Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I genuinely feel sorry for the people who get butthurt when "the casuals" get considered. To be so mentally deficient that you get threatened by people having an easier time playing a game, and to think that is some kind of assault against your "man"hood. (In quotes because the hardcore no lifers playing the game aren't really men)

Need I remind the no lifers that Blizz said that without LFR, raiding would be radically different now? It was not an efficient use of resources to create such time consuming (to make) content if only a VERY small percentage of players got to play it? Between Dragon Soul and when I gave up on raiding ANYTHING (the last full sized raid that I completed even in LFR I believe was Highmaul), LFR is how I saw it.

If the fact that I saw it and got (quite inferior) gear SOMETIMES (a rant for another time) takes inches off of your e-peen...well, like I started this post, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Without the casuals, your dying shell of what it used to be game would have been on life support years ago and now the priest would be coming in to the ICU to administer last rites. As it is...at best he's at home getting the call that he should start making his way to the hospital.
    Last edited by JABoyle3875; 2021-09-13 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    This is kind of why I wish "dreamers" didn't really comment on features being developed. Like covenants players engaged in the harder content the game offers saw the flaws the second they saw the system but a lot of players built a fantasy version of the system in their heads and defended it.

While I doubt blizzard would listen regardless it always irks me when people treat game features like fantasy. Let people who crunch numbers work it out not people dreaming of some massively immersive system.
    Well, the best would be a mix of both, honestly. And, as one who's been in every beta, WoW has had, I do about 200-300 reports pr. beta minimum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    no ifs and no buts, this is what has killed the game.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong...you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong.

WoW has *always* supported casuals from the beginning of Vanilla design.

What has killed the game is that it became a cash-cow, and Blizz went extra strong down the cash-cow path which means they invest as little as possible into the game.

This is why every expansion after Wrath offered fewer dungeons, fewer raids, and increasing decay of new classes and races.

With MoP, they added only one race where they previously offered two...and, thus, half the starting zones, stories, etc. Now they only offer reskins as "races".

With Legion, they added only 2 specs to the new class. Now they may not bother to add any classes.

Garrisons, initially thought to be player housing, got gutted to the bone (both in terms of locations as well as customization allowed) to cut costs.

They tried cutting flying out entirely, not because of game balance or some such other PR BS notion, but because they wanted to spend even less on zone creations by not having to design fully 3-D to account for said flying. When player outrage was so high, they had to create excuses to give them time to finish completing the zones and thus pathfinder achievements were created to distract idiots from the truth...something they still leverage today so they can take longer to finish completing zones.

Stop blindly accepting Blizz corporate PR blaming players. Open your eyes and start accepting the truth. Blizz shafted WoW players in the name of money...the oldest and most common story in corporate America.

Definitely .. I logged in the other day and all casuals were running around in bis gear, all of them were gladiators and all of them have cleared the raids on mythic difficulty.

This OP really needs to get banned from these forums with these toxic threads.

I'm surprised this thread even lasted beyond 3 posts, lmao.

OP's proven he doesn't want to actually discuss anything.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, the best would be a mix of both, honestly. And, as one who's been in every beta, WoW has had, I do about 200-300 reports pr. beta minimum.
    Are they bug reports or analyzing features?

Bug reports are always useful and I know other people have a better eye for them then I do. I will never notice things like shadow or spell effects... I think the only bug I found during alpha/beta was that if you use a potion of inky blackness or other weather effect item the maldraxxus questline breaks as it relies on changing the weather to launch a quest.

When it comes to features I don't really think anymore but number crunches be a part of the discussion unless that feature offers no combat effects. Fantasy is great and all but we have had three expansions of failed power features that really need to be checked more then the fantasy elements.

I see casual as difficulty and I do think wow would be better off if it was harder. Not drastically so but lfr and arguably heroic dungeons no longer serve a purpose in the game.
    Exactly, what is the purpouse of normal and lfr? casuals head straight into heroic with there guilds mainly.

Same for torghast, what was the point of having 8 layers? just to make it easy enough for everyone to complete ON THE FIRST DAMN DAY.

what was the point of the other 7 levels?

that is where the casuals should be, in level 2/3/4 while the more serious hardcore experienced player could be running 5/6 while getting gear. EVERYONE IS PROGRESSING ENJOYING AS THEY CLIMB. its like blizzard knew this but completely bottled it when it come to telling the noobs to shut the f up and get good.

The resto druid in my guild "omg layer 8 is literally impossible this game is broken" i enter, keep one of the elites cycloned while i kill the other. you know. common sense that you will find in an old time hardcore gamer.....done.

Blizzard penalise the good players because of how bad and dumb the casuals are. because all the bads didnt have the game knowledge blizzard simplified then i could just not even need to cc i just faceroll it....like everything else in the game.... thanks casuals!
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-09-13 at 01:38 PM.

Casual players are their bread and butter. "Everyone else" consists of people with too high opinions about themselves and their importance.

The one expansion that shafted casuals almost spelled the death of the game.

no ifs and no buts, this is what has killed the game.

Hey! at least the casuals are having a good time, best expansion ever! right?!

Meanwhile all your good player friends havent logged in for 6months. must of just gotten burnt out.

Blizzard desperately need to stop accomadating the newer players and start thinking about the more experienced players because the new players are going to eventually......wait for it!!!!!.........................................

become experienced. and then what????

Unsub and come back in x point y to see if they added something good. sound familiar?
    It is not casual vs hardcore issue, not even close. The problem with the game, the reason why its limping to get to the shadowlands finish line is very simple, it sucks and it is boring for casual and hardcore alike.

Choreghast = failed. Covenants = failed. Timegated everything = failed. Borrow Powers = failed. Severely unbalanced classes in PVP and PVE = See druid vs pretty much anything. Legendary system = on fire dog shit. Best loot in game for MOST players = comes from your +14 +15 clear in a weekly chest = BORING AS FUK and more timegated bs.

