Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    From what I recall though I imagine it comes down to how stable your group is.. I did them years ago with a group of mythic wow raiders during a long end of wod patch. It is quite possible my perception is skewed from that.
    I think the first Ultimate was added late 2017. You sure you don't mean Extreme Trials?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think the first Ultimate was added late 2017. You sure you don't mean Extreme Trials?
    I am pretty sure it was ultimate... 8 man fight with stormblood bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    How is this in anyway related to casual vs elitist?
    Because people equate casual with bad players. Casual has been an insult in this game since its inception for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no ultimate from Stormblood. You're probably thinking Savage trial which aren't very hard generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Why is that a good thing, though?

You can make that argument for basically any mount, skin, toy or pet, in any of the expansions we've had so far. And doing old content for them is something a lot of people like to do. It's something that keeps people playing, without actually having to do shit, but to keep old content and it's rewards, obtainable.

Or is this one of those "my precioussss!" things? Because fuck that.
    Exclusivity is good, yes. Not everyone should have everything and if you missed it during legion, that's on you.
    Nobody is complaining about e.g. legion elite sets not being available anymore by the way.

I also missed the guardian druid form, but what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Because people equate casual with bad players. Casual has been an insult in this game since its inception for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no ultimate from Stormblood. You're probably thinking Savage trial which aren't very hard generally.
    I might be... I am sure they were ultimate though... is there a ff14 armory?

I might be... I am sure they were ultimate though... is there a ff14 armory?
    Nothing like WoW has. The only ultimates that exist in the game at present are from the base version of the game. They're introducing the first one from the first expansion sometime next year. We're probably years away from Ultimate Shinryu or whatever they pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Exclusivity is good, yes. Not everyone should have everything and if you missed it during legion, that's on you.
    Nobody is complaining about e.g. legion elite sets not being available anymore by the way.

I also missed the guardian druid form, but what ever.
    No, it's not a good thing. And I'm aware of that, as well as many other instances of items not being available anymore. I'm focusing on Mage Tower, because that's what the thread is about. It literally takes content away for no reason, and gives nothing in return, but to make someone feel superior for having something that's "valuable", and yet, most likely don't even wear themselves. There's no spin that makes it good. All it does, is burn people out, for making arbitrary points in game, where you have to get it, or you'll never will.

Personally, I don't even care about any of the Mage Tower items. Hell, I don't even play anymore (stopped during the first raid of BfA). But that's not even relevant. Shit design is shit design, and I'm going to call that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Nothing like WoW has. The only ultimates that exist in the game at present are from the base version of the game. They're introducing the first one from the first expansion sometime next year. We're probably years away from Ultimate Shinryu or whatever they pick.
    I very well could be wrong then.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    So aparently they are bringing back mage tower but not artifact skins only some random recolours of raid gear

this proves they learned nothing and 9.1.5 is another casual-hate patch .

there is no hope for those devs they only cater to toxic elitest not to casual players
    Artifact skins were exclusive to good players who did the tower in Legion, giving them to randoms now will be a slap in the face. It's not anyone's issue that you're a casual care bear underachiever. Begone.

This thread was clearly designed to summon elitist gatekeepers and it worked without fair. Cause adding another acitvity that casual players will never complete it totally great for the health of the game right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This thread was clearly designed to summon elitist gatekeepers and it worked without fair. Cause adding another acitvity that casual players will never complete it totally great for the health of the game right?
    ok wowisdead64

Ultimates are 8 man fights, yeah, but they're an amalgamation of multiple fights in one. For example Ultima Weapon Ultimate has you fighting Garuda, then Ifrit, then Titan and then finally the Ultima Weapon, who does a bunch of shit then summons the aforementioned Primals to beat your face in.

Similarly, TEA is Living Liquid, followed by Brute Justice and Cruise Chaser simultaneously, followed by Alexander Prime who summons Brute Justice and Cruise Chaser and then finally uses parts of both Brute Justice and Cruise Chaser to transform into Perfect Alexander.

All of this is in a single fight that lasts around 18 to 20 minutes where your item level is scaled down and has a bunch of mechanics and dances to throw in your face alongside a hard enrage timer.

