Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Alternatively, you can find a site dedicated to FFXIV and this site doesn't have to change at all.

Equally absurd.
    What a silly nonconstructive post.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Alternatively, you can find a site dedicated to FFXIV and this site doesn't have to change at all.

Equally absurd.
    Nono, their need to self-inject is too great. They NEED WoW's fansites to also cater to them now.

Which is why it's meaningless to tell them that there are already sites for FFXIV players where there's frequent reporting and discussion. Reddit seems pretty damned active for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because you're phrasing it like FFXIV shut down for good when it didn't. They remade the game because players were unhappy. That's a GOOD thing. And WoW players derail every single FFXIV that is posted and it's the FFXIV forums don't have a lot of traffic.
    I never once said FF shut down for good. You are just adding things in to help your weak case FF was down for about a year. Fun fact, WoW never shut down to relaunch the game. Keep deflecting the facts though, I know I'm being amused here.

Well no surprise this turned into an immature argument. Bit silly to get so heated over a suggestion to include news from another game.

Ah MMO-C, never change.

"mmo" champ.. Has Heroes of the Storm (MOBA that is literally on life support) as one of the 3 main games being tracked, but doesn't track ESO or FF14 or GW2 or New World news. OMEGALUL

Might as well just change the name of this site to BlizzardChamp

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Well no surprise this turned into an immature argument. Bit silly to get so heated over a suggestion to include news from another game.

Ah MMO-C, never change.
    Well, isn't that exactly what you're asking MMO-C to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Look up descriptivism vs prescriptivism. You're not really showing an understanding of the topic. Some people do argue that definitions are rules, others dont. It's not objective.

I mean youd be really dumb to ignore the fact other languages exist just because you're on an english speaking forum.

It does have a meaning in english. It objectively has a meaning in japanese too. Language is complicated? If it wasnt we'd not be a particularly intelligent species. The irony of complaining about unnecessary complications while you're writing in english is kinda hilarious

Yeah that rule doesnt really apply here lol. I'm not going to get banned for saying bonjour. If I started posting entirely in french yeah, but using a word here or there isnt going to upset anyone, unless they dont like french.
    Again, the objective japanese meaning doesn't matter on an english speaking forum. The English meaning does.

And yeah, English is already a complicated language...so we don't need to be adding additional complications.

What would they report, the bi-annual patch that has no PTR or datamining? The LiveLetter that's already translated live on reddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    What would they report, the bi-annual patch that has no PTR or datamining? The LiveLetter that's already translated live on reddit?
    Events happening in game. New transmog. Patch notes. They post all kinds of worthless WoW "updates". they can manage to post ACTUAL updates from other MMOs.

I'd be silly to presume that people would default to japanese defintion, but I can use it that way and still effectively communicate my ideas. It just depends on how obtuse the person I'm talking to is as to how they will respond to it.
    By using a foreign languages defintion of a word instead of the native defintion....you are not effectively communicating your ideas. In fact, you are purposefully obfuscating them.

Events happening in game. New transmog. Patch notes. They post all kinds of worthless WoW "updates". they can manage to post ACTUAL updates from other MMOs.
    Then go to a FF fan site, FF reddit or elsewhere to get it? There isn't much to discuss when it comes to FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Then go to a FF fan site, FF reddit or elsewhere to get it? There isn't much to discuss when it comes to FF.
    This is fucking mmo-champion. Not Blizzard-champion.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would love to see y'shtola in a summer outfit
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

This is fucking mmo-champion. Not Blizzard-champion.
    Uh huh and what have they posted about in the past X years? Blizz stuff. They used to post about other MMOs but never that much and as WoW crushed those games it became kinda pointless I guess? Speak to the people that make those choices. But the 'other' MMOs don't have much attention in their forums/threads. You want to talk FF I can link you to the FF section, it isn't very active though.

Uh huh and what have they posted about in the past X years? Blizz stuff. They used to post about other MMOs but never that much and as WoW crushed those games it became kinda pointless I guess? Speak to the people that make those choices. But the 'other' MMOs don't have much attention in their forums/threads. You want to talk FF I can link you to the FF section, it isn't very active though.
    It's not active because of people like you who feel the need to say negatives things about FFXIV every chance you get. When threads get invaded every single time they are posted and mods do next to nothing about it, people don't want to post anymore. Furthermore, there's as much going on with FFXIV as WoW. This site will post every little piece of nonsense about WoW even when it's trivial and pretty much nobody cares. Yet you think that actual important information that is officially posted about FFXIV on their site isn't good enough to report on here, an MMO site? Ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but it's true and humorous.

Also most weebs get it
    Anime is a word that specifically refers to japanese animation. Calling King of the Hill anime is just wrong.

It's not active because of people like you who feel the need to say negatives things about FFXIV every chance you get. When threads get invaded every single time they are posted and mods do next to nothing about it, people don't want to post anymore. Furthermore, there's as much going on with FFXIV as WoW. This site will post every little piece of nonsense about WoW even when it's trivial and pretty much nobody cares. Yet you think that actual important information that is officially posted about FFXIV on their site isn't good enough to report on here, an MMO site? Ok.
    Are you like not reading what I'm saying? I even said I've played FF off and on and enjoyed it here and there. You are just trying to pick a fight because you cannot debate the facts provided.

You want FF info you likely won't find it on this website and with good reason. There are places to go and find it. Go try FF-champion or FFhead or something? I'm sure their forums are active about the blessed game that has crushed WoW and caused it to shut down. Lolz. Oh wait, FF was the game that had to shut down for almost a year. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The site is for mmorpgs in general
    No. The off topic forums are for mmorpgs in general. Fhe front page is for World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, or Overwatch. It's a Blizzard fansite, not an MMO fansite.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Start planning for the future and hire someone to update MMO-C with FFXIV news.
    MMO-C is primarily WoW. Also - 30th September 2010 is barely more 'future' than WoW.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The only reason FFXIV isn't on the front page is likely because the people in charge only care about WoW, seemingly. They don't care how tremendously successful FFXIV is.

- - - Updated - - -

FFXIV realized their problems and relaunched with a far superior product. WoW has been going for 16 years and never tries to be better even after insane amounts of backlash.
    Final Fantasy started because FFXI was a "failure"(was able to make back its costs and make some money but not enough for them) so they already started making XIV in like 2005 and it failed so bad they had to redo it. I'd say needing to start over twice and having a decade or two of development be a waste goes to show what's clearly the superior product. It may not be what you like but clearly enough people do that Blizzard hasn't needed to do a WoW2.

Yeah, imagine the audacity of these people thinking MMO-champion should cover one of the most popular MMOs. I dont understand how these people think. It makes no sense.

Btw. Why does the ffxiv reddit have a ton more daily active users, daily posts and daily threads compared to the wow reddit if there is nothing to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    Yeah, imagine the audacity of these people thinking MMO-champion should cover one of the most popular MMOs. I dont understand how these people think. It makes no sense.
    Weird, remember when MMO-champ used to cover other MMOs? I do. Wasn't a lot of traffic for those games. It could be turned around that the 'champion' of MMOs is a certain game that has been covered for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    Btw. Why does the ffxiv reddit have a ton more daily active users, daily posts and daily threads compared to the wow reddit if there is nothing to discuss?
    Maybe because unlike FF there are multiple avenues and reddits for Wow? Wowhead, mmo-champ, specific reddits such as wow economy and other split wow reddits. Did you go add all of that together? No? Oh. Maybe you should do that before trying to spout 'facts'.