Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, most of the people said "I want the mage tower back because I like solo challenges," as far as I'm aware, and without emphasis on also bringing the original rewards back, they're probably just making a quick alternative reward to avoid ticking off the "muh prestige" portion of the playerbase. But frankly, that's a bandaid that should have been ripped off years ago at this point.
    That seems likely. I do think they could just add new recolors of the artifact skins though, which would keep "muh prestige" for the elitists, but allow players who missed the boat the chance to earn those models. Also, the elitists could earn the new colors too, so everyone wins.

Good if it means the return of the artifact skins with (badly) recolored T20. Content should never be removed from the game. Who would argue against extending the lifespan of a game? Prestige?? Get out of here. Nobody cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears that that hasn't been confirmed to be the case yet. Meaning it's possible the Artifact skins could end up being earnable once more along with the recoloured sets giving additional replayability to the Tower.
    Though that might be too positive thinking...
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

"Let me get this straight, you think relegating a good portion of meaningful rewards to a FOMO system that leaves them locked in a vault and inaccessible to anybody who happened not to play at a specific point in time is a dated and unhealthy way to design a game that caters to a group of people that probably need certified help with their self-esteem issues more than they need Blizzard validating them?"

I do. And I'm tired of pretending it's not.

(this is not to say that you can't take pride in your accomplishments, but if it was simply that, these people wouldn't hiss at the notion that others could be allowed put in the same effort to accomplish the same thing and get similarly rewarded for it.)
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2021-09-11 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Some interesting teleport spells are on the ptr with names of the location of mage tower boss fights such as Imp Mothers Den.

https://www.gfinityesports.com/world...-in-patch-915/
    Its more his claim he knows what are rewards and what arent

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    If the word bothers you so much there are other ways to describe it. Ongoing status symbols for compulsive narcissists is one. The main drive that gives it away is paranoia of others obtaining those status symbols.

If it were something players wanted for free i’d agree it’s entitlement, but this isn’t the case.
    ??? I never said it bothered me, I said he was a hypocrite for calling invalidated a buzzword while tossing out FOMO which is certainly a buzzword. Seems like it bothers you much more than it bothers me. Also calling someone a compulsive narcissists while demanding being giving the same things they have because you missed out is pretty fucking narcissistic.

It was basically free by the end of Legion, anyone could try it, there was no raid sign up, no M+ level, it was getting a few resources and trying it, with ample guides and complete over gearing, thus entitlement.

Again if they want to bring back the challenge with some new rewards, fine by me, I enjoyed the challenge. However these people crying to get the artifact mog are the definition of entitlement because they are asking blizzard to break their word (that the mog would be unavailable after Legion) because they want something that others at least put in the bare minimum for, if not a lot of work like those that got the skins at release (hello prot pally).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again if they want to bring back the challenge with some new rewards, fine by me, I enjoyed the challenge. However these people crying to get the artifact mog are the definition of entitlement because they are asking blizzard to break their word (that the mog would be unavailable after Legion) because they want something that others at least put in the bare minimum for, if not a lot of work like those that got the skins at release (hello prot pally).
    Like I said, paranoia. Therein lies the difference between pride and narcissism, an unhealthy ego and cultivation of a culture of elitism.

Call it a buzzword if you like, the phenomenon still exists and is officially recognized by marketing experts. You can disagree if you'd like, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, this is where I tell you that you manifested your very own interpretation six miles removed from anything that was at any point posted. "Blizzard removes items to make players upset."? What?
    You're the one calling game devs "cowards" for refusing to add something to the game when they have absolutely no fucking reason or obligation to do so. You have a perverse entitlement to content in the game and feel like prestige items being made unavailable is somehow evidence of Blizzard actively harming their playerbase. Just... stop giving such a shit about what people do or don't have. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Like I said, paranoia. Therein lies the difference between pride and narcissism, an unhealthy ego and cultivation of a culture of elitism.

Call it a buzzword if you like, the phenomenon still exists and is officially recognized by marketing experts. You can disagree if you'd like, but it is what it is.
    ??? Paranoia asking for blizzard to not break there word? Okay enjoy living in crazy land, and ignoring reality, not sure why I expected different from someone who puts stalking under their interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    ??? Paranoia asking for blizzard to not break there word? Okay enjoy living in crazy land, and ignoring reality, not sure why I expected different from someone who puts stalking under their interests.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. And my profile is not of any relevance to the conversation, thanks for taking the time to click. But the need feel superior to others in a game is not my problem. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It would be cool if it came back, but the artifact skins should not be obtainable in this version.

The recolor sets is a nice reward for what it looks to be, actual easy content from the start if I am understand the changes to the bosses ability through the datamining. That the reward is t20 is kinda obvious to me, since ToS was current when the Mage Tower was current.
    Why not? All the players that have had them for the last X years have had their 'prestige' of owning and earning them at the time. I know a fair few people that didn't play Legion or much of it and would like to have the chance to get these, including myself.