100 percent of the player base needs new stuff, you're going to get considerably less engagement by bringing back old stuff.
    That's pretty much been my sentiments, since I started seeing mage tower threads. Still some are adamant about talking about mage tower appearances. So I been discussing the repercussions of doing this. As it was limited time items. Also how people can experience the older content without offending other individuals. As some are more hostile about this idea than others. Discussing a potential work around, (slight tweaks in the rewards) or compromise for people to experience the old challenges.

Yes, you are correct if it was new amazing looking mogs. It would appeal to ALL players.
    (New challenges in general and content would be even better)

Not entirely true. The Epic of Alexander is from Heavensward. The next Ultimate is King Thordan, iirc. (Also Heavensward)

So far

UWU (Ultima Weapon Ultimate) - A Realm Reborn

UCOB (Unending Coil of Bahamut) - A Realm Reborn

TEA (The Epic of Alexander) - Heavensward

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why discuss about something when you just can insult people with opposite views and move on.

Not to mention this post doesn't even have sense. Only skill based time limited items are PVP ones. For PVE Blizzard never remove items that ore not in reach of solo casual player. Stuff like this are always token of "I was there", not "I'm so great look at me".

Not entirely true. The Epic of Alexander is from Heavensward. The next Ultimate is King Thordan, iirc. (Also Heavensward)

So far

UWU (Ultima Weapon Ultimate) - A Realm Reborn

UCOB (Unending Coil of Bahamut) - A Realm Reborn

TEA (The Epic of Alexander) - Heavensward
    You're right, that slipped my mind completely for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sure, why discuss about something when you just can insult people with opposite views and move on.

Not to mention this post doesn't even have sense. Only skill based time limited items are PVP ones. For PVE Blizzard never remove items that ore not in reach of solo casual player. Stuff like this are always token of "I was there", not "I'm so great look at me".
    The Mage Tower was absolutely something casuals didn't really accomplish. Bringing it back would be nothing more than Blizzard further feeding into the high end raiders of the game and leaving casuals with another activity they're not going to participate in.

You're right, that slipped my mind completely for whatever reason.
    No problem. It took me a moment to go "Hey, wait a second," as well.

After King Thordan I assume they'll move on to Stormblood.

- - - Updated - - -

The Mage Tower was absolutely something casuals didn't really accomplish. Bringing it back would be nothing more than Blizzard further feeding into the high end raiders of the game and leaving casuals with another activity they're not going to participate in.
    Mage Tower was piss easy at the end of Legion tho. Which is why there is not a single ounce of prestige involved in it, and "I was playing back then," isn't a point of prestige.

I get your apprehension. Those seem like hefty nerfs, and I definitely wasn't speaking with those stats in mind, merely the hypothetical situation where they bring the challenges back but with scaling so it can't be overgeared like it was in Legion.

It's funny because while you think that spells disaster that you want to avoid, I would consider it great, because yeah, why not bring all that back, and the rewards with them? Imagine if people joining today could see somebody with challenge mode gear, and they ask "Wow, that's cool, how do you get that?" and instead of telling them "Make a time machine lol," you could tell them "Oh yeah, you level to 60, find a group of players and go to Pandaria and there you can queue for timed, challenging dungeons and if you score high enough, you can get this set, too."
    Its not like I am fundamentally against it content wise, but I am at the idea of people who were subbing at the time, invested time in it yadda yadda yadda, should have something to show for it. I rather them make new rewards for it then.

And for blizzards sake, I dont think they should use time to get all these things back. Lets leave the past as it is, and make new things, like Mage Tower with new rewards instead of recycle old content in a direct sense.

But, its not the end of the world if people get the chance to earn those rewards again. Its just my stance on it. I understand what you mean, and if it happens, then joy for those who didnt get those skins. Maybe I do it on some specs I didnt do it on back then.

In the meantime, I'll ride my Amani War Bear wearing my Hand of A'dal title with great pride until they make classic rewards transferable to retail

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Point the first: this seems true but is definitely not confirmed

Point the second: huh? The mage Tower IS casual content, it gives casuals a reason to gear up, I can state this definitely since I'm a casual and I have all 36 appearances from Legion Mage Tower

Point the third: is seems very likely that if this is a thing, you'll only need to beat it on one spec per class right?

Point the fourth: they should add a damn FoS and title for 36/36 in legion.
    Lol, as another one who has all the appearances, that is not within any definition of casual. Getting that shit done on all specs required dedication and time usage far beyond what I would consider OK today.