Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Sorry for blog-like posts, I just actively try to make Korthia work for me. 6-7/7 and +10 item levels. Mobs are still too overtuned and I still die. Overall current game is much harder, than old one. Simple example: back in old times, if you interrupted mob's cast, you were perfectly ok and was doing everything right, but now mob starts to cast next spell immediately and you never know, which one is deadlier. And there are lots of such mobs and their spells. And player should always keep in mind, which one to interrupt. This is insane amount of data to learn just to play video game.

Current problem - there are quest mobs, that have too much health and deal too much damage. And due to claustrophobic design there are too many other mobs around them. It takes too long to kill quest mobs - other mobs have time to respawn and kill you. I need to switch to extra mobs, because they deal extra damage to me, but I start to miss "big" casts from main boss this way. It's actually dungeon level of difficulty and I don't think, that I can call it casual content.

And also. It's exactly crowds of mobs, constantly respawning and putting me to non-stop combat without any ability to take some rest from it for a moment, while I may not be ready for it, i.e. may not have my class resources available (such as mana to self-heal myself) - is exact reason, why flying is 100% MANDATORY REQUIREMENT for me to enjoy content. You know, f**ck broken claustrophobic design. This design is masochism and just can't serve as justification to remove flying.
    I don't even know where to begin... if you're having this much trouble killing mobs, or learning which spells you should interrupt if mobs have multiple spells... then as I and others have previously said many times, this game is probably not for you.

I also disagree with you when you say current retail is harder than the game used to be. In fact I think it's the opposite. Unless you're doing mythic raids, high m+ keys, and so on, the game is a lot more forgiving than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I don't even know where to begin... if you're having this much trouble killing mobs, or learning which spells you should interrupt if mobs have multiple spells... then as I and others have previously said many times, this game is probably not for you.

I also disagree with you when you say current retail is harder than the game used to be. In fact I think it's the opposite. Unless you're doing mythic raids, high m+ keys, and so on, the game is a lot more forgiving than it used to be.
    And again. There is ton of non-interruptable stuff (i.e interruptable by stuns only), that deals 30-50% HP dmg to me, as it was in Nazjatar. It's so funny to deal with two mobs, that have just 2 non-interruptable casts - one deals 30% HP damage and other 50% HP damage. So, yeah, it's this crap again, as back in BFA. Overtuned game - is core reason, why this game slowly dies. Guys, who do raids and M+ anyway don't need extra content, cuz they're already busy. But, as always, Blizzard develop, test and tune stuff for players, who copy fully geared characters from live servers - not for players, who joined this game recently or want to play on alt. This design narrows their target auditory more and more.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-09-11 at 09:55 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    And again. There is ton of non-interruptable stuff (i.e interruptable by stuns only), that deals 30-50% HP dmg to me, as it was in Nazjatar. So, yeah, it's this crap again, as back in BFA. Overtuned game - is core reason, why this game slowly dies. Guys, who do raids and M+ anyway don't need extra content, cuz they're already busy. But, as always, Blizzard develop, test and tune stuff for players, who copy fully geared characters from live servers - not for players, who joined this game recently or want to play on alt. This design narrows their target auditory more and more.
    I'm talking from a perspective of a player who doesn't raid, do m+ or pvp though. I'm probably a great example of the casual definition. I only play when I feel like it, and only do the things I feel like doing, be it Korthia dailies, world bosses, Torghast, levelling an alt or going on a transmog/mount farming expedition. The highest ilvl of all my chars is 217, which trust me is not at all high and can easily be achieved. I'm not a skilled player, however I have "done my homework" on the basics of the classes I play, which spells to use and when.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the game has never been as casual friendly as it is to this day, imo. Again, if you're having this much trouble with the basics of the game, either do some homework and try to figure out what you are doing wrong, or simply play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'm talking from a perspective of a player who doesn't raid, do m+ or pvp though. I'm probably a great example of the casual definition. I only play when I feel like it, and only do the things I feel like doing, be it Korthia dailies, world bosses, Torghast, levelling an alt or going on a transmog/mount farming expedition. The highest ilvl of all my chars is 217, which trust me is not at all high and can easily be achieved. I'm not a skilled player, however I have "done my homework" on the basics of the classes I play, which spells to use and when.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the game has never been as casual friendly as it is to this day, imo. Again, if you're having this much trouble with the basics of the game, either do some homework and try to figure out what you are doing wrong, or simply play something else.
    There were periods of time, when game WAS casual friendly. WotLK for example, where every player was assumed to jump into PUG raiding immediately and therefore no gates were put on his way to this goal. And all of a sudden game had 12M subs back then. Nobody was complaining that 1-2 quarters in 10s were too easy to be puggable by players, who didn't even knew how to play this game (I was such player). Or WOD for example. Yeah, WOD died. But due to other reasons, than being way too casual friendly. It was experiment and it was abandoned.

