Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Over the past 2 weeks there have been many, many, instances on social media of posts alleging to be from military that are supposedly resigning rather than get a COVID shot. In nearly every case, the social media posts upon fact checking have turned out to be very lazy fakes. The posts used incorrect titles that don't exist, people that had already retired years ago, dates that don't even match up to the claims, etc.

So the question is why are people lying and faking resignations, and doing it a lot? It is in order to try to build support for an argument that other people wouldn't otherwise support. An argument that takes lying and misinformation to support it is in the wrong. Anti-vaxxers were hoping there would be mass military resignations over the COVID shot to support their fantasy that the majority doesn't want it. That didn't happen because most people believe in science, they understand that that *180 MILLION* people worldwide have been vaccinated without issues, that it helps reduce the effects/duration/spread of COVID, and that nearly 5 million worldwide have been killed by it so it is a real disease. They also understand it's FDA approved now, and has been in use for ~1.5 years, so this isn't even new anymore or something just starting to undergo testing. I've heard anti-vaxxers claim the vaccinated would all die in 9 months from getting it, and we're already way past that for millions that got it in 2020, debunking that too. Trump confirmed he and Melania were fully vaccinated in December 2020 before leaving office, so even he's more than 9 months out. When an argument can't be supported by facts or reason, then using misinformation like fake resignations or fabricating baseless conspiracy theories is all people have.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-09-13 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Got any links? I was hoping she’d face consequences for her shit behavior.
    No official verification, but this article summarises what can be known neatly.

https://meaww.com/erica-casher-nurse...er-death-covid

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The anti Vaxers know no bounds...

Apparently lady in the front was identified and worked for Cigna. Worked, because much like the crazy lady coughing on people in the store recently, she got her ass canned.

I'm incredibly supportive of these types of responses. Act like an inhuman, disrespectful piece of shit, get dropped by your employer who doesn't want the national attention for employing an inhuman, disrespectful piece of shit.

Laughing because the kids grandmother died, just...man, remember when this Death Cult claimed that they were the party of love and compassion and family values? Those were the days, eh?

California Reff is 0.8.

Twelve counties are between 0.9 and 1.0, and one (Alpine) is 1.17. Alpine has a very small population of less than 15,000.

The major counties are at 0.8 or lower, Santa Clara 0.69, San Francisco 0.77, Los Angeles 0.69, San Diego 0.8, OC 0.73. At the current rate, SF will hit its lowest pandemic case and hospitalization by the end of September with hospitalization in the teens or even single digit, and new cases per 100,000 in the teens also.

No Labor Day uptick so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I hope you are right and for the childs sake they don't have kids then lol
    The woman in the video was fired for her mockery of the child that is obviously smarter than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Over the past 2 weeks there have been many, many, instances on social media of posts alleging to be from military that are supposedly resigning rather than get a COVID shot. In nearly every case, the social media posts upon fact checking have turned out to be very lazy fakes. The posts used incorrect titles that don't exist, people that had already retired years ago, dates that don't even match up to the claims, etc.

So the question is why are people lying and faking resignations, and doing it a lot? It is in order to try to build support for an argument that other people wouldn't otherwise support. An argument that takes lying and misinformation to support it is in the wrong. Anti-vaxxers were hoping there would be mass military resignations over the COVID shot to support their fantasy that the majority doesn't want it. That didn't happen because most people believe in science, they understand that that *180 MILLION* people worldwide have been vaccinated without issues, that it helps reduce the effects/duration/spread of COVID, and that nearly 5 million worldwide have been killed by it so it is a real disease. They also understand it's FDA approved now, and has been in use for ~1.5 years, so this isn't even new anymore or something just starting to undergo testing. I've heard anti-vaxxers claim the vaccinated would all die in 9 months from getting it, and we're already way past that for millions that got it in 2020, debunking that too. Trump confirmed he and Melania were fully vaccinated in December 2020 before leaving office, so even he's more than 9 months out. When an argument can't be supported by facts or reason, then using misinformation like fake resignations or fabricating baseless conspiracy theories is all people have.
    This is the best news I've heard all day (ok it's been a bad news day).

What it means is that a fairly sizable proportion of the anti-vaxxers are just flat out trouble makers rather than "concerned citizens". Oh there are a lot of them, but it's not the norm. They are destroying the culture of the US, but are having a lot less success than the media portrays.

I saw a headline, and the story was "Football fans across the country break into a chant of Fuck Joe Biden."

Well I stopped reading, but after a while went back to it, could not find it, and then finally did a search for it.

Basically it was only reported by far right propaganda organizations, and one twitter thread said it all. At one place the comment was WOW THAT'S 20 PEOPLE.

So basically there are groups trying to make this a thing. Apparently they had little chant groups in week 1, and a few more in week 2. Well organized, along with news reporters and twitter feeds read and phone cameras to make it seem more than it is.

