Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Friendslist of ~20 people. Almost every one has been on in the last 2 weeks, all have been on within the last month except 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

Think you misunderstood my post. Maybe.
    This is your post:

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So the other 50-60 just "afk in battle.net" huh? They don't do anything else, play anything else?
    You clearly suggest that it is unusual to have people idle in bnet - which im telling you is totally normal - many people even have bnet load with windows, and so yeah, you will have dozens of people 'afk' in bnet. Your second comment implies they are not playing anything else, which is strange because it suggests anyone who plays wow ONLY plays Blizzard/Acti games, which is all that shows in bnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

1 person on my friends list plays and that's my partner , they are also the only person on my friends list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Half on Half off

My original friends who I just dont want to remove from the friends list of course.. they are all ripinpeace gone - the other half I met through Season 2 for M+

Numbers wise: 10 friends on 10 friends off

45 ish, 20online, 2 play retail, 2 more on and off with TBC, 4 play OW, and 2 more play SC. All of this is pretty constant.

Of the 45 people, about 20 are irl friends and family, the rest are from my raiding guild and 2 are just straight bros I met playing drunken competitive like 4 years ago and still play with them about once or twice a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is your post:

You clearly suggest that it is unusual to have people idle in bnet - which im telling you is totally normal - many people even have bnet load with windows, and so yeah, you will have dozens of people 'afk' in bnet. Your second comment implies they are not playing anything else, which is strange because it suggests anyone who plays wow ONLY plays Blizzard/Acti games, which is all that shows in bnet.
    Interesting. I've never experienced someone not understanding my post in a way such as this before. Must be a language thing.
    Since it was unclear, I'll give you a hint: My post is a slight mockery of how the OP insinuates the very thing you thought my post meant.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Sadly, totally empty - It started to empty out during BfA, and is now literally completely empty. I should point out that most of them are at a similar point in life - business people, kids, family etc so those could be factors for some, but for most, they simply stopped playing as they no longer enjoy the game. Sometimes I see 1 or 2 people log in for an hour, but it never lasts long at all.

I only still have it open because it is the main form of communication for many of us, and it is quite sad to see. Obviously, for those still actively playing, their list probably hasnt changed much - as someone leaves, they are replaced by someone new who still actively plays - this is how it was for me during BfA - although many of my long time friends / guildies started quitting, i was actively adding new people who did still play, however it was still a net loss.
    yeah that probably is a factor, but many of the people in my friends list usually returns for a new xpac. I love the first weeks of new xpacs, when old friends return and for a short time I feels like "the old days". But year after year, less people have come back with new xpac and year after year they stay for a shorter time. SL was actually the exception, cause many of my friends thought it was great the first couple of months. Then it all went downhill and now im back to 1-2 logging retail now and then and two people logging for BC 1-2 times a week for raid.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Personally cant be bothered playing the game anymore, as its now more or less a solo experience. MIght aswell spend that time playing games that have good storytelling too, since I play solo anyway.

Used to have 35-50 online on average, now WoW is so garbage that it's around 5-10 online and all of them are playing D3 or heroes of the storm. Not even overwatch....they would literally play 2 dead games over wow. But of course, the sheep will defend that will something silly

20-40 active WoW players. The same now as the beginning of the expansion.

Also, for some reason I don't feel compelled to correlate my fucking friends list's activity with the state of the game. Turns out these two things are completely unrelated. Who knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends what day and time it is. Sometimes there are 8 people afk in battle.net-app. Other times there are more then 20 people online and playing different Blizzard-Games. And sometimes I don't see it, because I'm playing other games or not playing at all.

There is 1 person I would call a friend that logs on now and then. I have 200+ ppl on bnet, but not a single one plays WoW anymore. And I have noe idea who these ppl are since they have been offline for ages.

by far not as active as it used to be. alot of people came back for classic tbc and my fl became pretty active again but now its more like its waking up 1 or 2 days during raidtime and then dies down again. alot of people i knew stopped playing after mop and some are wating for classic wrath and some simply grew up and became busy adults with tight schedules where wow doesnt fit anymore.
    Last edited by faceblunt; 2021-09-13 at 07:50 AM.

About 80ish friends last I checked, and I'd say generally 2-3 are online at any given time.

My entire friend circle effectively left blizzard games as a whole. I'm not a roleplayer but I was close with the roleplayer community on my server, I think Shadowlands was the last straw for a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Djibrill View Post
    I have none, all of my friends that used to play don't play anymore and since I'm a casual solo so player my friend list is empty.
    Pretty much same here. Had around 15-ish online by the end of WotLK, swiftly dwindling down to zero by early BFA. everyone left for RL issues or just fed up from the game. 6 months after shadowlands my sub expired and I've left the game myself.

I got no friends... :'(

I only add people I know IRL, outside of 2-3 people I raided with back in Wrath/Cata, and play other games with since then.

Of the ~14 people I have, all of them are still actively logging in to the client at least... Only 11 of them played WoW to begin with, and 6-7 of them still play at least semi-regularly. The rest are "seasonal" players who just clear content, get KSM and above average ilvl, then go back to playing other things.

Ability to pay with gold helps a lot. They pretty much just sell a few M+ runs before quitting, so that they have gold to resub the next tier. They all have a few million that they're just sitting on at this point.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

On a typical day 10-15 on wow, another 20-30 split between other games and just battle.net, but I also only have 52 friends, and 2 of them have passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once i had like 30+ friends all playing WoW.
    These days its like 3-5 friends, has been like this for years (only spiking with new xpac/patch).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I used to have a lot of people, but one day decided to remove people I hadn't spoken to for years. Not much left after that... I mean what's the point.
    I am the same, of those people left depending on the time of the week 8 at max and 0 most of the time when am online myself.

friendlist is obsolete, can be replaced with a "recent players" or "frequent players" list and i wouldn't notice.

the "friend" part of it has moved to discord. same for guildchat really.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-09-13 at 09:17 AM.