Well done
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Typical that a thread detailing a reasonably unusual event in game would devolve into semantic arguments about the definition of 'funny.' At least in the U.S. there's a perfectly acceptable use of the word 'funny' to describe something out-of-the-ordinary. So let's not be grammar experts (which is against the site rules anyway).

Yeah, it's unusual. Most devs play anonymously for obvious reasons. When they play they want to play, not be hunted down by amateur developers who know precisely how the game should be fixed, never mind the abusers who would gather.
    Isn't armchair moderating threads also against the rules? Also, did it also annoy you this horribly to see users engaged in conversations with strangers' threads, on a forum, a couple years back? Because that would explain a lot.

And I guess that I can also bypass the top portion of my comment by trying to bring back the conversation into topic.
    While it's unusual, more should do it, even if just for the look it gives. I'm sure some developers and other members of the team are able to endure some abuse - just like the entire fuck lot of us - in order to give a better look to the game they (like to?) develop and work in (and want to see succeed have contribute to it's good PR?).

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    In the wake of a good amount of negative threads about the game, here is a post from the WoW Reddit.

Mike Ybarra, one half of the recently appointed co-leaders of Blizzard Entertainment in the wake of the lawsuit, was in LFR and a funny interaction ensued:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...t_a_celebrity/

His character in-game is "Qwik" and he also posts on the WoW Reddit to. Click on the URL to see his comment a couple of replies down.

I'm not familiar with Ybarra myself. At first I thought he was some random Activision employee/executive who was appointed, and not originally part of the Blizzard portion of the company. Or is he?

Anyway, kind of nice knowing he actually plays the game and engages with the community.

- - - Updated - - -

The title of the WoW Reddit thread is "I met a celebrity" and Ybarra's reply on the thread was:
    IF its really true, i be more on the „thx god, at least their president plays their fukin game“ train. since he seems to has 247 ilvl and 2.4k m+ score (and not just doing some quick looks into LFR), at least the Co CEO using their own product.

to me this is good news, since SL and the last 3-4 years of descissions, looked like no one of the wow team play their own game or using their own product.

hopefully…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    You summed up my own thoughts when going through this thread.

My own concern as a player is that this guy really seems to enjoy high-end mythic+ when to me it's one of the worst parts of the game right now.
    my expectations are already waaaay lower than yours. i just get hope out of it, that even SOMEONE in that company use their own product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    He's a great dude, he streams regularly on Twitch and tweets all kinds of things regarding games often, even talks about non Blizzard games. Couldn't be happier with their choice in promoting him, genuinely feel like he's one of the reasons why I've regained hope for the future of Blizzard & WoW.
    yeah, feed my hope. i URGENTLY need it… really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    You summed up my own thoughts when going through this thread.

My own concern as a player is that this guy really seems to enjoy high-end mythic+ when to me it's one of the worst parts of the game right now.
    Causal reminder he is still not a WoW director.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    The meme that "None of the devs actually play WoW" has no bearing on reality. Of course they play the game, regardless of what salty consumers say.
    I would say the more common meme was always that they only play certain classes which they tend to favor in terms of pvp or pve balance which was semi confirmed by Ghostcrawler after he left Bliz.

Well at least give his armory link for people next time :P
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...us/onyxia/qwik

I don't see the funny either.

7+ Year Old Account
    But I don't envy the guy having his char exposed. All kind of tards would be whispering him 24/7.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But I don't envy the guy having his char exposed. All kind of tards would be whispering him 24/7.
    He streams on twitch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    He streams on twitch.
    Ok, but he was pretty unknown 6 months ago.

Guess I'm just confused by your statement. You're concerned for his characters exposure because of a screenshot when he now streams on twitch? It's just a given. Wouldn't worry about it and I'm sure he doesn't care much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    Guess I'm just confused by your statement. You're concerned for his characters exposure because of a screenshot when he now streams on twitch? It's just a given. Wouldn't worry about it and I'm sure he doesn't care much.
    Ye well, no one likes when random mongs whisper you shit like "when will you remove LFR?" or "why the fk did you nerf my class???".

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Its funny because the leader (not ceo btw) of Blizzard is one of the last remaining retail wow players.
    Why is that funny? hur dur news at 9 blizzard employees play the game they work for. Who knew

HUR HUR news at 9, mcdonalds employees eat at mcdonalds

It's great to have someone that high up that actually plays the game seriously. Wonder if that's part of the reason we're getting the full ripcord in 9.1.5.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    It's great to have someone that high up that actually plays the game seriously. Wonder if that's part of the reason we're getting the full ripcord in 9.1.5.
    Lol no. These decisions are pre-planned and made to sustain MAU's. Also, they are made by Ion and his team.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm pretty sure funny = feel good moment that's all. You all are concentrating extra hard on the wording of the title, rather than the message of the title (which is par for the course at MMO-C I guess, but damn guys lol)
    I don't think my take was off at all. The OP is actively defending why he finds it funny so it's more than just looking into a topic title. It's okay to disagree and I'm not talking down on anyone who thinks it's funny because people have the right to feel however they want. I also thought it was a pretty feelsgoodman moment too and I want to highlight that because I'm personally not a fan of people who are overly negative just for the sake of negativity.

Looking hard for the 'funny' in this. He's a good player. What else?

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Mets Blizzard Co-leader, still unable to take a proper screenshot

Well done
    just shows he's true at gaming, as if you go to basically any game reddit or fan sight, being unable to press print screen or whatever to take a screenshot is basically shared by everyone in those communities.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe in the wow community. But when he was at Microsoft he was still pretty active and even made impromptu mini-events for people in online games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Love Qwik! Great dood, and hopefully will make the bridge between the community and the devs smoother (hopefully)
    He's a co president or something though, not lead designer or anything with influence over the game itself. If you watch his streams you'll realize he doesn't know all the stuff going on in development.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    All i wanna know is, what the hell does Sadge mean ive seen it spammed non stop in streamers channel sometimes, is it a new way of saying sad.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!