Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Despite the name, this site has always been WoW and Blizzard focused. When a new game comes out that is popular, a sub forum is sometimes added as has been the case with Rift, SWTOR, FFXIV, and others. When the popularity wanes sometimes those are removed. Very rarely has there ever been a news post or update on a game outside the Blizzard ecosystem. You're welcome to dive through the history yourself: https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/252-News/page332 (it's quite nostalgic, seeing as some of the first news posts date back to early BC, which is what Classic is currently going through).

I'd not be opposed to a new option on the top for FFXIV stuff (similar to HotS and OW), but I'd prefer it not to show up under normal news when browsing the site.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    Yeah, FF has no other fansites or ways to leave comments other than ffxiv main reddit page. Lmao. Grasping straws much?
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...English-Forums

You can certainly leave comments on Square-Enix's own forums for the game. I don't understand how anyone thinks that reddit is the only place to leave comments about FFXIV. Like any other large MMO, if you really want your comments to receive some attention official forums are the way to go. The chances that anyone will respond directly to your specific comments are small but they are infinitesimal elsewhere except for possibly Twitter. That holds true for WoW as well.

Fan sites are sort of a dying breed. Almost all of the ones I know of are either shuttered or smaller than they used to be. A lot of the unofficial conversation about classes, etc. is now to be found in other places such as Discord, Twitter, and elsewhere.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-09-13 at 12:43 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That's the one thing that WoW 100% succeeds for me, its cartoony artstyle has aged wonderfully; the aesthetics of it are just so refined at this point, with the cinematics showcasing that as an stylistic choice rather than a limitation, not unlike The Clone Wars looked by season 7.

WoW just looks good because it prioritizes style over fidelity, and fidelity will always decrepit over time.

FF to me just kinda looks flat and muddled; like I can see some isolated outfits and they look great, but all the detail gets muddy and lost. There's a reason why in WoW the buckles of a vambrace look as large as belt buckles.
    Sometimes WoW does overdo things, such as with the XBOXHUEG shoulders and weaponry. Sure, it's part of the charm but it's still a trope so worn out it gets boring sometimes. But then I look at the high-level outfits I saw in FF14 and I'm like WTF is this even supposed to be. Everything is flowing with spikes jutting out of random places and it's so overdesigned it doesn't look like anything anymore. Some of the Samurai kimonos are the only armors that looked really great to me. In terms of visuals it sits at the bad site of a cross between realism and cartoonish, and it has neither the graphical horsepower to pull off realism compared to 2021 games nor the charm to pull off cartoonish. Or maybe I just don't like Final Fantasy aesthetics in general because I found even the FF7 remake to look meh overall and it definitely wasn't for lack of fidelity.

Either way, WoW looks better than many games made recently if you ask me. Sure, in terms of fidelity it doesn't but the art style makes it barely even noticeable and the people designing the visuals deserve a collective pat on the back, they're some of the best in the business. Armor and weapons are more hit and miss, sometimes I wish for a WoW 2 with an updated engine so we can have more realistic cloth physics and such, some awesome looking armor in concept looks a lot worse in game with its engine limitations (the Alliance Arathi warfont set being a major offender). But it's not going to happen anywhere near soon sadly.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Does FF14 not have it's own fansites like mmo-champ or Wowhead? I'm genuinely wondering.
    I don't even know why people want it. The launcher has all relevant news and there isn't any datamining really due to no PTR. They internally test everything. There is no real reason to want a front page dedicated to XIV.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing I'd like to see is something akin to WoWhead for XIV because their current sites are a bit lackluster in comparison when it comes to searching for items and previewing them or quests and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The people who have left wow make up maybe 5% of the playerbase.
    xD

----------
    Agree with the topic creator though

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Historically, MMOC has changed ownership several times since then, too.
    Nowadays it is essentially a Blizzard games fansite. Hell, 2 of the games it features aren't even MMORPGs. I wouldn't be surprised if Activision-Blizzard were one of the site's investors.

The site isn't stagnating, there is still a large community involved with WoW, and hundreds - thousands - of posts are made here every day; just because you are no longer interested in that doesn't change the fact that millions still are.
    I am still interested in that.

