Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    What China does is China's business. Not our place to tell them what to do or how to do it.

Personally, I feel like the West could learn a few things from China.

PS: Don't bother trying to provoke a reaction or further discussion on the subject, as having different ideas is considered trolling on these forums.
    Turns out you can have opinions on what other countries do while supporting they keep independence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I dunno maybe it’s the fact that my family came to the US to get away from the CCP and idiots like you think American values are inferior because you’ve bought into the racist hogwash being spewed from the progressives. Fuck off.
    Then why are you parroting the racist ccp?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Right, its the progressives that are racist, not a bunch of southern rednecks that would want nothing more than make lynching of black people legal.
    Again, he’s mad that he’s has to acknowledge that the default isn’t white male, and it’s scaring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The K-Pop stans have become too powerful...soon they shall rule the world.
    Maybe not for long.

A group of K-pop fans in China have become the latest victims of a crackdown on celebrity culture.

Twenty-two fan accounts have been suspended by Chinese social media site Sina Weibo for what it called "irrational star-chasing behaviour".

They include fans of Korean pop band BTS who crowdfunded on the platform to customise an aeroplane for singer Park Ji-Min's 26th birthday.

Weibo accused one fan account of "illegal fundraising" for the stunt.

In a statement, the company said it "firmly opposes such irrational star-chasing behaviour and will deal with it seriously".

It also pledged to "purify" online discussions and "regulate community order" on its platform.

The BTS account was suspended from posting for 60 days. Other accounts supporting K-pop acts Blackpink, GOT7 and EXO - who have Chinese members - were given 30-day bans.

I find that phrase "purifying online discussions" quite chilling. The Chinese regime is monstrous.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I find that phrase "purifying online discussions" quite chilling. The Chinese regime is monstrous.
    Just wait until you find out China has committed genocide against ethnic groups!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Seems the divide is more about "who you are bigoted against".
    Notice no one on this board called out the white woman who threw an egg at Larry Elder. If that had been a white woman throwing an egg at a black democrat there would be a thread with 30-40 pages talking about the racists in the gop. Like everything else, democrats are hypocritical on race also. But, nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Notice no one on this board called out the white woman who threw an egg at Larry Elder. If that had been a white woman throwing an egg at a black democrat there would be a thread with 30-40 pages talking about the racists in the gop. Like everything else, democrats are hypocritical on race also. But, nothing to see here.
    Oh no, an egg. The horror.

You're whining about an egg toss and using that to leap off into trying to justify a nonsense persecution complex.

5+ Year Old Account
    So, China is acting like Hollywood? But if it was for the same set of politics, people here wouldn't complain i bets..

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Pretty sure he’d disapprove of a lot if not all of that.
    I wish my fan fictions were as good as yours. Cucker is all about being "manly" considering a couple months ago he was practically quaking from one man telling him how awful he is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    So, China is acting like Hollywood? But if it was for the same set of politics, people here wouldn't complain i bets..
    Hollywood is 100% profit driven towards what ever brings in the most money, the hell you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You know throwing eggs is not racist, right?

I have to wonder sometimes if people are American or not before they say things like this. If they aren't perhaps they also think the same of America. if they are American then I wonder what they think of us in comparison to China.

China has some serious issue, though I suspect they're slightly ahead of the USA on the morality scale due to less intervention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Hollywood is 100% profit driven towards what ever brings in the most money, the hell you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

You know throwing eggs is not racist, right?
    I don't know what they're talking about but the CIA was at one point involved with Hollywood and newspapers... and media outlets.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...lywood/491138/

The CIA has a long history of “spooking the news,” dating back to its earliest days when the legendary spymaster Allen Dulles and his top staff drank and dined regularly with the press elite of New York and Washington, and the agency boasted hundreds of U.S. and foreign journalists as paid and unpaid assets. In 1977, after this systematic media manipulation was publicly exposed by congressional investigations, the CIA created an Office of Public Affairs that was tasked with guiding press coverage of intelligence matters in a more transparent fashion. The agency insists that it no longer maintains a stable of friendly American journalists, and that its efforts to influence the press are much more above board. But, in truth, the intelligence empire’s efforts to manufacture the truth and mold public opinion are more vast and varied than ever before. One of its foremost assets? Hollywood.
    Waffle is saying that "Hollywood" is doing something when really it's more that the government at one point was involved. Similar to how police got involved to change how they were portrayed in media. So waffle has things backwards.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-09-11 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Just wait until you find out China has committed genocide against ethnic groups!
    Of course I know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I have to wonder sometimes if people are American or not before they say things like this. If they aren't perhaps they also think the same of America. if they are American then I wonder what they think of us in comparison to China.
    ???

Of course I know about that.

???
    What are you confused about exactly? I thought it was clear but just ask a question and I can clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What are you confused about exactly? I thought it was clear but just ask a question and I can clarify.
    You gave no indication as to why my nationality or opinion of America were relevant to my comment.

You gave no indication as to why my nationality or opinion of America were relevant to my comment.
    My post says I wonder about people who say those things about China. I wonder if they also consider the USA among the ranks of horrible regimes especially for other countries. An American typically will be myopic and not notice the ills of their country whole someone say from Belgium may view them differently.

I don’t know your nationality hence I wonder what it is and what’s your opinion on America.

10+ Year Old Account
    K-Pop wins another round for youth culture!

BTS addresses world leaders and performs at the UN General Assembly

It's the thought of being young
    When your heart's just like a drum
    Beating louder with no way to guard it
    When it all seems like it's wrong
    Just sing along to Elton John
    And to that feeling, we're just getting started
    When the nights get colder
    And the rhythms got you falling behind
    Just dream about that moment
    When you look yourself right in the eye, eye, eye
    Then you say
    I wanna dance, the music's got me going
    Ain't nothing that can stop how we move, yeah
    Let's break our plans and live just like we're golden
    And roll in like we're dancing fools
    We don't need to worry
    'Cause when we fall, we know how to land
    Don't need to talk the talk, just walk the walk tonight
    'Cause we don't need permission to dance
    There's always something that's standing in the way
    But if you don't let it faze ya, you'll know just how to break
    Just keep the right vibe, yeah, 'cause there's no looking back
    There ain't no one to prove, we don't got this on lock, yeah
    The wait is over
    The time is now, so let's do it right
    Yeah, we'll keep going
    And stay up until we see the sunrise
    And we'll say
    I wanna dance, the music's got me going
    Ain't nothing that can stop how we move, yeah
    And roll in like we're dancing fools
    We don't need to worry
    'Cause when we fall, we know how to land
    Da-na-na-na-na-na-na, da-na-na-na-na-na-na
    Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
    No, we don't need permission to dance
    Da-na-na-na-na-na-na, da-na-na-na-na-na-na
    Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
    Well, let me show ya
    That we can keep the fire alive, mmm
    'Cause it's not over
    Till it's over, say it one more time, say
    I wanna dance, the music's got me going (the music's got me going)
    Ain't nothing that can stop how we move, yeah (hey)
    And roll in like we're dancing fools (like we're dancing fools)
    We don't need to worry
    'Cause when we fall, we know how to land (we know how to land)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    *yawn* wake me up when President Camacho performs at the State of the Union Address

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    K-Pop wins another round for youth culture!

Capitalism wins another round*

No wait, scrap that, I actually have no idea if anybody besides BTS 'wins' anything here. I don't even know what the point of this was(aside from generating profits for BTS).
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-09-20 at 05:26 PM.