Poll: Should Blood Elves get San'layn options?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Here's what's bullshit. Blood elves can get high elf options. Yeah, the fel crack eating ones who kicked out the ones who refused the fel crack can look like the ones they exiled. So if blood elves can get high elf options, void elves should also get San'layn options if blood elves got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    This is objectively false.

They are blood elves, they were just transformed into vampires. Its in the lore.

It's sad you decided to post this "truth" without the entire truth of it.

They became vampires after they were KILLED and raised into UNDEATH.

You are purposely misconstruing the lore, and citing it as "false" when you are purposely leaving out the entire point.

By your logic, Draenei should get Man'ari Eredar customization because "they were just transformed" and Night Elves should get Druid of the Flame customization because "they were just transformed" .... so no basis of logic or if it makes sense, right?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    No. Enough crappy elf offshoots.

Too many crappy elf offshoots. Destroy half of them!
    if anything this would help prevent further elf races
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    It's sad you decided to post this "truth" without the entire truth of it.

They became vampires after they were KILLED and raised into UNDEATH.

You are purposely misconstruing the lore, and citing it as "false" when you are purposely leaving out the entire point.

By your logic, Draenei should get Man'ari Eredar customization because "they were just transformed" and Night Elves should get Druid of the Flame customization because "they were just transformed" .... so no basis of logic or if it makes sense, right?
    I mean, that does make the argument that man'ari and druids of the flame could be playable.

Whatever lore litmus test we apply to define what is a "new" race/subrace will always be heavily weighted by gameplay concerns, such is the case with DH and DK both ostensibly having very differing biology from their main races.

If the easiest way to make San'layn playable is as extended BE customization options, it's possible, since we already see how certain class combos already defy prescriptive categorization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    if anything this would help prevent further elf races
    Indeed, if we consolidate any elven offshoots within the current playable races, there's no need to add them as actual new races.

People that hate elves sure do seem to miss this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean, that does make the argument that man'ari and druids of the flame could be playable.

Whatever lore litmus test we apply to define what is a "new" race/subrace will always be heavily weighted by gameplay concerns, such is the case with DH and DK both ostensibly having very differing biology from their main races.

If the easiest way to make San'layn playable is as extended BE customization options, it's possible, since we already see how certain class combos already defy prescriptive categorization.
    "San'layn" and "Dark Ranger" options could be 1 of the same and work well. If you roll a Blood Elf Hunter with red eyes & pale white, -Voldemort- skin tones with red eyes, then your a Dark Ranger.
    If you decide to roll a Blood Elf Shadow Priest, with red eyes and dark/sickly green skin tones, then your a "San'layn Shadow Priest."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So long as you realize you're never playing a real San'layn.

Yeah just like how blond pale void elves aren't actually high elves.

Which is fine.

Belves can get a revendreth questline that rewards sanlyan skins similar to black nelf eyes.

Lore wise the reliquary could unearth some artifact that exposes them to some kind of magic that makes them look like sanlyan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Here's what's bullshit. Blood elves can get high elf options. Yeah, the fel crack eating ones who kicked out the ones who refused the fel crack can look like the ones they exiled. So if blood elves can get high elf options, void elves should also get San'layn options if blood elves got it.
    Belves got blue eyes since th sunwell is holy and arcane. It makes more sense lore for them to have that look than it is for velves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    "San'layn" and "Dark Ranger" options could be 1 of the same and work well. If you roll a Blood Elf Hunter with red eyes & pale white, -Voldemort- skin tones with red eyes, then your a Dark Ranger.
    If you decide to roll a Blood Elf Shadow Priest, with red eyes and dark/sickly green skin tones, then your a "San'layn Shadow Priest."
    Basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

Which is fine.

Belves can get a revendreth questline that rewards sanlyan skins similar to black nelf eyes.
    Almost like that was the goddamn joke jfc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Almost like that was the goddamn joke jfc.
    Well you make it seem in the Helf mega thread that you think blond pale velves are actually high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

Which is fine.

Lore wise the reliquary could unearth some artifact that exposes them to some kind of magic that makes them look like sanlyan.

- - - Updated - - -

Belves got blue eyes since th sunwell is holy and arcane. It makes more sense lore for them to have that look than it is for velves.
    some void elf players are just using it as a skin for high elf characters, anyway.

Nah. Id rather Forsaken get pointy elf ears since they are actually undead and Blood Elves are...not.

Since Velonara and the other dark rangers decided to stay in the Horde at the end of bfa, I would like to see a darkfallen race. It would make more sense for me

Not personally fussed because wouldn't play one, but sure, why not... more options for everyone who wants them. Hardly game/lore-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    After so much buzz about new customization options, I thought it would be interesting to see just how desirable San'layn options for Blood Elves are. These options would include red eyes and undead skin tones.

Is this something you are interested in? Or would something else be better for Blood Elves?
    I do not want San'layn options at all, in fact i'd rather they not mangle lore any more at this point.
    Honestly i'd rather see huge, spiky overpowered gnomes delivering edgy oneliners before i'd like seeing San'layn playable.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.