Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You... you actually believe this. My dear sweet summer child.

I'm sorry. I wish I could have the same innocent world view you do.
    Yeaaah, I was sort of (unwittingly) in the boosting circle before the token came along. If the token was removed now, all it would do would be to bring all the power back to the illicit gold market, and increase RMT boosting.

Same as with prohibition. Removing the good doesn't just magically kill the demand. All it manages to do is give more power to the shady parts of society, in this case a crowd that couldn't care less if they or their customers lose a WoW account.

Anyone thinking the removal would solve the problem is naive or ignorant. Probably a bit of both.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-09-11 at 04:29 PM.

You... you actually believe this.

I'm sorry, there isn't anything to debate with somebody who thinks like this. Nothing I say will change your mind. I wish I could have the same innocent world view you do.
    It isn't innocent its just knowing people are lazy and cowardly for the most part. Maybe at best 1 in 10 of current token buyers would buy from rmt. Most wouldn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    It isn't innocent its just knowing people are lazy and cowardly for the most part. Maybe at best 1 in 10 of current token buyers would buy from rmt. Most wouldn't bother.
    You are 100% unqualified to make either of those assumptions.

You are 100% unqualified to make either of those assumptions.
    Why? Give me a reason why as someone who has sold raids rewards since tbc I am not qualified to tell you how the population of people buying boosts has changed... hell heroic boosting barely existed before SoO for the wolf mount.

The problem is you are directly challenging someone who has seen this all play out from the supply side. Even CM sales never got anywhere close to what we have now and sold for a remarkably low amount compared to mythic 15+ (accounting for inflation) despite being more difficult. Simply because the game lacked enough buyers to get a good price.

Why? Give me a reason why as someone who has sold raids rewards since tbc I am not qualified to tell you how the population of people buying boosts has changed... hell heroic boosting barely existed before SoO for the wolf mount.

The problem is you are directly challenging someone who has seen this all play out from the supply side. Even CM sales never got anywhere close to what we have now and sold for a remarkably low amount compared to mythic 15+ (accounting for inflation) despite being more difficult. Simply because the game lacked enough buyers to get a good price.
    what server?
    that matters way more than you think because boosting has been a thing on illidan since pretty much forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    what server?
    that matters way more than you think because boosting has been a thing on illidan since pretty much forever.
    Stormrage then area-52 end of mop

what server?
    Here's a fun fact about Illidan:

There were so many Chinese gold selling players on this server that it has become the unofficial Chinese-language server for the NA region. As a result, there are multiple Chinese raiding guilds on this server.

edit: Weird, huh?
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-09-11 at 05:08 PM.

Stormrage then area-52 end of mop
    People been selling war bears since tbc, pretty much anything you could buy, you could buy on illidan and it was neverending. I know stormrage was pretty big but, again, boosting people for gold and buying/selling gold has always been a thing. Maybe not from susanexpress, but I do know a bunch of people who farmed raw gold/played the AH and sold.

Many of my friends bought and never got anything done to them. You lived a very sheltered wow existence lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a fun fact about Illidan:

There were so many Chinese gold selling players on this server that it has become the unofficial Chinese-language server for the NA region. As a result, there are multiple Chinese raiding guilds on this server.
    they are still here actually, just less obvious. I had a couple chinese friends that i would communicate with via emotes rofl. SHouldve added them on real id but, alas

People been selling war bears since tbc, pretty much anything you could buy, you could buy on illidan and it was neverending. I know stormrage was pretty big but, again, boosting people for gold and buying/selling gold has always been a thing. Maybe not from susanexpress, but I do know a bunch of people who farmed raw gold/played the AH and sold.

Many of my friends bought and never got anything done to them. You lived a very sheltered wow existence lmao

- - - Updated - - -

they are still here actually, just less obvious. I had a couple chinese friends that i would communicate with via emotes rofl. SHouldve added them on real id but, alas
    I am not arguing it was never a thing. I am saying it exploded with the wow token. The price to get full cm on both stormrage and area 52 was roughly 30-50k. Accounting for inflation and being generous that would be akin to buying the death elemental mount for 150-200k.

The amount of buyers massively increased from being a fairly small thing to a massive market. Without the wow token a ton of that would disappear almost overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

I left Illy at the end of MoP. Back then it was the highest pop NA server but I'm pretty sure that's A52 now. (That's where I have my toons currently.) But yeah, I always thought it was pretty hilarious that the Chinese farmers presumably got so bored farming gold that they started raiding guilds instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not arguing it was never a thing. I am saying it exploded with the wow token. The price to get full cm on both stormrage and area 52 was roughly 30-50k. Accounting for inflation and being generous that would be akin to buying the death elemental mount for 150-200k.

