Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I like how the article specifically mentions that the students asked her about two recent clearly political decisions and her response was to dodge the question.
    Not surprising in the least. If the Republicans were in the Matrix the agents wouldn't be able to hit them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've mentioned the latest book before written by Grisham, no not that one the former aide to Melania. Well, there's a particularly damning section.

During the Jan 6th murderous insurrection, Grisham asked Melania if she wanted to make a statement -- with a very leading question.

Do you want to tweet that peaceful protests are the right of every American, but there is no place for lawlessness and violence?
    Melania's response was

No
    Melania instead had a photo shoot of a rug she'd picked out. Yes, she was picking out furnishings for the White House after losing the election. Grisham has been clear that Melania echoes Trump's statements that the election was rigged.

"Well if Grisham felt that strongly, why didn't she resign in protest?"

She did within hours. Melania would later make a statement, but it was Jan 11th.

Naturally, Team Trump has already commented along the lines of "anyone who says mean things about Trump is lying" which at this point is actually considered confirmation of the story. Grisham does appear to be playing the same "I was the only sane person in the White House" angle that other book authors have played. I'd feel more empathy towards her, if she hadn't stuck with Trump from 2015 till Jan 6th before deciding murderous insurrection was the line she wouldn't cross. I mean, I'm glad a thief who doesn't murder isn't a murderer, but they're still a thief.

If they really wanted to motivate people to get the vaccine, they should have tied the last stimulus check to getting fully vaccinated.

Not vaccinated, you don't get stimulus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    If they really wanted to motivate people to get the vaccine, they should have tied the last stimulus check to getting fully vaccinated.
    I've also heard people suggesting that child tax credit thing only going to vaccinated parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I've also heard people suggesting that child tax credit thing only going to vaccinated parents.
    At the very least, people who refuse to get vaccinated (not those that can't for medical reasons) should be last on the list for hospital care. If you don't trust the medical community when they advise vaccination, then you shouldn't trust to get medical care when you get sick from something you could have easily prevented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump going head to head with W has been amazing.

So interesting to watch former President Bush, who is responsible for getting us into the quicksand of the Middle East (and then not winning!), as he lectures us that terrorists on the ‘right’ are a bigger problem than those from foreign countries that hate America, and that are pouring into our Country right now.

If that is so, why was he willing to spend trillions of dollars and be responsible for the death of perhaps millions of people? He shouldn’t be lecturing us about anything,
    I have no reason to defend W, and in fact I'm not. W was the one who decided to stay in Afghanistan after all. But Trump doesn't get out of a disingenuous argument just because he's attacking W.

W was talking about the level of domestic terror now. Say what you want about W's handling of Afghanistan and Iraq, there was no murderous insurrection on W's watch. In W's tenure I'm sure there were more Klan rallies than we needed (aka "more than zero") but we didn't have literal torch-carrying Nazis running over people in the street.

Oh, and *ahem* W was re-elected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    At the very least, people who refuse to get vaccinated (not those that can't for medical reasons) should be last on the list for hospital care.
    I legit think doctors aren't allowed to do this.

W was talking about the level of domestic terror now. Say what you want about W's handling of Afghanistan and Iraq, there was no murderous insurrection on W's watch. In W's tenure I'm sure there were more Klan rallies than we needed (aka "more than zero") but we didn't have literal torch-carrying Nazis running over people in the street.
    Dubya got elected in the first place due in part to a bunch of right wing goons trying to tamper with the 2000 election so he really shouldn’t be throwing stones.

He also got the perfect scapegoat to give social conservatives something to be angry at outside the US. Right wing terrorism incidents started increasing after 2005 after the economy started to falter and people were figuring out the Iraq war was horseshit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump going head to head with W has been amazing.

I have no reason to defend W, and in fact I'm not. W was the one who decided to stay in Afghanistan after all. But Trump doesn't get out of a disingenuous argument just because he's attacking W.

