Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the only thing I'd like to see come back is the druid buff bear form because its an absolutely unique model that you cannot get any way

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd have preferred the old skins never be removed in addition to getting new skins now. Then again I feel like these kinds of rewards should really only be exclusive when their content is current. The "exclusivity" to me, is having them when they're fresh. I really don't care if everyone is farming it 2 expansions later. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Most of the people who don't want the skins to return only have a portion of them.

It's essentially them saying "I'd rather have less so you can have nothing."

The few that actually did 36/36 can be mad I guess if they were to return, but honestly content should either consistently be removed or never be removed (currently stuff is only removed if the devs are too lazy to figure out a way for it to remain a challenge in the future).
    I have 36/36 and wish it would return even if I won't play game. Simply because making FOMO content is stupid idea. One more reason for new people to not join wow.

Also declaring a content will be "time limited" doesn't make it any less FOMO nor does it excuses it. Imagine this:

Blizz: Next raid tier will be shitty.
    Players: OMG this raid tier is shitty! But blizzard said it would be so it's ok.

Designing time limited content is a good way to pull elitists to a game. People that takes joy of what you don't have instead of what they achieve. Now have fun playing with them.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I hate FOMO, quit removing content
    Hear hear!

FOMO just makes me not wanting to play because I get stressed or play too much and then burn out and then I play even less.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should've gotten them back then if you wanted, stop bitching ffs.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    The Mage Tower was never a "casual" friendly anything; to get the artifact appearances throughout most of the expansion, you had to be a really good player. They basically started giving them away almost for free toward the end of Legion, I got all three appearances on my scrub Horde warrior that I had made and leveled specifically (on the opposite faction!) to get them.

But oh-no Blizzard makes a patch that HATES CASUALS because they are opening up a CHALLENGE MODE with DIFFERENT REWARDS even though the rest of the patch helps to FIX most of the CUMBERSOME SYSTEMS that have plagued SL from the start.

Jeez, dude, get some perspective.
    This. Mage tower was hard when it was released. It eventually fell to the power creep to a point where a player who never played a class could achieve it (except maybe for Agatha who was a true damage check compared to Xyram or God Queen) but at the beginning it wasn't easy. The limited attempts didn't help too.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I have 36/36 and wish it would return even if I won't play game. Simply because making FOMO content is stupid idea. One more reason for new people to not join wow.

Also declaring a content will be "time limited" doesn't make it any less FOMO nor does it excuses it. Imagine this:

Blizz: Next raid tier will be shitty.
    Players: OMG this raid tier is shitty! But blizzard said it would be so it's ok.

Designing time limited content is a good way to pull elitists to a game. People that takes joy of what you don't have instead of what they achieve. Now have fun playing with them.
    I'll never cease to be amused by the frankly Olympic level mental gymnastics you go through to paint literally everything Blizzard does with this game in the most negative light possible. It's impressive how much time and effort you put into supporting your negative opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Should've gotten them back then if you wanted, stop bitching ffs.
    This.

I didn't get all of them back then.. i got about 10 of them. I don't deserve to have the rest now because i didn't earn it when it was in the game, and relevant content. The developers even gave me ample warning and time to obtain them, i just choose not to because I didn't care, and I don't play those other classes enough to justify the time sink to get them.

I feel like these altoholics need to go to AA meetings and get a grip on their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid change. I don't need no mage tower. I need artifact skins and other rare rewards. Mage tower by itself was one of the worse WoW feature in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Stupid change. I don't need no mage tower. I need artifact skins and other rare rewards. Mage tower by itself was one of the worse WoW feature in ages.
    Yeah... how dare Blizzard not give you the rewards you want from a feature you... hated anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    go ahead and quit in protest
    Who needs a playerbase anymore, anyway.

My guild is dead, my faction is dead, my server is half empty, fuck it all, right? He has a complaint and you cant handle that so lets just let the game remain in a trash state forever while another MMO in the depths of a fucking **EXPANSION LULL** steam rolls it.

I dont understand why some of you feel entitled to mage tower skins. They weren't the first time sensitive rewards and they wont be the last. "The faceless" title was pretty faceroll towards the end of BFA and that sure as hell wont be back ever. At least we're getting recolors from the new mage tower be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    Who needs a playerbase anymore, anyway.

My guild is dead, my faction is dead, my server is half empty, fuck it all, right? He has a complaint and you cant handle that so lets just let the game remain in a trash state forever while another MMO in the depths of a fucking **EXPANSION LULL** steam rolls it.
    lol ffxiv.

The only reason people are claiming ffxiv is a gift from God is because they haven't played it before and its new and shiny. As soon as that wears off, and new content for WoW drops, can you guess where those players will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There is no official source. Since Blizzard is completely silent on this, they could as well just put something on datamining, watch discussions about it and THEN decide if bringing Mage Tower is good idea and what should be reward.

Imo good compromise would be just recolored weapon from original Mage Tower - people who want exclusive stuff would keep it, people who want unique model would get it, Blizzard wouldn't break word about MT weapons going away, people would done MT in Legion would have something to do.

T20 recolor creates another problem:
    - is this reward for single MT scenario? some scenarios are very easy compared to others (worm, Agatha with better gear), that would make Tank/Heal challenges dead.
    - do you have to complete all scenarios? that would make it piss easy on DPS classes, especially Druid would be screwed up.

yea fair point, i fine with both og weapons and weapon recolors for it (i have 21 appearances last time i counted)

You know, I'd be fine with a compromise. Give the mage tower weapon skin with a new additional color scheme BUT NOT the original ones.

No more, no less. The original MT skins were time sensitive rewards that should remain that way just like all the other time sensitive rewards throughout warcraft's entire lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Casuals had a lot of time during legion to earn those skins. It's good that they are not coming back.
    Attitudes like this I just don’t get. I was deployed during the patch/end of legion and didn’t even get a chance to attempt them. Been playing since 08. No company should remove appearances, you keep the challenge there and scale it down. To keep it fair.

14 does this with Relic weapons. Super long process, but sweet appearances. Removing shit from a game scarce of current stuff to do is just stupid at this point.

But keep being toxic I guess

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    Attitudes like this I just don’t get. I was deployed during the patch/end of legion and didn’t even get a chance to attempt them. Been playing since 08. No company should remove appearances, you keep the challenge there and scale it down. To keep it fair.

14 does this with Relic weapons. Super long process, but sweet appearances. Removing shit from a game scarce of current stuff to do is just stupid at this point.

I didn't play during vanille - early TBC and will never have access to any time sensitive rewards from those eras, and that's okay. Asking for MT skins is asking for EVERYTHING that's been time sensitive to return and thus loose the value they hold. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post

FFXIV will sell you the transmog after it goes away for $$ though. And there have been people in this very thread arguing that this is perfectly fine. But the way Blizzard does it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    FFXIV will sell you the transmog after it goes away for $$ though. And there have been people in this very thread arguing that this is perfectly fine. But the way Blizzard does it is wrong.
    Buying it is wrong too. Leave time sensitive rewards alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Why are people scared of "casual" content I mean honestly we are playing games. Being "hardcore" about it is not an honor badge in any sense. Comparing your own progress to other players progress is also pointless af. Regardless of how much you progress or not its irrelevant to anyone else around you because 1. you never play with them 2. even when you do its a temporary interaction lasting 1 dungeon/BG/arena/raid.

As for the rewards being shit, yeah thats blizzard being lazy because I really can't believe they are incapable of providing some enticing skins to convince players to undertake the effort to do some timed shit.

Mage Tower was cool because of rewards not because you could beat a content by watching a video how to do it. And yeah it was as casual as it gets provided you could use a mouse while playing.
    They became casual once everybody had Antorus gear and boosted Artifacts and Relics from the Crucible. When the MT released and most people were in N/H Nighthold gear they were far more challenging, and were intended to be a challenge given that they're called challenge skins. I remember tons of hate for the tank challenge in particular, which was pretty difficult for some classes even in good NH gear. It died down when you could do a bit of raiding, zone in and obliterate the bosses easily.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.