I am also interested in the second most successful modern MMO. I wouldn’t also mind seeing ESO and newcomer MMOs here, either.

Growth isn’t a bad thing.

Can we get a mod to please close this thread? We don't want FFXIV stuff posted on the front page. End of story.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard own MMO-C, no? I thought I read about this year's ago and it explains why an MMO site never promotes any MMO besides WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard own MMO-C, no? I thought I read about this year's ago and it explains why an MMO site never promotes any MMO besides WoW.
    Magic Find owns Mmo-champion. Blizzard has never owned the site.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...f-MMO-Champion
    https://www.magicfind.us/
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Are you like not reading what I'm saying? I even said I've played FF off and on and enjoyed it here and there. You are just trying to pick a fight because you cannot debate the facts provided.

You want FF info you likely won't find it on this website and with good reason. There are places to go and find it. Go try FF-champion or FFhead or something? I'm sure their forums are active about the blessed game that has crushed WoW and caused it to shut down. Lolz. Oh wait, FF was the game that had to shut down for almost a year. Whoops.
    Why would mmo-champion need to report on it then if the official website exists then? It's almost as if your entire argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    ...Or I don't associate myself with weirdos.

And yeah. You obviously care. It's okay. It's just my opinion. I don't like anime. Don't take it as a personal insult.
    Why would they not take your taste in video games as a personal insult? That behavior is covered in MMOC trolling 101.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    FFXIV has cat girls

WoW has fox girls, elves, cow women, female Satyr in the form of dreani

Please, tell me how ffxiv is more "anime" and "human-like animals" than WoW at this point

Love all the spergs freaking out lol, this site is called MMO champion not WoW champion
    Wow bud. Your intellectual maturity is really showing when you need to call people spergs as if anyone who has a legitimate neurological condition is an insul to your existance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    FFXIV has cat girls

WoW has fox girls, elves, cow women, female Satyr in the form of dreani

Please, tell me how ffxiv is more "anime" and "human-like animals" than WoW at this point

Love all the spergs freaking out lol, this site is called MMO champion not WoW champion
    In your fury, you appear to have missed my point completely.

How about you calm yourself, and try again? Or better yet, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Eh, I play FFXIV as my main mmo, but I only visit MMO-Champion for WoW/blizzard news, i have since it was first created way back in the day, putting other MMO stuff in here would just make it confusing. I hear icy veins might be doing that though so visit them i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Can we get a mod to please close this thread? We don't want FFXIV stuff posted on the front page. End of story.
    Ahh yes an account created this month knows exactly what people want. I smell a ban evader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    No, this is not true and never has been.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No.

Simple as that.

The reason is even with the TINY amount of new players you have wow STILL brings in more people. Facts are facts.

The people who have left wow make up maybe 5% of the playerbase.
    i dont think milions of players=5%

Imagine being so pathetic and jaded you can not accept people enjoy a game that does not affect you.
    If you love to get punched, good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would like that it's not needed. There are many other better sources for FFXIV news. It would be nice to have it consolodated but there are tons of youtube channels and fan sites. Hell even discord has a lot. This site is way too skewed toward WoW anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Those people are just being juvenile, of course WoW isn't Anime in the way that we in the West think of the term. Disneyfied is a much more apt name for WoW. Not sure why people are up in arms about FFXIV being "Anime", I thought that was appealing to many. But guess any and all negativity towards that game will result in vehement denial from the cult.
    To be honest with you, i dont think I would like wow if I started playing it fresh today.
    I've tried FF but it just wasn't for me, there's was no appeal in the story, the graphics or the gameplay.
    I grew up with warcraft, the OG RTS and generally played blizzard games for long as I can remember so it became sorta natural once I got around to wow, everything was familiar and exciting.
    FF just isn't any of that, at least not for me. And yes, i have played FF since playstation 2... Ironically FF7 and X is among my favorite console games ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    The site name is MMO-Champion. If they have enough writers, the site should contain more major MMORPGs on the main page, not for FFXIV only.