Oh, and *ahem* W was re-elected.
    W will probably be the last sane GQP President we'll see. With Tom Cotton in the wings and Trump in his fifth year of playing president, the odds of a rational candidate winning out in the charnel-house of fuckwits the GQP pushes to the top are slim and none, and slim is out of town attending the Capital Insurrection Post-Rally.

They are not.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/proje...out-of-165000/

"Intelligence outfit" Project Veritas got had. Someone's in their emails, and spoofed an email from their lawyers as part of a chain about PV paying their lawyers $165K.

Credit to the fraudsters for being fast since this appears to have happened in real time as PV and their lawyers were in discussion over email. But not a great look when you get a sudden email from your lawyers changing the account to deposit the funds into without doing a cursory double check of the sender to ensure that it is actually your lawyers.

I see they continue to set the bar for private intelligence outfits. It's low, but they're sure setting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.dailydot.com/debug/proje...out-of-165000/

"Intelligence outfit" Project Veritas got had. Someone's in their emails, and spoofed an email from their lawyers as part of a chain about PV paying their lawyers $165K.

Credit to the fraudsters for being fast since this appears to have happened in real time as PV and their lawyers were in discussion over email. But not a great look when you get a sudden email from your lawyers changing the account to deposit the funds into without doing a cursory double check of the sender to ensure that it is actually your lawyers.

I see they continue to set the bar for private intelligence outfits. It's low, but they're sure setting it.
    Considering how much damage Project Veritas has done to our democracy, I call this a down payment.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    A quick note on Mike Lindell. He started working for Trump long before the 2020 election. During 2019/2020 he used his own private jet to ferry Diamond and Silk (remember them?) from Trump rally to Trump rally aggressively campaigning for Trump. After Trump lost, Lindell started his sketch-level comedy routine of pushing nonsense election fraud conspiracy ideas with his Charlie Kelly whiteboard. But that wasn't new, Lindell has been a platinum club member in the Trumpism grift for a long time.

Not a fan of Bush, but this article sure makes Bush out to be heroic with his recent speech.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hz1?li=BBorjTa

Title: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hz1?li=BBorjTa

"In the weeks and months following the 9/11 attacks, I was proud to lead an amazing, resilient, united people. When it comes to the unity of America, those days seem distant from our own. A malign force seems at work in our common life that turns every disagreement into an argument, and every argument into a clash of cultures. So much of our politics has become a naked appeal to anger, fear and resentment. That leaves us worried about our nation and our future together."
    This almost makes unity to be a bad thing since this unity got us into our Middle East wars. On the other hand, that much unity is one heck of a lot better than the pile of hatred we are currently experiencing. And "malign" really is a good adjective for those pushing this narrative. After all, the anti-mask anti-vaccine movement is now self-sustaining, but the core of it started small and was carefully nurtured.

I hope the following really is an accurate transcript, and was spoken with the way it sounds.

"On America's day of trial and grief, I saw millions of people instinctively grab for a neighbor's hand and rally to the cause of one another. That is the America I know.

"At a time when religious bigotry might have flowed freely, I saw Americans reject prejudice and embrace people of Muslim faith. That is the nation I know.

"At a time when nativism could have stirred hatred and violence against people perceived as outsiders, I saw Americans reaffirm their welcome to immigrants and refugees. That is the nation I know.

"At a time when some viewed the rising generation as individualistic and decadent, I saw young people embrace an ethic of service and rise to selfless action. That is the nation I know.

"This is not mere nostalgia; it is the truest version of ourselves. It is what we have been -- and what we can be again."
    I don't remember it quite like that - what I remember is angry people talking about using US nukes to turn the entire Middle East to glass. I spent the original 9/11 trying talk to people down from this at least a little. The only argument that penetrated even a bit was one about the nuclear fallout making Israel uninhabitable.

But the vision that he speaks about is a good vision. And it IS something to work towards and to fight for. It's good that a prominent person was up to the task of making these visions heard.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2021-09-13 at 08:43 PM.

