Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Reliable solo gearing that does not require RNG for either stat allocation or acquisition.
    Then they should revert to the old system in TBC and WotLK where good gear with static stats was offered via rep grinds. it's the only logical way to provide solo gearing. otherwise if you do the timeless isle/korthia style gearing without RNG, everyone will get geared up in 1 week.

I wish for them to finally finish the new character models PROPERLY, so they are all on par with the dwarf and panda models, which are vastly superior to all the other models.

It starts with the artistic quality and it goes down to animation. I did this comparison video in 2014. I mean, come on, if you discount the resolution, the old model is way superior to the new model.

The new model looks like someone tried and failed horribly to perform plastic surgery on a zombie. The new model has
    - no breathing animation,
    - no feral/cat-like eyes, and lightbulbs for eyes, instead of the indirect glow the old model had
    - no more straight eyebrows, instead it got the elf unibrow
    - lifeless mask for a face, like someone injected it with too much botox
    - a distorted asymmetrical torso, like Quasimodo
    - no amimated arms! These new arms are just attached to the shoulders and dangling down there zombie like and have no correlation with the body movement / This applies to other racial models, too!!
    - has a sway movement as if it was drunk....
    - tatoos as if a 5 year old had played with his crayons, nothing in comparison to the detailed tatoos on the old models

The old appearance was athletic and wiry, just like sentinels who move like shadows through the deep forests of Ashenvale. The new model looks like... a human with pointy ears and glowing eyes...

Also: can we please have racial casting animations back? It is such a downer to see my nelves casting like a dog, aehm... worgen....

Just a reminder what we were promised in 2013...

Last edited by Eggroll; 2021-09-09 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Then they should... ...do the timeless isle/korthia style gearing without RNG, everyone will get geared up in 1 week.
    Yeah, I'm good with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I wish for this game to die in peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish for someone who still has passion for the game to be at the helm. I want Ion to go back to Lead Encounter Designer, where he flourishes, and some new blood to take the reins for a while. I don't believe for a single moment that this game will ever be good again if Ion is in charge. We'll just get more systems layered upon systems until the game dies.

For it to come after 9.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    Reset. I can't stand the lore and oneupping anymore. I want my Warcraft back, now it's World of Everything Where Star Wars Happens With Everything And Players Are Gods. It ain't fun.
    Haha you’re dead on. This quit feeling like WoW awhile ago. Legion was a bit of an exception, but after Cataclysm it was a slow decline of the world feeling like Warcraft.

Disconnect all timeconsuming systems from instance player power.

I would like to get all the tools needed to beat higher difficulties of PVE in lower difficulties. The old "gear up in normal to advance to heroic" bouth for raids and m+. Attach the player power to dungeon/raid drops like class sets used to offer. Give me dungeon sets with strong boni that only work in dungeons. Raid sets the same. They already started doing that with pvp items which are stronger in pvp than in pve.

I think most of the gameplay like covenants and farming Korthia or the Maw are fine as such, just not as a required activity for player power. There is only so much playtime everyone has in a day, I want to spend mine inside dungeons and raids. I want to go right into dungeons with alts without having to grind all kinds of systems.

Korthia and similar world content should give outdoor player power. Go wild with Legion style outdoor sets. Give them powerful set boni, make them upgradable just as high as dungeon items but set bonus only works outside. A seperate gearing path for solo players who like to grind Korthia etc just as much as I like to grind m+

Covenants and similar systems should be to experience the story and earn a truckload of cosmetics.

WoW has a lot of different players who like different things, don't make one kind of player do content they are not interested in just as a requisite for beating the content they like.

Better easy to use LFG tool for people who don’t have time to invest in raiding guilds but can play far better than LFR. Ban anyone who sells raid or dungeon runs for ridiculous amount of gold. Ban wow tokens (and I say it as a wow token user). They are bad for the game. Ban that raider io spyware. Limit chineese resource farmers. Promote helpful behaviour by giving additional rewards to players when interacting with non-guild members or friends.

And yes absolutely give us back awesome class specific sets.

better writers, fire danuser

A focus on a more "grounded" Azeroth for lore, more customization, and the complete removal of unnecessarily complicated and grindy systems that become redundant at the end of each expansion (I don't need to go into detail on the latter point, we all know the situation).

Forges to make a return and power to not suck anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    better writers, fire danuser
    that would be my top2.

my top1 still is:

real content, „no systems“

and before ppl come up with that „define content“ shit:

- more content/patches than 1 lousy island and 1 raid per year.
    - more dungeons
    - more raids
    - more bgs/arenas
    - more islands
    - more something-active-gameplay-something-whatever-it-is

NOT more cheap shit campaign story quests, i have to do on x alts, in addition to more cheap systems. more REAL content.

more real content
    more real content
    more real content

regardless if mage tower, or mop-like scenarios, or dungeons, or raids.

