Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shadowlands zone disconnected!?

Every exp we have had so far, all zones was connected together.

But in Shadowlands you cant fly from zone to zone, you have to use flight path (Empty space between each zone). I just feel like the world feels so disconnected.

Do other feel the same way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Each zone is effectively different worlds, within the Shadowlands, so no wonder they are disconnected.

Also, there are more than those 4; they are just the ones that are relevant for the story.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    I mean... no.

But in Shadowlands you cant fly from zone to zone, you have to use flight path (Empty space between each zone). I just feel like the world feels so disconnected.

Cataclysm says hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Cataclysm says hi!
    Imo Cataclysm was the best, all the zones was apart of OUR world, connected to azeroth .

I mean, they're intended to be disconnected.

It's not a world either, so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo Cataclysm was the best, all the zones was apart of OUR world, connected to azeroth .

So what is your problem then?

You just complained this expansion's world feels "disconnected" because zones aren't next to each other... then praise a previous expansion that had the exact same problem?

10+ Year Old Account

They are meant to be disconnected, and apart. They are completely different worlds.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They are meant to be disconnected, and apart. They are completely different worlds.
    Indeed, and it sucks.

So i hope they never do it again.
    If the setting demands it, do it the BfA way and bundle the zones up.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So what is your problem then?

You just complained this expansion's world feels "disconnected" because zones aren't next to each other... then praise a previous expansion that had the exact same problem?

In Cata there was only one zone that is disconnted. Deepholm.

But all the other zones are right next to other zones. Twilight Higlands are right beside Wetlands.

I never said it should be corrent zones. But the world needs to feel alive. When there is this disconnect from each zone, that falls flat.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Each zone is effectively different worlds, within the Shadowlands, so no wonder they are disconnected.

Also, there are more than those 4; they are just the ones that are relevant for the story.
    I'm pretty sure any other "worlds" in the Shadowlands will just be more zones of the same look and be apart of the same culture, so-to-speak. Otherwise, prove it if there's full on different zones, because where are their leaders, then? Oribos makes a point of having the 4 main exits with the 5th pointing down into the Maw... so...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Agree they are disconnected, but the best toy in game helps resolve this which is the engineer shadowlands portal generator and you can use every 15 min.

Just select shadowlands engineering and buy toy from AH once to use across all your characters! However they all need to have engineering as one of their professions. I personally usually choose engi/alch on all my characters and don't even bother levelling. Can always switch to enchanting to DE if you want to do that and back to engi/alch.

In Cata there was only one zone that is disconnted. Deepholm.

But all the other zones are right next to other zones. Twilight Higlands are right beside Wetlands.

I never said it should be corrent zones. But the world needs to feel alive. When there is this disconnect from each zone, that falls flat.
    But Twilight Highlands is not next to Uldum. Uldum is not next to Hyjal. Hyjal is not next to Val... The water zone. The water zone is not next to Deepholme.

Shadowlands is exactly the same - it doesn't matter if the zones are connected to anything else. Your whole argument is that Shadowlands sucks because the zones aren't connected to each other, and it's the only expansion like that. And it's not, and nothing you say will change that.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Can't really take you seriously when you make a complaint and then praise an expansion having the exact same issue with endgame zones being disconnected af. No, endgame zones being connected to old, irrelevant-to-max-players zones wasn't great.

I don't like neither Cata NOR SL's handling of endgame zones, that's called being consistent.

Vanilla- disconnecred
    Burning crusade - disconnected zones
    Wrath of the Lich King - mostly connected. Still had to warp to a few places to complete titan stuff
    Cataclysm - disconnected
    Mists of Pandaria - mostly connected but can't fly on the islands.
    Warlords - Mostly connected
    Legion - mostly connected then became Argus
    BFA - disconnected
    Shadow Lands - Disconnected

So there really has never been a fully connected expac.

I mean obviously this has been one of the more prominent complaints about the expansion's base design. It kinda makes sense as to the lore, but ironically Blizzard already learned that exact lession almost exactly 10 years ago in Cataclysm, when one of the popular complaints was that the world felt too disconnected. But not just did the new guard forget that lesson, they doubled down and made them even more disjointed than cata. In cata 3 of the 5 endgame zones were at least adjacent to the existing world, in SL everything is disconnected.

Again it makes some sense from a lore PoV (unlike many other things), no doubt about that, but it also ignored one of the biggest strenghts of WoW's world design, which was always the large world (compared to the competition). Maybe Blizzard could have done a "9 circles of hell" desgin and kinda stacked them at least, but I doubt that would have fixed the overall disocnnect. The zones have a completely insular design and a establishing some kind of zone gradient that feels natural would have never worked.

That all being said, I doubt it is one of the things that really hurt the expansion. They might have squandered some potential here, but it, it wasn't what dragged the expansion down imho.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

tbh: this is one of my favorite „SL sucks“ critics points.

i do lots of m+ in pugs. and its so stupid stressy to always first use your HS -> Covenant -> Oribos, or Dalaran HS ->SW -> Oribos, to fly from Oribos.

When i am questing in Korthia, or being in another zone from last (depleted) dungeon, i can not go to next flight point and start flying, to getting a drink or go pee, without an endless flight through Oribos.

and on top of it, you can not even set your HS to Oribos, because blizz was stupid enough, to put some portal to Oribos into your Covenant room, but no portal from Oribos to your Covenant. so, for anima reservoir or adventures table, you have to set your HS to Covenant. so you need to always port there and then port to Oribos, then go into Oribos, move up to second layer, run to flight point and fly. thats horrible stupid and it feeds zero immersion and has completely zero useful effects. its just annoying.

in short: its completely stupid. and i was VERY suprised that changing this was not their top first point in 9.1.5 notes. my bet was, when they change even just one thing in 9.1.5, then it is this stupid flying behaviour in SL. but obviously not…
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-12 at 02:25 PM.

Deepholme was hardly part of Azeroth as such. It was an artificial realm created to banish the elemental lords of earth and their minions.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm pretty sure any other "worlds" in the Shadowlands will just be more zones of the same look and be apart of the same culture, so-to-speak. Otherwise, prove it if there's full on different zones, because where are their leaders, then? Oribos makes a point of having the 4 main exits with the 5th pointing down into the Maw... so...
    So the G8 implies there is only 8 nations in the world. ¿Where are the rest of the leaders at? freaking hippies!

Its the best of four worlds.