Right now groups like Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are doing what they can to make anti-vaccine and anti-mask issues alive. It keeps Americans hating each other. But it seems a lot less prevalent than I was thinking.

I think they will do a lot more damage to the US. But with luck and persistence and hard work I think they can be defeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Laughing because the kids grandmother died, just...man, remember when this Death Cult claimed that they were the party of love and compassion and family values? Those were the days, eh?
    Have those things ever meant anything? They are euphemisms (now), like "Securing Jobs" (Fuck Mexicans) or "States Rights" (Fuck minorities, and women).
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Coutesy of Dr. Ashish K. Jha and why we shouldn't put a DeSantis clone as California's governor.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lin-w...b0628d095e76e9

And that dumb lady whose family sued a hospital, demanding that the hospital treat her with ivermectin despite there being zero medical reason, is now the target of harassment and death threats following the death of the anti-vax moron from covid.

Feds need to go after these nutters hard. Health care workers and administrative staff are already overworked, stressed out, and their empathy tanks are running on empty for these folks. They don't need a deluge of death threats on top of having covid denying assholes angrily screaming that there's no covid and vaccines are fake and they just need some horse dewormer. Or at least they would be screaming that if they didn't have a tube down their throat feeding them oxygen and keeping them alive.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/policy/transport...-employees-got

Apparently placing a financial burden on people will motivate them to get vaccinated. Delta Airlines added a $200 monthly surcharge to their health care plan for unvaccinated employees - makes sense given that they're voluntarily placing themselves at higher risk of illness.

This has motivated 4K out of the 20K unvaxxinated employees to start getting the jab. I guess peoples ideologically driven believes are only worth a few hundred a month, that's extremely, extremely cheap.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lin-w...b0628d095e76e9

And that dumb lady whose family sued a hospital, demanding that the hospital treat her with ivermectin despite there being zero medical reason, is now the target of harassment and death threats following the death of the anti-vax moron from covid.

Feds need to go after these nutters hard. Health care workers and administrative staff are already overworked, stressed out, and their empathy tanks are running on empty for these folks. They don't need a deluge of death threats on top of having covid denying assholes angrily screaming that there's no covid and vaccines are fake and they just need some horse dewormer. Or at least they would be screaming that if they didn't have a tube down their throat feeding them oxygen and keeping them alive.
    I'm at the point where I say give any anti-vaxx adult whatever they want. They want horse medication? Give it to them. They want hydroxychloroquine? Give it to them. They want to guzzle a cup of bleach? Give it to them. Give it to them and let them just fucking die already if that's what happens. We have an incredible opportunity to weed out the worthless and annoying from the gene pool simply by giving them exactly what they want and we're not taking advantage of it.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I'm at the point where I say give any anti-vaxx adult whatever they want. They want horse medication? Give it to them. They want hydroxychloroquine? Give it to them. They want to guzzle a cup of bleach? Give it to them. Give it to them and let them just fucking die already if that's what happens. We have an incredible opportunity to weed out the worthless and annoying from the gene pool simply by giving them exactly what they want and we're not taking advantage of it.
    But they're going to give it to their kids, too...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    As somebody who was in the military, all they do is tell you that you're government property lol. You hear jokes all the time about how you could get an article 15 just for getting a sunburn since that's technically destruction of govt property.

You have no choice about the vaccines they shove into you. I was given God only knows how many vaccines when Anthrax was a huge scare, as well as when we were deploying to Africa and Iraq a couple times. It was never a choice or a request, it was ''hey this afternoon go get in line to get your vaccines before you can leave the motor pool today"
    Don't argue with her. Iirc she is a military dependent and thus knows more about how things work than us actual vets.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The woman in the video was fired for her mockery of the child that is obviously smarter than her.
    Fired? Why not prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    Fired? Why not prison?
    Because being a heartless cunt in public and mocking children isn't against the law, it's just a CLM (Career Limiting Move).

5+ Year Old Account
    Because being a heartless cunt in public and mocking children isn't against the law, it's just a CLM (Career Limiting Move).
    It should be regarded as severe harassment in my opinion. ^^

Reminds me of Jennifer and Scott Petkov. They were cruelly taunting a 7yr old dying of Huntington's disease. The same thing that killed her mother. The Petkovs found out the hard way that being pieces of shit has consequences especially when the public finds out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-vaxxers are the middle aged version of clout chasers.

Between Zoomers and GenX, Millenials are looking like the only reasonable generation left in the country.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Anti-vaxxers are the middle aged version of clout chasers.

Between Zoomers and GenX, Millenials are looking like the only reasonable generation left in the country.
    That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You're acting like there aren't stupid people of all ages.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You're acting like there aren't stupid people of all ages.
    I was being facetious.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I was being facetious.
    Oh, I... well... okay. I guess I can un-pretzel my brain now. Apologies.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils