View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    A week ago this was going to happen and companies had enough time to get ready.
    Now they are pushing it 3 and 6 months further ahead a mere 2 weeks before it was set to go into effect because it turns out companies were entirely not ready.
    Meanwhile the EU has been having these checks since January.

Almost like all of us telling Dribbles that the EU was ready for a no-deal exit and the UK wasn't were right...
    That's not even the worst part, the UK government is claiming their preparations are proceeding on schedule and blames the pandemic for this, even though the EU has been able to operate checks on traffic out of the UK since January now.

From the BBC link above:
    "The government's own preparations, in terms of systems, infrastructure and resourcing, remain on track to meet that timetable," she said, in a written Commons statement.

"However, the pandemic has had longer-lasting impacts on businesses, both in the UK and in the European Union, than many observers expected in March.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-09-14 at 02:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Brexit: Checks on goods imported from the EU delayed again

This whole "take back control of borders" thing continues to go absolutely swimmingly for the UK.
    It's delivering the Brexit promised and not hard to understand, a perfect example...

The EU said no to bendy bananas and when in the EU the UK were forced to comply with those standards at high costs to the consumer. Now having left the EU you can send as many visually imperfect bendies our way if you like, a brexit benefit with cheaper produce, we won't check their curvature complies with silly legislation that is irrelevant so long as they are tasty and edible. If they are inedible that puts power back in the hands of the consumer, another brexit benefit, who just won't buy them.

The EU bendy banana busybody inspectors are now redundant in the UK. Another brexit benefit. These Brexit benefits go on and on and it's wonderful to see you eurochums highlighting the UK liberation from 1000's of silly and pointless EU rules.

I think there's a hint of jealousy in that some of you don't enjoy the freedoms that British people do with Brexit now delivered. Don't despair, campaign for your own in/out referendum and set yourselves free from the EU, that's what I did. I can tell you the result is fabulous!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It's delivering the Brexit promised and not hard to understand, a perfect example...

The EU said no to bendy bananas and when in the EU the UK were forced to comply with those standards at high costs to the consumer. Now having left the EU you can send as many visually imperfect bendies our way if you like, a brexit benefit with cheaper produce, we won't check their curvature complies with silly legislation that is irrelevant so long as they are tasty and edible. If they are inedible that puts power back in the hands of the consumer, another brexit benefit, who just won't buy them.

The EU bendy banana busybody inspectors are now redundant in the UK. Another brexit benefit. These Brexit benefits go on and on and it's wonderful to see you eurochums highlighting the UK liberation from 1000's of silly and pointless EU rules.

I think there's a hint of jealousy in that some of you don't enjoy the freedoms that British people do with Brexit now delivered. Don't despair, campaign for your own in/out referendum and set yourselves free from the EU, that's what I did. I can tell you the result is fabulous!
    So you have delays on goods because you don't check them?

Sure, that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Jesus christ, you will do anything you can to try to spin anything bad about Brexit as a positive. All the way from Australia.

The EU said no to bendy bananas
    *Loud annoying buzzer*

I'm sorry, but you appear to be repeating one of the tired old lies often trotted out by Brexiteers when they try and slander the EU. Sorry dribbles, you'll have to do better than that.

Or are you going to try and say that since regulations were brought in for bananas in 1995, up until we left, we were unable to purchase bendy bananas? Because everyone reading this knows that's a fucking lie.

Of course, it does mean that we won't be required to keep up standards for our fruit, if we diverge from the EU regulations that we currently still shadow. So you'll be able to get those bananas that are infested with insects and barely fit for human consumption, just as you apparently like them. Taking back control!

Once again, a joke of a post from dribbles. Must try harder.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus christ, you will do anything you can to try to spin anything bad about Brexit as a positive. All the way from Australia.
    Well g'day my soon to be (another brexit benefit) CPTPP friend, as you well know all the UK were looking for was a trade partner when joining the EU back in the day, not the monster it has morphed into. How as a CPTPP member would you like it if all of a sudden Vietnam started dictating how powerful Australian vacuum cleaners, or for that matter Didgeridoos, could be? Bet you wouldn't put up with that.

Vive la Commonwealth!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Well g'day my soon to be (another brexit benefit) CPTPP friend, as you well know all the UK were looking for was a trade partner when joining the EU back in the day, not the monster it has morphed into. How as a CPTPP member would you like it if all of a sudden Vietnam started dictating how powerful Australian vacuum cleaners, or for that matter Didgeridoos, could be? Bet you wouldn't put up with that.

Vive la Commonwealth!
    No, you misunderstood, but good try.

Vive la Commonwealth!
    Yo, did y'all get that £350M a week for the NHS that Johnson and Moggs and the rest of them kept banging on about?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58519997

How's that potential for a permanent food shortage in a developed nation working out? You ever find replacements for all the truck drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You ever find replacements for all the truck drivers?
    Ha! I'm still trying to find funding for training to become a lorry driver, you'd think with the shortage it wouldn't be too hard but no one seems to be interested in actually going that far. It's all well and good reducing the amount of time it takes to get a license and really nice that companies are offering up to £5000 signing on bonuses but if I have to find around £12K to become a lorry driver in the first place it's kinda pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Ha! I'm still trying to find funding for training to become a lorry driver, you'd think with the shortage it wouldn't be too hard but no one seems to be interested in actually going that far. It's all well and good reducing the amount of time it takes to get a license and really nice that companies are offering up to £5000 signing on bonuses but if I have to find around £12K to become a lorry driver in the first place it's kinda pointless
    Might seem appealing to become a lorrydriver now but then in a couple of years AI driven trucks will render the entire sector obsolete.

If you want to do it, by all means do so but have an exit strategy cause its a sector that is circling the drain.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, did y'all get that £350M a week for the NHS that Johnson and Moggs and the rest of them kept banging on about?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58519997

How's that potential for a permanent food shortage in a developed nation working out? You ever find replacements for all the truck drivers?
    In July 2018, the Prime Minister announced a new five-year funding deal that would see NHS funding rise by £33.9 billion (£650m a week beating the brexit pledge by almost double) in cash terms.

Just promises promises to beat a made up number on the side of a brexit bus people might say, so how well has Boris done so far compared to 2018? Turns out, excluding even more money for Covid, NHS spending in England alone is now higher by some £19bn or £365 million a week.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...ell/nhs-budget

The Tories, with sovereignty enabled by the benefit of Brexit, always keep and deliver their promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    A major benefit of Brexit is that it has encouraged EU companies to invest in the UK, ALDI are offering to pay you ten quid an hour to learn to be a lorry driver, no costs as far as I can see and an HGV licence in around 12 months.

https://www.aldirecruitment.co.uk/ap...apprenticeship

Took 2 minutes to find that, sure I bet there are many more.

In July 2018, the Prime Minister announced a new five-year funding deal that would see NHS funding rise by £33.9 billion (£650m a week beating the brexit pledge by almost double) in cash terms.

Just promises promises to beat a made up number on the side of a brexit bus people might say, so how well has Boris done so far compared to 2018? Turns out, excluding even more money for Covid, NHS spending in England alone is now higher by some £19bn or £365 million a week.

The Tories, with sovereignty enabled by the benefit of Brexit, always keep and deliver their promises.
    More lies. Show how much the NHS funding has gone up IN REAL TERMS. Because funding going up to cover cost of living increases aren't real term increases. And it looks even worse if you consider it in per-capita terms. But you won't do that, because you're the kind of person that believes a lie on the side of a bus. Want me to do the maths for you, liar? Want me to show how much you are lying?

I'd also want to have a good look at how much of that extra money is just going into the pockets of firms that are funding the Tory party. Because the Covid scenario has shown how much money they're prepared to direct in that way. They are brazen about it.

I'd also point you to how many manifesto promises the Tories have broken. They are liars. Boris is a liar (sacked for it, twice). Every Brexiteer is a liar. Every post you make reeks of lies.

