Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Suggestion: Perma-Ban Chicken Drummer

@Chicken Drummer

Even if this account isn't a spam bot account, the person behind it clearly is only spamming threads for the sake of data collecting.

Also, by the standards set by MMO-C, this account does not belong. 368 posts since 2019, and they are all quite literally just 368 low effort threads asking questions for the sake of collecting data. Not once has it ever replied to any of its 368 threads. Not once has it ever made a post more than 10 words in its OP. Not once has it ever made a post in any other thread ever on this website.

Now... before the usual "just block them" or "tfw you want somebody banned you don't like" replies start piling in, I invite you all to actually look at the responses these threads receive. In the name of constructive discussion, there really isn't any. 2 years of these kind of threads have given this account the reputation of being a bot account and the replies by people calling him/her/them out on it is all you see.

I too have been a apart of those replies. But I too have reported many of these threads.

I dunno... probably not that big of a deal. This website of course has posters who consistently ban evade and spam bait threads that cause more people to be banned than just the ban evaders... so perhaps Chicken Drummer isn't public enemy #1.

I suppose before the "don't reply to them if you don't want alleged data collection to happen" replies also come in... think of those who are not privy to this bot account. Who are genuinely replying and potentially putting their personal information/privacy on the line.

Think of the children.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-09-11 at 12:25 PM.

you can refer to the green part of my signature
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

I gave up reporting its threads, most of the time nothing seems to be done, so I can only guess it must be a MMOC bot, or has naked pics of the mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    I gave up reporting its threads, most of the time nothing seems to be done, so I can only guess it must be a MMOC bot, or has naked pics of the mods.

I really didn't want that image in my brain.

But yeah, you and I can't be the only ones reporting them though. At least, I can't imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    you can refer to the green part of my signature

Just a big lol at that

Their posts do look like the type of questions that someone doing social engineering might ask, they seem innocent enough but Im pretty sure that many secret questions would revolve around the type of answers given.

If this forum was Reddit I would say they were Karma whoring, thankfully this place isnt Reddit and doesnt run off an asinine points collection game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. The issue is, if the person were perma-banned for pointless threads, then we would have to look at a lot of other members too, no? The account's threads are just chatting threads generally in the right subforum, so I am guessing as a moderator, not much can be done unless they all (the mods) agree the account is doing something harmful for the forum. Though, as I can see, it has been banned/suspended for now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I really didn't want that image in my brain.

But yeah, you and I can't be the only ones reporting them though. At least, I can't imagine.
    You're not, and I've actually been told by mods to report them and not contribute to them, and I've been doing so. But it doesn't do a thing. It's banned now, but it will be back in a week or two, and nothing will have changed. It would be more helpful to go slam my hand in a car door twenty or thirty times than to try to report anything around here. Especially when I get infracted for logging in here and bot accounts like that one never get touched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well. The issue is, if the person were perma-banned for pointless threads, then we would have to look at a lot of other members too, no? The account's threads are just chatting threads generally in the right subforum, so I am guessing as a moderator, not much can be done unless they all (the mods) agree the account is doing something harmful for the forum. Though, as I can see, it has been banned/suspended for now.
    There's a difference between making threads which are just harmless fun, and making threads (that it never actually replies in) that are just a question about things like "what's a food you tried ten years ago and now love", or "what brand is the most comfortable pair of shoes you own", or "if you had to choose between peanut butter and dog food, what's your social security number, first street address, and mother's maiden name". The first type of thread is just people chatting. The second is obviously a social engineering bot, and when somebody ends up getting their identity stolen because of it, MMO-Champion will be on the hook for it because they allowed it.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. This actually scared me because I had replied to some of his threads where he has been asking slightly personal questions. Nowadays, even Facebook is freaking me out as it seems they are reading my emails or have access to the websites I am browsing. I miss the internet where we were anonymous. Now, I just don’t know what to think of this. Quite concerning.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-09-11 at 02:56 PM.

At this point, I think OP is chicken drummer. Their hate for them is pretty odd and focused. I'd say this thread has less merit than anything chicken drummer has posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Even if they banned him he could make a new account and continue to post his threads, it wouldn't hinder him at all. So what would be the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    At this point, I think OP is chicken drummer. Their hate for them is pretty odd and focused. I'd say this thread has less merit than anything chicken drummer has posted.
    Good thing we don't go by what you'd say. Also, you forgot the /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Even if they banned him he could make a new account and continue to post his threads, it wouldn't hinder him at all. So what would be the point?

I'd think it would be too obvious, especially if they stick to the same formula/style of thread posting.

I'd think it would be too obvious, especially if they stick to the same formula/style of thread posting.
    And? That just means banning the user won't help at all. You would have to shut down the threads as soon as they are created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And? That just means banning the user won't help at all. You would have to shut down the threads as soon as they are created.

I suppose you are correct in that, but since the tool of perma-banning exists and has been used in the past, the purpose of the thread was to not only draw attention to the account but also inquire why an account that is seemingly so obvious in its purpose hasn't even received that specific treatment yet.

