Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Calling the capital of the Eredar homeworld "Eredath" is as creatively devoid as calling the capital of Earth "humansville". Christ
    Oh man this guy has such a reasonable and totally not critical of the cancelling of a sexual predactor why do you ask let's just be reasonable guys there is still a chance we can change it back to Mac'Aree because I am mean the alternative is just so lame right guys?

Calling the capital of the Eredar homeworld "Eredath" is as creatively devoid as calling the capital of Earth "humansville". Christ
    No,I feel it would be more equivalent of calling the capital of earth something like "Earth-city" or "Earthsville", and I know of an Earth-city less than 20 miles from where I live.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2021-09-11 at 03:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by mava View Post
    Oh man this guy has such a reasonable and totally not critical of the cancelling of a sexual predactor why do you ask let's just be reasonable guys there is still a chance we can change it back to Mac'Aree because I am mean the alternative is just so lame right guys?
    Barely anyone knew about the zone name being a homage to mcree.. It's a really wierd thing to change and its actually so devoid of thought naming it EREDATH. If they really had to change they could at least try to make it more unique to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    So in your opinion you can be just racist for X amount of time and after that you are fine?
    I am and always will be against ANY type of racism and people should never forget and remind Blizzard double standards to others.

???
    Should the punishment for all crimes be life in prison/death sentence? Because apparently people can't change over time and we need to judge people harshly for things done a decade or more ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Should the punishment for all crimes be life in prison/death sentence?
    Uh... what?
    Where did i say she should be sentenced by prison/death?...

Because apparently people can't change over time
    How about she apologise by simple 'sorry for all racist stuff' and will never do that again?
    Personally i would be fine with that but no... she did totally otherwise because she knows that in current world Blizzard won't do shit with that behaviour.

and we need to judge people harshly for things done a decade or more ago.
    Yes... for example let's forget all war crimes from WWII because 'soon' it will be 1 century since that... because you know... alot of time passed... so who cares?...
    Nice idea...

Kinda like New York City, New York.

Or Kansas City, Kansas.

Or...............

That is your complaint? "Creativity" in a name? Come the fck on...

In the northern area of Australia, called the "Northern Territory," we have a city called Townsville.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenembers View Post
    You're joking right? Do you not know how each of those are pronounced? Further even if it was named something even less recognizable, if it was known it was named after this group of guys, it'll get a name change, justly so. Just because you don't think sexual assault is a big deal doesn't mean everyone agrees with you. No matter what measures they take, you're going to have people like you thinking its too far, and others thinking its still not enough. Don't throw a fit, just let the company do what it's going to do. If you're unhappy with the choices they make, show them. Stop giving them your money. I wouldn't mind less players like you.
    LOL nice strawman. SHow me where he said sexual assault wasn't a big deal? He didn't. He was must saying the gnames they are replacing are nowhere close to the name of the person who left the company. But it is nice to see that Blizzard still has players who still blindly white knight them. They are all Blizzard has left.

Quote Originally Posted by mava View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Uh... what?
    Where did i say she should be sentenced by prison/death?...

How about she apologise by simple 'sorry for all racist stuff' and will never do that again?
    Personally i would be fine with that but no... she did totally otherwise because she knows that in current world Blizzard won't do shit with that behaviour.

Yes... for example let's forget all war crimes from WWII because 'soon' it will be 1 century since that... because you know... alot of time passed... so who cares?...
    Nice idea...
    The stance you were taking seemed to be that past mistakes can never be made up. Essentially an argument that any injustice should have an infinitely long statute of limitations. Apparently your stance is instead that people need to be conscious of everything they have previously written/done and must atone for the "crimes" of their past. The real question here, is why you feel like you personally have the moral authority to publicly verify or condemn someone else's views. To put it bluntly, why do you personally deserve or require an apology from this person? It's just a surprisingly religious fundamentalist style take on things.
    It's perfectly fine to have ambiguity on war crimes done ~80 years ago, almost no one from that time period is still living. I don't understand people who somehow form a rabid hatred of a figure from the past. The funny thing is it doesn't even have to be a past figure, there are people who have a rabid hatred of Voldemort. This is why our legal system is built on proof of damages and not thought crimes. You just lend credence to my belief that a general humanity should probably not have untethered access to the knowledge base of the internet until able to prove sufficient levels of literacy. Literacy meaning the ability to read into, compare, and view text from angles that are not your own, rather than just the ability to read text.
    To put it incredibly bluntly, I'm saying that if you can't read about Hitler's actions during ww2 and get a picture of what it was like to be him (what he was thinking or how he felt emotionally), you have no business making any judgements on that history at all. If you lack the emotional capability to put yourself in the place of your opposition after respectfully listening to their account, then you are not mature enough to make rulings on their actions taken.

The stance you were taking seemed to be that past mistakes can never be made up. Essentially an argument that any injustice should have an infinitely long statute of limitations. Apparently your stance is instead that people need to be conscious of everything they have previously written/done and must atone for the "crimes" of their past. The real question here, is why you feel like you personally have the moral authority to publicly verify or condemn someone else's views. To put it bluntly, why do you personally deserve or require an apology from this person? It's just a surprisingly religious fundamentalist style take on things.
    She never said simple 'sorry' so she does not seem feel guilty.
    End of story.

It's perfectly fine to have ambiguity on war crimes done ~80 years ago, almost no one from that time period is still living....
    Ok... hold up right here...
    I am form the country which was destroyed and suffered the most of them all at that time.
    I still got my grandmother who was born in 1933 and there are still many brave people around me who fought for their freedom and better future.
    You saying this just show how clueless you are in your bubble of ignorance... Holy shit...
    Won't even comment rest of the post after that part since it is pointless now.