Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    maybe they just don't like the game anymore and found a good exit point?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Boosting has always been a thing in WoW, it just used to only be called carrying. Then the term became just a pejorative/joke for carrying someone or being carried.
    Right, I know that. I'm referring to carrying as well.

I just didn't play in Vanilla-proper and was too new in TBC (joined in Jan 2008) to have any inkling about this. Didn't really know about it until ToC/ToGC during Wrath.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    It was in a worse state in WoD and pre 8.2, however the difference now is in WoD people were of the opinion the game *could* get better and had faith for Legion as it was honestly announced fairly early on into Wods life cycle (Less than a year)

Same for BFA, it was seen as this "Yeah BFA sucks, but Legion and Mop were greatt and wod sucked so obviously 9.0 will be great!"
    But with the current state of Shadowlands, not only is the game in a weak state, but the community and the narrative around the game is the worst it has ever been, gone are the days that WoW still has great days ahead for many players, and lots of streamers simply do not want to deal with that kind of negativity or gameplay when it feels increasingly negative.
    The sky is falling every time in every expansion.

Most Wow streamers really, I mean really HATE competitive WoW. They hated the boom with PVP streamers, they hated the boom with legions M+ streamers, because it was simply more demanding to play at that level while interacting with the chat.

The fun part was never a concern for the daily streamers, its just a job for them in the first place.

So I would not weight streamer opinions that high, because their ideal WoW expansion is most likely not fun for regular players of the game.

The servers are running fine (most of the time), the content is basicly endless even if you just want 1-2 covenant mogs for your main and maybe finish the reputations of this expansion in addition to the weekly gear progression chores with 10x M+ and a bit of raiding, people have tons of stuff to do.

People who simply dont like MMOs or WoW or both will allways quit no matter what. Content tourist are having a hard time with the slow catch-up mechanics and with the constant gearprorgression and a really good ilvl scaling, they hate the current expansion - of course, since they cant just buy 1-2 weekly raid boosts and catch up.

Again it was allways the same and honestly in WoD you could travel in the gaming world and not see any casual players anymore. Thats not the case right now, so its still 1000x better as WoD from my PoV.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I got a real reborn for free so you maybe confused there. They also stopped collecting subs till the servers went down. Now to this day they have a system where if you unsub from ff 11 they delete your characters and that does suck.
    If you did not own FFXIV when ARR came out, you absolutely did not get ARR for free. If you got ARR for free, it was much later in the product lifecycle, at least well after Heavensward. Which is equivalent to WOW offering the base game for free nowadays. It's really not that hard. As far as FFXI goes, I can't comment on that. I played the game for 10 minutes 10 years ago, realized the UI and combat system was literally like pulling fingernails, and never touched it ever again.

Don't know and don't care about streamers leaving for another game, but if they did I can relate to that.

I was mostly subbed since early WotLK, struggled through the disaster BFA was (worse than WoD imho) - but shadowlands was the last straw.

I was a real WoW addict. Even asked blizz to ban me because I played too much for my own good...but early shadowlands broke that addiction.

I'm still on the forums for news regarding lore and story but my passion for the game is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I was a real WoW addict. Even asked blizz to ban me because I played too much for my own good...but early shadowlands broke that addiction.
    Amazing, wasn't it? From full speed to zero in such a short time.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

They stream -whatever- makes most simps donate them money.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Right, I know that. I'm referring to carrying as well.

I just didn't play in Vanilla-proper and was too new in TBC (joined in Jan 2008) to have any inkling about this. Didn't really know about it until ToC/ToGC during Wrath.
    Carrying was always a thing. Just ask any 40 man raid leader. 10-15 people were regularly carried in ma y raid groups.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Carrying was always a thing. Just ask any 40 man raid leader. 10-15 people were regularly carried in ma y raid groups.
    Yeah, that doesn't surprise me.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Amazing, wasn't it? From full speed to zero in such a short time.
    TBH it wasn't full speed to begin with. I KNEW the game is bad for me - but just couldn't bring myself to quit on my own. Then, shortly after shadowlands start I had a moment of clarity when flying from one zone to another with the usual ORIBOS short stop. The no flight, no flight master whistle, the bad terrain, the grindy WQ, the no-mount in the maw....it all summed up to grab my precious free time via traveling and waiting - not by playing. So I just stopped. I still feel the itch from time to time, but then I remember how bad it would be doing nothing simply because my gear and raider.io will be too low to pug even +2. Also, all my friends are gone... we're grownups now, with jobs and families. Staring at the que or FP timers has no more room in my life anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't surprise me.
    Yea, in vanilla i remember there was some guy in the raid who were always afk in aq40/naxx for 3 4 bosses the whole time. Now you can detect them easily with addons and better screens but back then it wasnt that easy or nobody would think some1 just afking in the raid.