Then again, all of this could be a big nothingburger, after all.

I suppose you are correct in that, but since the tool of perma-banning exists and has been used in the past, the purpose of the thread was to not only draw attention to the account but also inquire why an account that is seemingly so obvious in its purpose hasn't even received that specific treatment yet.
    Especially when other posters get infracted and banned far more frequently for far less offensive things.

In fact, the mere fact that the moderation team of this site haven't been in here already is pretty telling - they won't even take action in a thread about Chicken Drummer, let alone a thread started by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, I gave up on this forum a long time ago. Too many trolls and baiters go unpunished, and too many constructive discussions get shut down.
    Just not a very good forum anymore, in my opinion.

Ah well.
    Me as well. Sad - it used to be a great place to be. But not any more.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Have you ever been banned?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Chicken Drummer

Even if this account isn't a spam bot account, the person behind it clearly is only spamming threads for the sake of data collecting.

Also, by the standards set by MMO-C, this account does not belong. 368 posts since 2019, and they are all quite literally just 368 low effort threads asking questions for the sake of collecting data. Not once has it ever replied to any of its 368 threads. Not once has it ever made a post more than 10 words in its OP. Not once has it ever made a post in any other thread ever on this website.

Now... before the usual "just block them" or "tfw you want somebody banned you don't like" replies start piling in, I invite you all to actually look at the responses these threads receive. In the name of constructive discussion, there really isn't any. 2 years of these kind of threads have given this account the reputation of being a bot account and the replies by people calling him/her/them out on it is all you see.

I too have been a apart of those replies. But I too have reported many of these threads.

I dunno... probably not that big of a deal. This website of course has posters who consistently ban evade and spam bait threads that cause more people to be banned than just the ban evaders... so perhaps Chicken Drummer isn't public enemy #1.

I suppose before the "don't reply to them if you don't want alleged data collection to happen" replies also come in... think of those who are not privy to this bot account. Who are genuinely replying and potentially putting their personal information/privacy on the line.

Think of the children.

I have a better idea, stop being paranoids and do what you already suggested block their account and shut up. Seriously who fucking cares, if you are that concerned with Data collection you wouldn't even be on the internet, and nobody actually gives a fuck about you.

The worst you are bitching and crying about is someone is producing content YOU don't like, well get the fuck over it and grow up. There is nothing wrong with Chicken Drummers content, it's not hurting anyone and if you don't like it, there is a real solution DON'T FUCKING PARTICIPATE JFC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Their posts do look like the type of questions that someone doing social engineering might ask, they seem innocent enough but Im pretty sure that many secret questions would revolve around the type of answers given.

If this forum was Reddit I would say they were Karma whoring, thankfully this place isnt Reddit and doesnt run off an asinine points collection game.
    No it fucking does not, people seriously just inventing shit because they don't like someone's thread. Plenty of threads on here provide plenty of opportunity for folks if they mean to fish other peoples information most of it people do willingly.

Again if you don't like a post don't participate

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-09-11 at 07:09 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No it fucking does not, people seriously just inventing shit because they don't like someone's thread. Plenty of threads on here provide plenty of opportunity for folks if they mean to fish other peoples information most of it people do willingly.

Practice what you preach, you hate-filled hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, yes because GOD FUCKING FORBID anyone try to interject some participation, fun or entertainment purely for the sake of community, that doesn't revolve around arm chair experts here every god damn day arguing about shit as if this was fucking congress.

Seriously it isn't that fucking seriously plenty of people have tried to do the same thing as Chicken Drummer and certainly for more idiotic and destructive ways, but ohhh nooo OMG someone is asking a question that doesn't involve arguing like it means anything... ban him ban him!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Practice what you preach, you hate-filled hypocrite.
    For example? Because I know there is plenty of of receipts in your history for you to say shit to anyone.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

They won't permaban literal Incels/Accounts spreading Nazi ideology, so why would they permaban an account that might be spamming but doesn't really do harm in other ways?

Sooner or later it might, once Chicken Drummer has spammed enough threads, but I'm not surprised that it might not be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    ... That is some supremely bad reasoning.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-09-11 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I have a better idea, stop being paranoids and do what you already suggested block their account and shut up. Seriously who fucking cares, if you are that concerned with Data collection you wouldn't even be on the internet, and nobody actually gives a fuck about you.

The worst you are bitching and crying about is someone is producing content YOU don't like, well get the fuck over it and grow up. There is nothing wrong with Chicken Drummers content, it's not hurting anyone and if you don't like it, there is a real solution DON'T FUCKING PARTICIPATE JFC

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there, you seem angry, have you tried taking ten deep breaths while counting backwards from 15?

I hear it calms the soul giving you a chance to reconsider writing shit that makes you look stupid. or in your case and angry assclown who runs their mouth.

Dont bother replying to me, I wont see your reply, I dont listen to angry assclowns.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-09-11 at 07:10 PM.