expansion started. MoP had the class armor sets from getting Gold in all Mythic Dungeons as well as the Warlock Green Fire quest line giving the "...of the Black Harvest" title. WoD had the weapon transmogs. Legion had the artifact transmogs. And let's not forget that the one-and-only Brutosaur mount was only available to people who simply had the gold to blow.

You missed the content when you had ample opportunity and the fact Blizzard nerfed it 2 or three times before Legion ended. Not to mention the Imp Mother scenario was bugged IN PLAYERS' FAVOR and they never fixed it. You could easily one-shot her on a class you played for about 10 minutes outside of LFR runs.

Ever consider somebody might want to bring this option back for other reasons than self-interest? Not everybody values stroking their ego over a reward from a faceroll activity from 2 expansions ago over the possibility for players old and new to tackle a mode of content and be rewarded for it.
    They are being rewarded with armor transmog sets. Not the original rewards, but still rewards.

"Cowardly"

...why would you use this word to describe a potential optional feature? Man, if only Blizzard could be like Chad FFXIV and just put the MT skins on the fucking store for $25 like real men.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    They are being rewarded with armor transmog sets. Not the original rewards, but still rewards.
    That still leaves a skin per spec catching dust in vaults to stroke the ego of people who by their own admission did faceroll content, simply because now that they can no longer pretend the mage tower skins were challenging, they resort to "uhh time = prestige??"

That aside, like a good half or more of the sets are hideous, so that will probably make it a flub from the reward side of things, apart from with, you know, warlocks and priests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    "Cowardly"

...why would you use this word to describe a potential optional feature? Man, if only Blizzard could be like Chad FFXIV and just put the MT skins on the fucking store for $25 like real men.
    Yes, cowardly. Because if they bring back these skins, they know that a circle of people whose ego is centered around possessing shelves of retired item looks that they barely use but will act excessively protective over when somebody dares imply that somebody that didn't play WoW 15 years, or 10 years of 5 years ago should also be able to obtain them if they put in the work will throw a fit and complain about casuals ruining the game and how prestige is no longer a thing.

Yes, cowardly. Because if they bring back these skins, they know that a circle of people whose ego is centered around possessing shelves of retired item looks that they barely use but will act excessively protective over when somebody dares imply that somebody that didn't play WoW 15 years, or 10 years of 5 years ago should also be able to obtain them if they put in the work will throw a fit and complain about casuals ruining the game and how prestige is no longer a thing.
    How dare rare things exist in a video game! You can just be honest and say you're jealous. It's okay, we're adults here. We won't judge you.

How dare rare things exist in a video game! You can just be honest and say you're jealous. It's okay, we're adults here. We won't judge you.
    How can I be jealous when I got the items I want?

You can just be honest and admit you really have no reasonable objection to "Things shouldn't be arbitrarily locked into a vault in order to stroke the ego of people that just happened to be 'around' during a certain period of time and should instead be obtainable to anyone who works towards them."

How can I be jealous when I got the items I want?

You can just be honest and admit you really have no reasonable objection to "Things shouldn't be arbitrarily locked into a vault in order to stroke the ego of people that just happened to be 'around' during a certain period of time and should instead be obtainable to anyone who works towards them."
    I do this weird thing where I don't give a fuck about the things other people have. If they have it, cool. If Blizzard adds it back, sweet. But I'm not going to get on forums and try to argue that Blizzard adds prestige items precisely so they can remove them later and hurt people's fee fees.

I do this weird thing where I don't give a fuck about the things other people have. If they have it, cool. If Blizzard adds it back, sweet. But I'm not going to get on forums and try to argue that Blizzard adds prestige items precisely so they can remove them later and hurt people's fee fees.
    Okay? The relevance of this is?

That still leaves a skin per spec catching dust in vaults to stroke the ego of people who by their own admission did faceroll content, simply because now that they can no longer pretend the mage tower skins were challenging, they resort to "uhh time = prestige??"
    You don't have to like the rewards. A good chunk of the class armor sets from Mists Challenge Mode Dungeons (I misspoke calling them Mythic in my original reply) were ugly too. Which is why I didn't really care about getting gold on them on my main. The Legion versions of them looked better in most cases. Do I wish I had it on some of my alts that had good ones? Sure I do. Especially Paladin. But at the time I didn't play Pally well enough because I simply did not have the time to invest in that. I also decided that I was not going to pay in-game gold for a carry through all of them too because I wanted to earn the achievement, not have it handed to me.

But I accept the fact that I can never go back and get those sets. Time-limited exclusivity is only a problem for people who are the subject of /r/EntitledPeople. Especially when Blizzard goes out of their way to nerf it several times with gear from Antorus (MT was tuned to normal Tomb of Sargeras gear IIRC) as well as the infinite Artifact talent and the end-of-expansion power surge to the artifacts leveling them up well into the 100s.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    You don't have to like the rewards. A good chunk of the class armor sets from Mists Challenge Mode Dungeons (I misspoke calling them Mythic in my original reply) were ugly too. Which is why I didn't really care about getting gold on them on my main. The Legion versions of them looked better in most cases. Do I wish I had it on some of my alts that had good ones? Sure I do. Especially Paladin. But at the time I didn't play Pally well enough because I simply did not have the time to invest in that. I also decided that I was not going to pay in-game gold for a carry through all of them too because I wanted to earn the achievement, not have it handed to me.

But I accept the fact that I can never go back and get those sets. Time-limited exclusivity is only a problem for people who are the subject of /r/EntitledPeople. Especially when Blizzard goes out of their way to nerf it several times with gear from Antorus (MT was tuned to normal Tomb of Sargeras gear IIRC) as well as the infinite Artifact talent and the end-of-expansion power surge to the artifacts leveling them up well into the 100s.
    Honestly, all that tells me is that you bought into a weird system where things are arbitrarily removed to tickle the ego of a specific subset of players and have normalized it, so you want everyone else to do so, too? "It is the way it is," so to speak.

Pass. I'm going to advocate for returning things to the game and keeping them there. And unlike you, I have the Paladin CM set, and I would be delighted if they brought back MoP CMs and allowed people to get that set again provided people put in the work for it, which is a standpoint nobody has really found an argument against, which I find funny, and telling.