Make the OG a Feat of Strength, or a title or make new versions of the skins with a recolour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    So another corrupt-a-wish from Blizzard?

It's pointless to bring it back without the artifact skins. Why not add recolors of those instead?
    Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lemme get this straight...

Blizzard, who are adding something they were under no obligation to add, and who had said absolutely nothing about before... is adding something... and not only that, they're adding new distinct recolors for every class to this thing they were under no obligation to add...

and people are bitching about it.

Color me surprised.

Well, if you don't like the armor, don't do the challenges. If you wanted the Legion transmog appearances... should've gotten them then. They made it abundantly clear they were going to be removed and you had an entire raid tier past its release to get it.

I wouldn't really care if they added back in the mage tower to award artifact appearances. But they're not. And seeing as, like I said, they didn't have to add back the tower in any way, shape, or form, or make it reward anything, well... consider anything you do get a nice bonus.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Especially when Blizzard goes out of their way to nerf it several times with gear from Antorus (MT was tuned to normal Tomb of Sargeras gear IIRC) as well as the infinite Artifact talent and the end-of-expansion power surge to the artifacts leveling them up well into the 100s.
    Heroic Night Hold, it came out about 77-91 days before Tomb came out (Mage tower was released in 7.2, Tomb 7.2.5). Funny though when it was released the mage tower was considered the elitist content where only the super pros could do it. The community didn't like it until Antorus when even in LFR gear most of the classes and specs could knock over the challenge by just looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Heroic Night Hold, it came out about 77-91 days before Tomb came out (Mage tower was released in 7.2, Tomb 7.2.5). Funny though when it was released the mage tower was considered the elitist content where only the super pros could do it. The community didn't like it until Antorus when even in LFR gear most of the classes and specs could knock over the challenge by just looking at it.
    ah, the good old days when people would cry rivers of blood on these forums because they didn't get the legendaries that they thought they needed

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When asked why they didn't reuse the mage tower formula they responded "we don't have assets to use as rewards" and "we don't know what rewards are appropriate"

People got really mad and responded "who cares? People loved it, you should do it again"

So now they're adding it again, with, like they warned, rewards not everyone is gonna be ecstatic about.

And people are pissed?

I'm all for an antiblizzard circle jerk but Jesus christ people

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    ah, the good old days when people would cry rivers of blood on these forums because they didn't get the legendaries that they thought they needed
    funny enough I played marksman back then as a main, I didn't get the BIS combo for the spec until they basically brought out the currency to do so. I was still high purple/orange parsing for my spec. People that cry they need the correct leggo or what not are generally looking for a crutch to hold on while playing. Doing the right rotation and staying out of mechanics will always be 90% of what makes or breaks a kill. Not which orange or purple drop they didn't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    funny enough I played marksman back then as a main, I didn't get the BIS combo for the spec until they basically brought out the currency to do so. I was still high purple/orange parsing for my spec. People that cry they need the correct leggo or what not are generally looking for a crutch to hold on while playing. Doing the right rotation and staying out of mechanics will always be 90% of what makes or breaks a kill. Not which orange or purple drop they didn't get.
    i'm pretty sure I did mm with kj's wish and voodoo mask

I don't think the new sets will be attach to the MT, I think they'll be a TW badge thing.

If they do bring it back, I could see MT being a source of TW badges however.

But, I think they should just do standalone versions of the artifact skins with a new color for the TW version of MT.

It'd give people that already have the skin unlocked a new excuse to do it again, while still allowing them to keep their prestige with their OG colors.

And give other people that didn't get it in Legion for whatever reason a chance to get some of the best skins in the game.

Seems win/win to me.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-11 at 04:56 AM.

First of all, it's as of yet confirmed that the mage tower is even returning, but everything certainly points to that at the moment.

Second of all, the fact that Muffinus hinted that the datamined Tier20 recolours are linked to the mage tower doesn't mean that'll be the only reward.

It may just be an additional reward for those of us who already acquired every single MT appearance and would like some additional incentive to go back and do it again.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-09-11 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

So this is a thing. I have seen articles about it, so I am taking this as an advertisement and it is probably happening.

I mentioned a genuine suggestion. They don't have to dull down rewards. Just make recolours, or tamper with the appearance a bit. People act like this has never happened in this game. Legion Classhall sets were loosely based off MoP challenge armor sets. (It would've been nice to just have a recolour but whatever) Or multiple mounts ingame that were limited time and got recolour and released again. I think this is the easiest solution and least offensive. I wouldn't want them to put lackluster rewards for the challenges. Otherwise barely any incentive to go play it.

Some other players mention some new current expansion weapon mogs. Which overall is a great idea to me too. As it gives players that already got Legion challenge skins a chance to go acquire something else. I would've just imagined they would do that with Torghast but I guess not.