The amount of buyers massively increased from being a fairly small thing to a massive market. Without the wow token a ton of that would disappear almost overnight.
    "Accounting for inflation,"

Yeah, "inflation" as defined by whatever conversion rate fits your narrow argument.

I left Illy at the end of MoP. Back then it was the highest pop NA server but I'm pretty sure that's A52 now. (That's where I have my toons currently.) But yeah, I always thought it was pretty hilarious that the Chinese farmers presumably got so bored farming gold that they started raiding guilds instead.

- - - Updated - - -

"Accounting for inflation,"

Yeah, "inflation" as defined by whatever conversion rate fits your narrow argument.
    You know it is alright to admit you have no idea what your talking about. At this point it isn't going to hurt anyone's opinion of you.

You know it is alright to admit you have no idea what your talking about. At this point it isn't going to hurt anyone's opinion of you.
    "How dare you disagree with imaginary numbers which support my completely improvable hypothesis!"

Yep. I'm the one who doesn't know what they're talking about.

"How dare you disagree with imaginary numbers which support my completely improvable hypothesis!"

Yep. I'm the one who doesn't know what they're talking about.
    Agreed
    /10chars

Agreed
    /10chars
    Nice self-own.

Anyway, I'm done here. Have a nice day my dude.

Nice self-own.

Anyway, I'm done here. Have a nice day my dude.
    I also agree with this post.

yeah no it wouldn't

The only thing that caused inflation was garrison gold, which we had for 2 expansions and people are still sitting on several gold caps from.

yeah no it wouldn't

The only thing that caused inflation was garrison gold, which we had for 2 expansions and people are still sitting on several gold caps from.
    Isn't the same thing though I get how you can conflate the two. WoD was the first expansion where utterly clueless players could amass a lot of gold easily. The problem with this line of thought is it isn't infinite. Those reserves have been burnt through its been years.

Your average player isn't making enough gold to afford a single mythic 15 carry a month. Hell the influx of buyers on pay day alone points to this. The idea that the wow token hasn't driven this market just feels absurd to deny.

Isn't the same thing though I get how you can conflate the two. WoD was the first expansion where utterly clueless players could amass a lot of gold easily. The problem with this line of thought is it isn't infinite. Those reserves have been burnt through its been years.

Your average player isn't making enough gold to afford a single mythic 15 carry a month. Hell the influx of buyers on pay day alone points to this. The idea that the wow token hasn't driven this market just feels absurd to deny.
    you're delusional if you think people have burnt through their garrison gold.

You make about 200k doing absolutely nothing but playing. My raw gold hasn't changed in years; since BFA launch where I spent a good 3 or so million at launch for mounts. Tokens are <200k.

Now thinking about it, i probably make over 200k with minimum AH work cus, a r6 legendary is 20-40k right now and I've bought about 5 of them in the past couple months.
    Korthite has crashed but unless you're a crafter, korthite is useless, so i just throw it up on the new (vastly improved for casual selling) AH and get whatever.

wow has been completely free for me for several years, and granted I don't pay for carries, I do pay for early expansion mounts so
    Last edited by Kehego; 2021-09-11 at 05:56 PM.

you're delusional if you think people have burnt through their garrison gold.

You make about 200k doing absolutely nothing but playing. My raw gold hasn't changed in years; since BFA launch where I spent a good 3 or so million at launch for mounts. Tokens are <200k.

Now thinking about it, i probably make over 200k with minimum AH work cus, a r6 legendary is 20-40k right now and I've bought about 5 of them in the past couple months.
    Korthite has crashed but unless you're a crafter, korthite is useless, so i just throw it up on the new (vastly improved for casual selling) AH and get whatever.

wow has been completely free for me for several years, and granted I don't pay for carries, I do pay for early expansion mounts so
    I don't think the average player did nothing for... 3 years but buy a leggo in sl. Call that naïve if you must.

I don't think the average player did nothing for... 3 years but buy a leggo in sl. Call that naïve if you must.
    how much do you think people had from garrisons? lmao
    unless you're buying absolutely stupid things, there's no way to spend millions of gold.

Like... if you're an average player, you'd have more sense than to buy a 3 million gold BoE the first week of nyalotha cus it had r3 echoing void.
    And, outside of legendaries in SL, there hasn't been anything that you've been remotely required to purchase since... i actually have no idea cus there has never been a mandatory purchase in WoW.

Like, y'all people don't know shit and talk mad loud, lol. Outside world first min/maxy things and cosmetics, the cost of upkeep (sub+consumables) is VERY easily covered by just playing the game. Vendoring greys, doing emissaries, doing world content/m+ whatever.