10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Y'all shoulda stopped reading at "I have a serious question" because you already knew it was bullshit.
    I kept reading but I never got to the serious question.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I kept reading but I never got to the serious question.
    lol.
    This is why I didn't respond.
    Best answer to what is basically not a question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    lol.
    This is why I didn't respond.
    Best answer to what is basically not a question.
    Even if they do ask a question which elicits a response, they don't ever respond. They'll either go silent or post some further non-sequitur, begging-the-question comment.

I was riding a public bus a few years back and had a homeless person sit next to me the entire ride, rambling at me and asking me "questions" but never actually engaging with any answer I would offer him. Yuppie gives me those same "homeless guy on a bus rambling to himself" vibes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Even if they do ask a question which elicits a response, they don't ever respond. They'll either go silent or post some further non-sequitur, begging-the-question comment.
    Just going to post this again.

There is no point in trying to have a back-and-forth with any poster who has proven they have no forth. Simply smile, tell him he's adorable, and return to the grownups' table.

- - - Updated - - -

Well. Biden talked to reporters and defended the Afghan withdraw.

Yeah, today wasn't the day to do that. Makes the anniversary political, even if that wasn't the intent.

On the bright side, any insincere posters who disingenuously shrill "but Biden doesn't answer questions!" just got that argument shoved up their virtual ass.

Been thinking about this for a bit and I actually feel Bidens vaccine strategy could pay off long term. I mean Republicans are up in arms about it now but the more of them ultimately take it to keep their job, the more people will be confronted with the fact that their irrational fear of a vaccine that 2.5 billion people have taken was unfounded.
    Once you've had the vaccine and realize all the horror stories were completely unfounded and ridiculous it'll be hard to keep the same mindset as before (though I'm sure many will still find a way). In that sense the vaccine may provide some minor form of inoculation against future anti-science conspiracy mumbo jumbo.

In short, by politicizing vaccines Republicans have ensured that every administered dose is a strike against their anti scientific ideology and a small victory for Democrats.
    Last edited by Warning; 2021-09-12 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    In short, by politicizing vaccines Republicans have ensured that every administered dose is a strike against their anti scientific ideology and a small victory for Democrats.
    Careful, using logic and making good points will only get you labeled radical!

This is a good fucking sentence worth quoting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is no point in trying to have a back-and-forth with any poster who has proven they have no forth. Simply smile, tell him he's adorable, and return to the grownups' table.
    I think there's some value to be had in looking at the audience, waving in the general direction of the bad-faith posters, and saying "get a load of this nincompoop", too.

Debates, and forums by extension, aren't ever about convincing those on the other "team" to change their minds. Both are about those teams speaking to an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think there's some value to be had in looking at the audience, waving in the general direction of the bad-faith posters, and saying "get a load of this nincompoop", too.

Debates, and forums by extension, aren't ever about convincing those on the other "team" to change their minds. Both are about those teams speaking to an audience.
    This is why I consider Dribbles to be the most anti-Brexit poster and pro-EU poster that's ever posted. By far.

He says his stuff, and the reaction that gets generated from his trash explains exactly why Brexit is not doing well for Great Britain, and has presented EU as a really awesome organization. Oh EU has its issues - major issues - but it's doing its best on working them out, and doing a decent job at it.

I still don't get her/his motivation.
    Has always done that same thing of posting some twaddle then not responding to any discussion on it.
    Never has a good point, only weird observations they think make sense.
    A little like Karl Pilkington without being funny.

I don't think they are trying to convince anyone of anything.
    I mean no on ever has been swayed by anything they've ever said.
    I'm not even convinced they believe the BS they spew.

Not long ago, he/she posted some question in the form of "something along the lines of what will those trumpers do because"
    Literally speaking about himself in 3rd person as if he's not the very person he's asking the question about.
    Like this previous question of self imposed bias based on the right wing things he watches lol.

