Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    No thanks. I don't want to see any final fantasy content on this site.
    Then filter it out and all is well. Just as you can for the existing FFXIV forum section on this site.

No -- because this site already has enough smug FFXIV players reminding us in every single fucking discussion thread that FFXIV exists and is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Then filter it out and all is well. Just as you can for the existing FFXIV forum section on this site.
    Then why don't you filter it in? Why does the entire site need to change just to cater to you? Can't you curate your own content?

Regardless of what it may have once been for, this website is presently a Blizzard games fan-site; two of the three options up there - Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm - aren't even MMORPGs, but they are Blizzard games. That's what this site is about now, with a few subforums for discussion of other games.

There are several other places to get this information on the site's front page if you want it, but this is not - nor do I anticipate it becoming - one of them.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2021-09-12 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    No -- because this site already has enough smug FFXIV players reminding us in every single fucking discussion thread that FFXIV exists and is better.
    Hence, why I view them as the vegans of the gaming world...
    FFXIV players and subscribers to "Xbox Game Pass", actually.

Does FF14 not have it's own fansites like mmo-champ or Wowhead? I'm genuinely wondering.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What? I have played the game for years and never seen FF players doing anything like this

It's "wow players'' doing this if anything, which makes these quotes hilarious (it's also hilarious the amount of smugness in these 2 posts as well sprinkling a bit of irony on it all) lmao
    Yeah, we're both just collectively imagining it happening.

Case in point the smugness of FFXIV fans, they don't believe toxicity is part of their playerbase.

I don't see why not. I've always liked the idea of MMO-C covering all major MMORPG's, with the possibility to filter the news to just the games your interested in. In this case MMO-C would be covering WoW: SL, WoW: Classic, FF14, ESO and Guild Wars 2 with maybe New World if it becomes big enough. It made sense to just cover WoW in the past because it used to be the juggernaut of its genre but thats no longer the case. Even if its still the biggest it would only be by a small margin, the genres popularity has spread among all kinds of different games more and more now.

Then again, people on this forum seem to go full on tribalism to anything that isn't retail WoW. Just look at how Classic was being received here when MMO-C decided to do news for it aswell. Because of this community the site will probably never see any growth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    i never said ff was. because its not.

- - - Updated - - -

please provide proof of me saying final fantasy was an anime. i will wait.
    Please provide proof of me saying you said Final Fantasy was Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Well I hope you can reckon that with the anime game you've supposedly been playing since Vanilla lol
    Wow has always been a cartoon type game for me, never once had an anime vibe.

Isn't it 8 years old videogame? Why should they add it now if we didn't have any news in 8 years?

OP, I'd agree but I don't think people come here for FFXIV news. If you're looking for that, you're better off going to some site without so many rabid WoW loyalists.

If MMO-C wanted to do that, I think they'd be better off making an entirely new site, which yeah, it might end up successful. There's a weird lack of actually good FFXIV fansites.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    First time I see someone call WoW anime.

If you are going to dilute the word that much, then all animation that include human-like animals or Japan is anime. And that's just bullcrap.
    Yeah, I think that's kind of his point. FFXIV doesn't really have a particularly strong anime aesthetic and honestly has a lot more serious and less over-the-top world than WoW. If you're going to call FFXIV "anime" on the sole basis that it comes from Japan and has people with animal ears, then the definition of the term is pretty meaningless at this point.

Pot meet kettle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wow has always been a cartoon type game for me, never once had an anime vibe.
    Those people are just being juvenile, of course WoW isn't Anime in the way that we in the West think of the term. Disneyfied is a much more apt name for WoW. Not sure why people are up in arms about FFXIV being "Anime", I thought that was appealing to many. But guess any and all negativity towards that game will result in vehement denial from the cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Then why don't you filter it in? Why does the entire site need to change just to cater to you? Can't you curate your own content?

Regardless of what it may have once been for, this website is presently a Blizzard games fan-site; two of the three options up there - Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm - aren't even MMORPGs, but they are Blizzard games. That's what this site is about now, with a few subforums for discussion of other games.

There are several other places to get this information on the site's front page if you want it, but this is not - nor do I anticipate it becoming - one of them.
    As mentioned in my first post, FFXIV fan sites are generally trash. MMOC is quick and professional, and historically cover more than Blizzard. This would be more of a return to form than anything else.

Why should the site stagnate to cater to you?

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Those people are just being juvenile, of course WoW isn't Anime in the way that we in the West think of the term. Disneyfied is a much more apt name for WoW. Not sure why people are up in arms about FFXIV being "Anime", I thought that was appealing to many. But guess any and all negativity towards that game will result in vehement denial from the cult.
    People likely feel ff14 aint that anime cause the characters are largely sensible instead of being clinically dense power of friendship and clutch deus ex machina memes and the characters that try to be anime memes get their ass beat and fail for acting stupid. I didnt play the current ff xpac but i played entire game through in the xpac before and the writing felt largely more mature than wow.

That aside imo ff is not a game to discuss. WoW discussion arises mostly from the tryhard mentality and job search market in group finder forcing people to care. FF can be perfectly played with zero investment because the game doesn't punish you in any way for suboptimal play. All the balance and best build talks are simply not necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    MMOC is quick and professional, and historically cover more than Blizzard.
    Historically, MMOC has changed ownership several times since then, too.
    Nowadays it is essentially a Blizzard games fansite. Hell, 2 of the games it features aren't even MMORPGs. I wouldn't be surprised if Activision-Blizzard were one of the site's investors.

The site isn't stagnating, there is still a large community involved with WoW, and hundreds - thousands - of posts are made here every day; just because you are no longer interested in that doesn't change the fact that millions still are.

No thanks. The FF14 hype is already dying and soon it will be as irrelevant as it was before this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    No thanks. The FF14 hype is already dying and soon it will be as irrelevant as it was before this summer
    Also, FF14 is one death ahead of WoW already.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Also, FF14 is one death ahead of WoW already.
    massive cope. FF re-released a new successful title. Blizz scraped project titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Site is for World of Warcraft, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Haven't checked myself but no doubt there are fan sites for FF14.
    The site is for MMOs, my good doctor.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Like I said I've played the game off and on for years and I've not really ever witnessed what you are talking about, FF players have mostly just kept to themselves. At least not until there was a mass exodus of wow and people migrated over to FF, now I see the "FF vs wow" all over the place, but I'm sure that's just a big ole' coincidence
    Well if you have never seen it, but at least 3 of us have, must not be true, you have to be right.

Again if FFXIV is such hot shit they can make their own site. Even better for you then you can avoid all us "toxic elitist" that play wow. Win win for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.