Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Forced? Crafting is optional. I didn't say it would be the absolute BIS. I said NEAR BIS. Also, it would be a good system for people who are actually playing the game and doing the raids as they come out. No need to add catch-up mechanics to crafting just to make some people feel good, of justified to not go back and do the actual content to earn the mats.
    there is no such thing as ''optional'',that idea is an illusion,if there is power to be gained in a game if you wanna be competitive you MUST do it,there no choice here,the choice is an illusion

Its about time we have a new profession in the game. Its been what, 4-5 expansions without the game getting a new profession?

What types of new professions could we see? If they introduce player housing to the game, maybe a carpentry profession, which you would need mats from that profession to build up your houses. Or maybe a wood cutting profession. A diplomacy profession would be cool that could give you reputation advantages and such, with certain factions.

Lets try to think outside the box as a community and come up with some cool new profession ideas!
    I've gotta say the present ones are in an utterly terrible shape, so maybe fix that first as at present they are a detriment to the game.

Now assuming that is fixed.

Then we would still need a conceptual niche to fill in addition to a lorewise one, so we would need a new game aspect to focus on.

Now i'm not a fan of the idea of housing, but it does offer opportunities in thus regard: Masonry and woodworking would be easy options.

One could be paired with herbalism, the other with mining.

Tadaa, new profession.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

please don't waste any resources on yet another shitty, useless profession

regarding your housing suggestion: let inscription be useful again by letting them craft house parts inspired by the us-cardboard-houses

Until they make inscription, archeology, and jewelcrafting relevant again, I'd say they shouldnt add anything new.

They need to revamp fishing to make it more engaging. A minigame or something would be better than the click while watching a movie. Or offer more fish when active vs passive if people enjoy that playstyle.

Archeology wasn't even updated for shadowlands which makes no dang sense. We can gather artifacts from literally every world there. They should make it so you get clues from dig sites that eventually lead you to a zone or dungeon where you reclaim a relic that is either gear or cosmetic reward. Have us fill another museum like WoD.

Inscription used to make mad gold. Bring back the glyph customization via class skins. Have it where inscription can make books that take a glyph of each class to construct that turns a class spells into another. Priest - alchemist. Druid - tinker (kill me for summoning the tinker squad to this thread). Shaman into dragonsworn, etc.

Heck, incorporate relics into that system and you can make some cool new quest chains that bridge professions and create fun solo content and allow us to play new classes without thr hassle of extra balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Until they make inscription, archeology, and jewelcrafting relevant again, I'd say they shouldnt add anything new.

They need to revamp fishing to make it more engaging. A minigame or something would be better than the click while watching a movie. Or offer more fish when active vs passive if people enjoy that playstyle.

Archeology wasn't even updated for shadowlands which makes no dang sense. We can gather artifacts from literally every world there. They should make it so you get clues from dig sites that eventually lead you to a zone or dungeon where you reclaim a relic that is either gear or cosmetic reward. Have us fill another museum like WoD.

Inscription used to make mad gold. Bring back the glyph customization via class skins. Have it where inscription can make books that take a glyph of each class to construct that turns a class spells into another. Priest - alchemist. Druid - tinker (kill me for summoning the tinker squad to this thread). Shaman into dragonsworn, etc.

Heck, incorporate relics into that system and you can make some cool new quest chains that bridge professions and create fun solo content and allow us to play new classes without thr hassle of extra balance.
    korthia felt like an attempt to revive archaeology - but then they made it open for everyone to make it look like more content

*kills you without hesitation for summoning the tinks*

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    i'd rather they fix the shit professions that are currently in the game before adding more considering the last 2 they added are all but dead
    I would say TBC was actually peak profession, with maybe Wrath following closely behind, at least the professions mattered in those expansions. Legion was cool if you made consumables but that's pretty much it. SL professions are almost null, if they removed the leggos and just had a vendor sell the base piece for 1k gold, it would be the same for everyone regardless. People without professions or with consumable professions are getting shafted by outrageous base leggo prices and people with the professions to make the leggo items are getting shafted when they go to buy for different slots, and balancing out when they sell a base leggo.

Well the rank 4 legendary items are akin to a bis weapon from TBC or Cata. But I do agree, it would be cool to see a hard to obtain / craft BIS or BIS equivalent weapon from crafting. I think the rank 3 stormhearld mace from TBC required mats from SSC / TK and BT / Hyjal. So that would be cool to do something similar.
    They are no where close to Rank 4 Legendary Items. Even the weapons at their most expensive (even if we put a value on some of the mats) are a fraction of what Rank 4 would be. This doesn't include the fact that you have to do Rank 1 - 3 (45 times first).

Its about time we have a new profession in the game. Its been what, 4-5 expansions without the game getting a new profession?

What types of new professions could we see? If they introduce player housing to the game, maybe a carpentry profession, which you would need mats from that profession to build up your houses. Or maybe a wood cutting profession. A diplomacy profession would be cool that could give you reputation advantages and such, with certain factions.

Lets try to think outside the box as a community and come up with some cool new profession ideas!

Cube Crawling

or maybe rework the Profession in the same mindset of Profession Jobs in FF14

Considering the last two expansions effectively removed two professions (First aid was literally removed in BfA and Archeaology was discontinued), i doubt it.

Which is ironic, Professions are a "System" and Blizzard has developed a Systemsfetish, but who cares about fixing old systems, that are very much a big part of an "RPG experience", when you can create new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    snip
    what does this have to do with anything i said?

considering that the current ones are useless the new one aint gonna do anything

The last profession they added was discontinued and although people usually cry about everything there was close to no complaints about that.

Adding another item crafting/enhancing profession will just take away recipes from the existing - and practically unused - professions.

And why you are finding that adding 20 "collect ten bear furs and then kill a boss in an dungeon" quests was giving immersion to professions is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    what does this have to do with anything i said?
    You said they were in a good state, and they aren't. You really don't need them. Your choice is to play and farm a little gold to buy what you need or to spend equal time to farm mats and have a profession.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    snip
    i love that i give u chance to correct ur mistake and u just double down. go reread the thread bud. you're replying to the wrong person cause i said no such thing. the professions in the game are shit.
    Last edited by Djanco; 2021-09-14 at 09:06 AM.

How about making profs good and useful first?
    It made me and my firends laugh when we tried SL for a few weeks we found out that by just learning Alchemy you will get 2x flask duration by having 1 skill without crafting single thing, LOL.
    I won't even mention total slaughtering of First Aid and Archeology and you want a new prof...?
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-09-14 at 09:16 AM.

they won't give out new ones they haven't for some time

I think it's a very exciting experience to choose a profession for the game. Game developers are doing a tremendous job. I respect your work. I recently realized that I want to do web design. My brother advised me to pay attention to this site Master Bundles I love that this source provides collections of any WordPress theme to create a website of any style. There are so many creative ideas here. This makes the job very easy. I think this is a godsend for new web designers.
    Last edited by Markerr; 2021-10-31 at 02:22 PM.

We don't need new professions, we need a crafting system that doesn't make professions either mandatory or irrelevant. I hate binaries like that, especially if it's a mindless grind filled with pointless chaff until max skill. There's GOT to be a way to make things more interesting.

Woodwork / Woodcraft if they ever decide to add Player housing, can also craft Staves and Bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Markerr View Post
    I have no idea, but it is really interesting.
    Here to advertise some more?