"Guys I don't get it.
    When I go to Fox news it's all praise for Trump.
    Everyone slams Biden, what gives?"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

It certainly doesn't help when people, especially some mods, hold lengthy back and forths debating said bad faith arguments. It's basically encouraged instead of being shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I still don't get her/his motivation.
    Has always done that same thing of posting some twaddle then not responding to any discussion on it.
    Never has a good point, only weird observations they think make sense.
    A little like Karl Pilkington without being funny.

I don't think they are trying to convince anyone of anything.
    I mean no on ever has been swayed by anything they've ever said.
    I'm not even convinced they believe the BS they spew.

Not long ago, he/she posted some question in the form of "something along the lines of what will those trumpers do because"
    Literally speaking about himself in 3rd person as if he's not the very person he's asking the question about.
    Like this previous question of self imposed bias based on the right wing things he watches lol.

"Guys I don't get it.
    When I go to Fox news it's all praise for Trump.
    Everyone slams Biden, what gives?"
    It’s the same playbook that all proud but concerned citizens of the Zandalari Empire read from. Some marine mammals, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    It’s the same playbook that all proud but concerned citizens of the Zandalari Empire read from. Some marine mammals, too.
    Please tell me it's:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Linings_Playbook

Where he wants to get on dancing with the stars with Trump.
    Some of the posts do lead me to believe there has been a mental institution in their recent past.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fence is going back up, which makes nothing but sense. These are people who are celebrating the Jan 6th rioters as very loving tourists. It's completely believable that such people would resort to violence yet again.

"Oh come on, you don't actually think they'd be that stupid?"

I didn't think so Jan 5th, either.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...on-2021-09-13/

Don't look now, Schumer and Democrats are returning the favor to McConnell and company. Despite a low number of vacancies, Biden's outpacing judicial nominees from the past 50 years despite a split Senate. Sure, he's got a LONG way to go to catch up to the 230 that Trump and McConnell installed during the last four years, but this is great seeing Democrats take the judiciary seriously and push back on the Republican attempt to reshape the judiciary as an activist conservative wing of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Repetition breeds success.
    Or...that definition of "stupidity" may again be reinforced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Or...that definition of "stupidity" may again be reinforced.
    I believe it's insanity. Although with these people, there's not much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Shut up, if we keep being the same moronic bigots surely we’ll become billionaires. Fuck science and taxes, they just keep me from being rich. /MachismoModeOff
    Sweet Jesus, are you trying to summon him to fuck up the next 50+ pages? :S
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...on-2021-09-13/

Don't look now, Schumer and Democrats are returning the favor to McConnell and company. Despite a low number of vacancies, Biden's outpacing judicial nominees from the past 50 years despite a split Senate. Sure, he's got a LONG way to go to catch up to the 230 that Trump and McConnell installed during the last four years, but this is great seeing Democrats take the judiciary seriously and push back on the Republican attempt to reshape the judiciary as an activist conservative wing of government.
    https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    And one of those judges evading questions of why she signed the letter saying Justice Brett Kavanaugh is intellectually and morally bankrupt.
    She wouldn't answer because she's a political judge. She does everything for party, even stating as rhetorical advocacy.

Also more Fuck Joe Biden chants, this time at a New York protest
    https://twitter.com/LeeroyPress/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Last edited by TexasRules; 2021-09-14 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    And one of those judges evading questions of why she signed the letter saying Justice Brett Kavanaugh is intellectually and morally bankrupt.
    She wouldn't answer because she's a political judge. She does everything for party, even stating as rhetorical advocacy.

Sucks to be served your own medicine.

Enjoy all the hyper-liberal judges that you can't do anything about.

And? Ted Cruz didn't like her answer, which was perfectly fine, but who gives a shit what a guy who flees a power outage to go to Cancun with his teenage daughters thinks?

...and? We know there are people who don't like Biden, a guy in Texas literally murdered a couple simply because they voted for him. Even liberal NYC has plenty of Republicans that hate Joe Biden.

Why does this matter? Why should we care?

38% of New York voted for Trump, I hate to break it to you but a lot of "blue states" have 30-40% of people voting for the other side.