M O R E real content.

thats definitely my top1. the only combatant would be „more quality“. but thats somehow the same.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-10 at 01:10 AM.

instead of being gated per character, game systems should be account wide!

Bring back Legion Legendries without the silly Artifact power grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Stopping damage isn't exactly a new concept. Though, I'd say the proliferation of these strategies in SoD in particular has less to do with encounter design (it is a factor, I'll admit) and more to do with Domination Sockets being one of the single most overpowered, idiotic things Blizzard has ever introduced to the game. I don't know why you'd choose this as an example of 10M superiority (or whatever the fuck you're trying to imply here) because this problem would exist at any raid size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That has nothing to do with 20-man raid size. It's just some awkward or straight-up bad fight design, and that could be the case regardless of raid size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    As I said before and you neglected to respond about. Pretty much every tier has a problematic fight or 2 in it. With current class design and the potency of niche styled cds 10 man encounter design is even further cheesed by comp stacking. Mechanics in 10 always felt super easy or super struggle and increase in dps and healer cds only exasperates this weakness in the content type.
    Yes, it's not directly related to having 20 people. What it is, though, is bad fight design and it's not just a SoD thing (remember Zaqul?). Evidently we are not getting better boss fights on average just because it's 20-man only. That was always a clearly false promise. It was just an excuse for Blizzard to do less work (makes sense that it happened in WoD, the expansion entirely built with sub-minimum effort) and I'm sure they're glad to have a community full of people gullible and servile enough including the people I quoted who happily bought that excuse.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2021-09-12 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    Evidently we are not getting better boss fights on average just because it's 20-man only. That was always a clearly false promise.
    Just because some fights turned out poorly doesn't mean that they turned out poorly BECAUSE of a fixed raid size; or that without a fixed raid size they WOULDN'T have turned out poorly. This is a logical fallacy. You have nothing to compare this to, because we don't have contemporary fight design NOT designed for 20 people (at the highest difficulty). You're simply assuming that fights designed now would somehow be better if we didn't have a fixed raid size, but you have no way of actually proving this is the case.

In fact, all the HISTORICAL evidence we have says the opposite - that it was much harder to design good fights that work for both difficulties, and that limited design space; which, in turn, led (or would have led) to less interesting fight designs overall. That's precisely why they changed it, and you have zero comparative basis to assume that them not making that change would somehow have resulted in better fights. And since they made that change, the average quality of raid fights (at the highest difficulty) has gone up, not down; which is not to say that there's direct causation here either (fight quality could be expected to increase over time in any event) - but it doesn't exactly provide a good indicator for you're trying to suggest, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    Yes, it's not directly related to having 20 people. What it is, though, is bad fight design and it's not just a SoD thing (remember Zaqul?). Evidently we are not getting better boss fights on average just because it's 20-man only. That was always a clearly false promise. It was just an excuse for Blizzard to do less work (makes sense that it happened in WoD, the expansion entirely built with sub-minimum effort) and I'm sure they're glad to have a community full of people gullible and servile enough including the people I quoted who happily bought that excuse.
    What the fuck? "Bad encounter exists, therefore Blizzard failed." What kind of asinine logic is this? There were plenty of dogshit encounters from Cata/MoP, your fucking opinion that they were better doesn't excuse this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Just because some fights turned out poorly doesn't mean that they turned out poorly BECAUSE of a fixed raid size;
    Since you opted to ignore the very first sentence of my post I won't read the rest of yours. Go and check what was said again.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    What the fuck? "Bad encounter exists, therefore Blizzard failed." What kind of asinine logic is this? There were plenty of dogshit encounters from Cata/MoP, your fucking opinion that they were better doesn't excuse this fact.
    Yes, when the promise was that raid encounters would get better because of the fixed 20 man size and they didn't that demonstrates that Blizzard lied and failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    Remove borrowed power systems.
    Borrowed power systems are the only way that expansions can happen without having to permanently add abilities to classes. If every expansion comes with them essentially having to redesign the entire classes balance structure in that perpetual need to have "new things" eventually comes to a head with skill bloat and balance issues.

Borrowed power allows expansions to have things that can just get tossed afterwards. The primary problem with borrowed power systems have generally been the associated grinds. Get rid of those and its fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun game, no massive daily time gate. No seasonal power grind that resets. No propping up content with mount farms/xmog. Good raids (this they always hit). Fun leveling that isnt repetitive for alts. No borrowed power