I didn't say doctors should deny treatment. But in crisis situations they can prioritize the neediest and most critical cases (triage) before others. I don't think anti-vaxxers who get sick are critical cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Not a fan of Bush, but this article sure makes Bush out to be heroic with his recent speech.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hz1?li=BBorjTa

Title: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...hz1?li=BBorjTa

This almost makes unity to be a bad thing since this unity got us into our Middle East wars. On the other hand, that much unity is one heck of a lot better than the pile of hatred we are currently experiencing. And "malign" really is a good adjective for those pushing this narrative. After all, the anti-mask anti-vaccine movement is now self-sustaining, but the core of it started small and was carefully nurtured.

I hope the following really is an accurate transcript, and was spoken with the way it sounds.

I don't remember it quite like that - what I remember is angry people talking about using US nukes to turn the entire Middle East to glass. I spent the original 9/11 trying talk to people down from this at least a little. The only argument that penetrated even a bit was one about the nuclear fallout making Israel uninhabitable.

But the vision that he speaks about is a good vision. And it IS something to work towards and to fight for. It's good that a prominent person was up to the task of making these visions heard.
    You know, I had the exact same conversation at the time with a fellow coworker. And much like yourself, the only thing that got through was when I pointed out that if you nuke the ME, that radiation spread pretty much everywhere. Had to tell him that he would be irradiated himself(if a big enough bomb is used). Worked too. He never brought it up again.

- - - Updated - - -

While doctors can't do that, hospitals can keep delaying care if it isn't critical if they are waiting in the emergency room until said people leave. They just cannot state the reason why other then no beds are available at this time.

However, no matter the reason, I wouldn't want a hospital or doctor to pick and choose who they can take care of in an emergency setting or delay their care outside of a triage scenerio. It sets a bad precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    However, no matter the reason, I wouldn't want a hospital or doctor to pick and choose who they can take care of in an emergency setting or delay their care outside of a triage scenerio. It sets a bad precedent.
    I think even in a triage scenario, they still aren’t going to decide based on who is or is not vaccinated. They will still base it on who is more likely to survive with medical treatment, if you are stable you go home, if you are probably going to die soon, you’re sol

Two Staffers Die of COVID at Kentucky Elementary School in Two Weeks, Others Hospitalized

As I've said before, we'll keep seeing these stories.

Man dies after 43 hospitals turned him away in COVID surge, family says
    Texas Girl, 4, With COVID Dies in Her Sleep, Had No Pre-existing Conditions

And these two stories demonstrate why we can't just let the anti-vaxxers "kill themselves". Their anti-science selfishness is killing others as well. Fuck Trump for normalizing willful ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    I think even in a triage scenario, they still aren’t going to decide based on who is or is not vaccinated. They will still base it on who is more likely to survive with medical treatment
    Which, incidentally, will usually be the vaccinated people.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Two Staffers Die of COVID at Kentucky Elementary School in Two Weeks, Others Hospitalized

As I've said before, we'll keep seeing these stories.

Man dies after 43 hospitals turned him away in COVID surge, family says
    Texas Girl, 4, With COVID Dies in Her Sleep, Had No Pre-existing Conditions

And these two stories demonstrate why we can't just let the anti-vaxxers "kill themselves". Their anti-science selfishness is killing others as well. Fuck Trump for normalizing willful ignorance.
    The girl that was 4, her mother was an anti-vaxxer, and she passed it on to her daughter, and basically killed her, so now she is going on the whole woe is me, why didn't I listen to people tour. I feel sorry for the 4 year old, but fuck the mom. She is a piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    why didn't I listen to people
    I assume she doesn't want to hear "because you believed some person on the internet who said it was a microchip Chinese hoax sign of the beast, and not your doctor".

said it was a microchip Chinese hoax sign of the beast, and not your doctor".
    Yuppie claimed this very thing here not long ago.
    Sans /s