I don't want to continue discussion towards this direction, because it boils down to "Who is majority?" fallacy argument. I talk for myself. If Blizzard want me to play Wow (or other new Warcraft universe game) - they should stop this Online E-Sport competitive crap and make this game more casual-friendly.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-09-11 at 10:19 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

And again. There is ton of non-interruptable stuff (i.e interruptable by stuns only), that deals 30-50% HP dmg to me, as it was in Nazjatar. It's so funny to deal with two mobs, that have just 2 non-interruptable casts - one deals 30% HP damage and other 50% HP damage. So, yeah, it's this crap again, as back in BFA. Overtuned game - is core reason, why this game slowly dies. Guys, who do raids and M+ anyway don't need extra content, cuz they're already busy. But, as always, Blizzard develop, test and tune stuff for players, who copy fully geared characters from live servers - not for players, who joined this game recently or want to play on alt. This design narrows their target auditory more and more.
    No offense bro ...but I find it hard to believe that someone who puts forth THIS MUCH EFFORT to prove the game isn't casual friendly to you can't figure out which cast to interrupt. Like you can figure out all these little essays on "Why the game isn't casual friendly' or "Look at this graph to show why this game is too hard" but you cant do a simple trial and error of "Oh gee this one hurts worse than the other maybe I should interrupt THAT ONE"

gonna call bullshit on a lot of your blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Has it occurred to you that maybe WoW just isn’t the game for you? Like, I’ve read your list of terrible ideas for making WoW a rubbish game. Sometimes it isn’t the game that’s the problem, it’s us wanting WoW to be something it’s not.
    Lots of people have decided WoW isn't the game for them. The great majority of people who have ever played WoW have decided this.

It's weird that you might think that those making and selling WoW are happy about this. Perhaps your concern is not that he's saying these things, but that Blizzard might finally listen?
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-09-11 at 11:05 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    What it comes down to is that @WowIsDead64 wants a box in the mail that contains all the stuff that would normally require grinding, have heroic dungeons & lfr drop mythic raid level gear and it's items - guaranteed on the first run, have a button to teleport around the map to the instances and fly everywhere possible.

Anything that could have the word 'effort' in it should be abolished and removed from the game, it should be available all within one reset and on the first attempt without even the possibility of dying. Pretty much the "I pay the same amount of subscription costs as hardcore players and thus should be rewarded with everything they have" stretch.

And the world content is hard? Every class has a toolkit to cc, slow, mitigate or whatever. Getting reckt by two mobs in the open world and complain about it? Boy, spend some time in the spellbook and learn what your class can and cannot do. If you're not able to kill two mobs, it's not the fault of the game but your inability of understanding how your class and your game works. Even somebody in full healer spec/gear is able to take on multiple mobs at once if he's just at least somewhat able to understand basic principles of his class. It's not rocket science, it's reading and understanding the material. WoW is a reactive game. Press the buttons on your bars at the required time = success.

That's pretty much the general gist of topics you are making and it's rather annoying, and I shouldn't really respond to it but man this guy has a weird view on what's 'best' for the game. And worst of all, instead of just moving on he keeps pumping out threads and replies as if his dear life is depending on it.

9.1.5 is trivializing so so much (in a very good and welcome way!), but it's still not enough for his view on 'casual'.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2021-09-11 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    9.1.5 is trivializing so so much (in a very good and welcome way!), but it's still not enough for his view on 'casual'.
    9.1.5 is rearranging the deck chairs on the WoWtanic.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Maybe. I'll agree that its a desperate move to stop or slow down the sinking of the ship, but as with the last two xpacs they really went overboard with timegating, systems and grinds - much to the despise of parts of the playerbase. I welcome these changes a lot, and it does make the game a lot easier to play without changing anything about it's 'difficulty'.

You know, if you say the same fucking thing enough times it might eventually come true. Unfortunately in your case, you've been saying this for the last four expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You know, if you say the same fucking thing enough times it might eventually come true. Unfortunately in your case, you've been saying this for the last four expansions.
    This is a lie. Please don't lie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Me as a casual player: I go get 220 items from korthia, 226 from timewalking cache and 239 from shadowlands dungeon event and also do the weekly world boss which gives me around 230ish ilvl which is plenty to run normal SoD if i ever feel like or doing m+ keys between 8-12 with ease.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...encrest/uvania <-- this is how far ive gotten in progress since i started playing 9.1 in mid august after getting tired of not being able to raid on TBC Classic since i work odd hours and usually arent home when other players organizes raids.

in patch 9.0 i managed to gear up 3x alts only running casual content aswell that were "ready to raid" normal CN if i just would have been arsed to run choreghast for a legendary on them.. but all i did was emissary cache to upgrade campaign set with anima and world bosses almost every week.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ncrest/jaleina
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ncrest/celeina
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...encrest/kelysa

In PvP u can do bgs and cap valor with ease each week as a "casual" player even if you dont reach those higher ratings which is fine as an casual player.