The list goes on, yes some of these things were implemented with casuals in mind, but that is not the problem. Problem is all of these things suck and the new content is MEH at best and took way to long to come out.

you need a spreadsheet to find out what your best legendary is?

il give you a hint mate. if you m+ go to your rio page, click your rank, click page 1.

Look what the first 100 are using, that is the legendary that is best for you.

If you raid same applies. in raid the only difference between top parses and not are generally kill times, number of pi buffs and crit rng, everything else from soulbind selections to conduits to talents are predominantly exactly the same. you need spreadsheets? what do you put into these spreadsheets? lol

kinda backs up my theory that there are only casual players left.

Now back in the day when you had haste breakpoints? hit cap? a much deeper talent tree? stat weights would work off each other resulting in the other being more powerful the less you had of instead of the current system where abilities = stack crit. more crit = win.

There is your simplify.
    Relax, I play the game casually but I know more than I should about how to extract the information I need to get in this game.

and im not even playing the game now, so nah - not all casual players are left.

BTW - Most people do play wow casually. There aint millions of people doing m+ lvl 20 dungeon keys or clearing mythic raids. Most peopld dont care about that one bit, but thats whats left to do now to get somewhat decent gear. Looks like most people dont like it, so the hardcores are left grinding the same 20+ dungeons over and over again

Jesus christ you dont????
    Jesus Christ! I can’t believe it’s not butter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they bug reports or analyzing features?
    Everything from bug reports to suggestions of alteration, to correction of mistakes (spelling, location, etc), and feedback of features.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    I'm surprised this thread even lasted beyond 3 posts, lmao.

OP's proven he doesn't want to actually discuss anything.
    Well. The OP severely hates casuals and inexperienced players by the looks of other threads.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The majority of Video Game players are "casuals." If you make a game that only caters to the hardcore players, you are not going to have long term success with an MMORPG. This is why there is no "Hardcore MMO" in the top 5 or 10. People are not going to throw money at something that feels like a job. MMOs that don't cater to a more casual player base die quickly as you are appealing to a niche audience in a niche audience.

Casuals are the majority of players, by far. Without them, you don't have a game.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Relax, I play the game casually but I know more than I should about how to extract the information I need to get in this game.

and im not even playing the game now, so nah - not all casual players are left.

BTW - Most people do play wow casually. There aint millions of people doing m+ lvl 20 dungeon keys or clearing mythic raids. Most peopld dont care about that one bit, but thats whats left to do now to get somewhat decent gear. Looks like most people dont like it, so the hardcores are left grinding the same 20+ dungeons over and over again
    if you played +20 keys you would know they do, because blizzard made certain classes so viable in m+ these guys get invited to everything, 6k overall dps players is not unseen in +20keys on meta classes. people get invited for there overpoweredness which if you really think about it if they were good + overpowered.. why are they only in +20?

that classic case of bfa season 3 rogues having to look through there spellbook to find shroud, to then ask "where you want me to shroud" for them then to fuck it up and deplete the key. but still invited! every time!

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Jesus Christ, you think the game is catering to casuals?
    It's a fact. Gear has never been so easy for casuals to get. You can literally be mythic raid level ilvl without setting foot in a raid. There is no grind for the items that actually made you powerful. Heroic raiding is pointless. You're either the 2% that raid mythic, the so called elites or you are casual and you are handed gear that you don't deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well. The OP severely hates casuals and inexperienced players by the looks of other threads.
    I mean if you check his other threads, he's pretty casual lol. Judging by a lot of his logs he's pretty inexperienced as well. Pretty sure he bought his account.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Well not rly hardcore but a transition from a casual to a raider or a competive one atleast,for example i was one and when i saw valanyr or a shadowmourne player pass by it made me transform into one and become a raid leader myself at that time.See this right now? the level of inspiration it took at the moment,for me a casual at the time to realise what i had to do to get one shadowmourne or a epic peace ,the effort?This is the essence that lacks,casuals that want to transition cant.The casuals that want to remain casual will grow but they cant be the player base,since they are volatile and no matter what candy you throw at them they will quit no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    What was hardcore about vanilla, bc & wotlk? During WotLK wow reached casual heaven. Nothing about vanilla, bc & wotlk was "hardcore" or really difficult, atleast not the base game. There were challenges to do, but overall there were lots to do for everyone.

its the opposite now. Systems upon systems to grind, you need a spreadsheet to find out whats your best legendary and the stuff many wants is hidden behind rather high difficulty, its all about being a god damn meta-slave or you might aswell dont bother cause soon enough you read a brick wall of "LUL U NOT VENTYR LULZ".

You gotta farm gold like a madman to buy relevant stuff for your legendary - or just sell token(Blizz says hurray!).

This game is currently in a dark hole and the only ones playing are those still wanting to push mythic raiding or do high m+ keys. SHOCKING NEWS - Most people dont want that, so they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Game is catered to elitists and sucks because of it.
    Huh, now it is word against word, how could this happen?

if you played +20 keys you would know they do, because blizzard made certain classes so viable in m+ these guys get invited to everything, 6k overall dps players is not unseen in +20keys on meta classes. people get invited for there overpoweredness which if you really think about it if they were good + overpowered.. why are they only in +20?
    theres always been OP/FOTM classes in wow. Blizzard has probably never had a game were everything was perfectly balanced. So in any case the OP/FOTM classes will always be desired. Who doesnt want a rogue to just stealth through annoying trash packs? As an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    I mean if you check his other threads, he's pretty casual lol. Pretty sure he bought his account.
    I saw some of the newest, could not be bothered reading further when he was talking about permabanning new players/casuals/inexperienced people.