What more can you ask from the game? it has never been easier to be an casual player then it is today with so many sources of acquiring gear.
    Last edited by Uvania; 2021-09-11 at 03:16 PM.

This is a lie. Please don't lie.
    Is it? You've been actively talking about how bad it is that Blizzard "ignores casuals" since at least WoD days. You seem more certain now than ever that WoW is finally dying (y'know, cuz they ignored casuals) but let's not pretend that you haven't had an incredibly cynical view of the game for quite a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe we came full circle, to somebody who doesn't want partake in content that they see as too hard or time consuming, and subsequently not receive the gear/loot from that, then complain they can't kill NPC's of the current patch because they aren't strong/powerful enough.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I can't believe we came full circle, to somebody who doesn't want partake in content that they see as too hard or time consuming, and subsequently not receive the gear/loot from that, then complain they can't kill NPC's of the current patch because they aren't strong/powerful enough.
    its actually crazy cus like... they basically beg you to take gear now with the way kortha/codex operates.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is comedy gold. Imagine regularly dying on Korthia mobs

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    This. A baby does not care about you doing group content. If it needs something, it has to be addressed right away. So some people like myself just cannot do organised content anymore with some exceptions, and these exceptions are not on a high difficulty level.
    i have 2 kids and a GF, somehow i can manage to raid in a wr 50 range and take 2 weeks off ones year and have a happy family live and you tell me you dont have a GF/Wife/Uncle/Gradpa who can look over your kid for 2hrs ones a week? thats sad
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Is it? You've been actively talking about how bad it is that Blizzard "ignores casuals" since at least WoD days. You seem more certain now than ever that WoW is finally dying (y'know, cuz they ignored casuals) but let's not pretend that you haven't had an incredibly cynical view of the game for quite a long time.
    I've been talking about the imperfections and mistakes of WoW for a while. But I enjoyed Legion and mostly enjoyed BfA, despite that. I did not in either case say (metaphorically) that WoW had struck the iceberg. Your assertion I had be saying this before is dishonest in the extreme.

But let's discuss warning about ignoring casuals. If I had been giving warnings about that for a while, why is that wrong of me? If anything, SL shows what happens when the casuals are pushed too far. They leave. If anything, SL is confirming my warnings. But perhaps that's what's getting your goat here -- that events are trending towards proving me right.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-09-11 at 04:50 PM.

I've been talking about the imperfections and mistakes of WoW for a while. But I enjoyed Legion and mostly enjoyed BfA, despite that. I did not in either case say (metaphorically) that WoW had struck the iceberg. Your assertion I had be saying this before is dishonest in the extreme.

But let's discuss warning about ignoring casuals. If I had been giving warnings about that for a while, why is that wrong of me? If anything, SL shows what happens when the casuals are pushed too far. They leave. If anything, SL is confirming my warnings. But perhaps that's what's getting your goat here -- that events are trending towards proving me right.
    You have no idea what casuals want out of the game, I don't know why you like to pretend you're their advocate. Blizzard knows, but that's because they have actionable data that people on forums will never have. All you have is this awful fucking echo chamber of a forum that's filled to the brim with people who want nothing more than to validate their super unique opinion about the game dying. I don't think providing people that validation so you can continue your crusade against any content that reminds players that better players exist is particularly helpful but hey. I guess you can do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    Me as a casual player: I go get 220 items from korthia, 226 from timewalking cache and 239 from shadowlands dungeon event and also do the weekly world boss which gives me around 230ish ilvl which is plenty to run normal SoD if i ever feel like or doing m+ keys between 8-12 with ease.
    Cause you are actually trying to play the game and you are hindered from lack of familiars to progress together and faster, but you are ACTUALLY trying, therefor you can see how in 20 days you progressed a bit , and close to 230, which is enough to melt Korthia with and eventually push to 235 eventually, since you dont have a faster way.

Whiners on here, and on other platforms, cant accept that if they havent subbed for 6 months and are 200 item level when they were supposed to be 226+ by the end of the previous patch, the moment they log on, they shoudnt do any sort of content or progression, and the active players must accept them into every content, without any qualifications because they paid 13e.

They are also deluded by videos and streamers, newsflash, those dudes have people that they play with, thats why it looks so easy, and they are also similarly/highly skilled, most of the players arent, people arent equal in-game.

Thats why no one , including Blizzard takes most of the whiners seriously, they have the data of the players, they can see when players are full of shit.

Last time Blizzard responded to such a "casual returner, too much life to play WoW", the CM literally exposed him that he was full of shit since he hasnt done anything and yet he was still complaining, and all hell broke loose.

There is no winning, thats why its better to just ignore them, and now and then when things get too low intellectually, poke some fun about it.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-09-11 at 05:14 PM.