Weak sauce. Again. Your posts are becoming increasingly pathetic as the reality of how shit Brexit is become more and more apparent.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...two-years-only

Huh, and an extra $22B and it's still not enough.

Did they get the £350M a week though? I haven't seen that anywhere. I mean, Boris promised!

Covid funding? You mean the temporary funding since there's a pandemic?

Man, seems like you got sold a bill of goods and are determined to convince yourself, and everyone else, that it was actually a really good purchase.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    More lies. Show how much the NHS funding has gone up IN REAL TERMS. Because funding going up to cover cost of living increases aren't real term increases. And it looks even worse if you consider it in per-capita terms. But you won't do that, because you're the kind of person that believes a lie on the side of a bus. Want me to do the maths for you, liar? Want me to show how much you are lying?

I'd also want to have a good look at how much of that extra money is just going into the pockets of firms that are funding the Tory party. Because the Covid scenario has shown how much money they're prepared to direct in that way. They are brazen about it.

I'd also point you to how many manifesto promises the Tories have broken. They are liars. Boris is a liar (sacked for it, twice). Every Brexiteer is a liar. Every post you make reeks of lies.

Weak sauce. Again. Your posts are becoming increasingly pathetic as the reality of how shit Brexit is become more and more apparent.
    Forgive me Huehue, I might be wrong but I don't recall IN REAL TERMS being on the side of the bus. Are you inventing imaginary text to create a non existent lie? Did I miss seeing it? Perhaps you have an image with that IN REAL TERMS on the bus you can share?

That plain, clear and simple Brexit promise in my mind has been given thanks to Brexit to the NHS, no lies. Another benefit of Brexit, the Brexit bus being a precurser as an example, is that with the bonfire of EU regulations taking place, the requirement for confusing qualifying and mandatory EU small print has been removed so all lay people can understand the Tory promise, the Tory product and when that is delivered. IN REAL TERMS was a completely unnecessary qualifying statement, a bit like the EU requirement to label a packet of peanuts with the warning this product may contain nuts. People, certainly not brexiteers, are just not that dumb.

Anyhow some lighter stuff, howsabout a little song? It was heartening for me when watching last night of the proms at the weekend to see dozens of, who I can only assume, are self identifying eurochums present wearing their sweet EU berets and proudly singing along to the chorus of Rule Britannia at the Royal Albert Hall. They all seemed to know the words extremely well!

A subliminal pro-Brexit supporting message to Brussels from unmasked now free Europeans, (can you even gather like that inside sans face-nappy in the EU?), present in England you may wonder?

Don't think unsurprisingly we heard Ode to Joy in return. In case you missed it, and perhaps before the silly EU GDPR geo bans it, once again Rule Britannia! Enjoy it eurochums, just as you did last weekend, and just as you did pre-brexit when we were once upon a time ruling EU members. Go on, admit it, you miss us really :P

We don't miss you. Dont pretend otherwise.

And are you are insulting everyone assaulted by the English?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Might seem appealing to become a lorrydriver now but then in a couple of years AI driven trucks will render the entire sector obsolete.

If you want to do it, by all means do so but have an exit strategy cause its a sector that is circling the drain.
    Hence I'm not prepared to go into debt to become one

ALDI are offering to pay you ten quid an hour to learn to be a lorry driver, no costs as far as I can see and an HGV licence in around 12 months.

https://www.aldirecruitment.co.uk/ap...apprenticeship
    Holy shit, Dribbbles posts something that is actually what he says it is and it's useful other than the fact the Cardiff vacancy apparently doesnt exist at this time Would prefer something that isn't a year before getting the license seeing as you can take a course and get your Cat C+E license in about 10 days of training if you pay.... but I've put my name in the hat
    Cheers fella

So what is the O/U that they will finally manage to implement the new controls until the start of next year?

At this rate and with that much incompetence, they won't make it until 2023...

Anyhow some lighter stuff, howsabout a little song?
    Here is one just for you Dribbles, I kept it British just as you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Here is one just for you Dribbles, I kept it British just as you like it!

Video isn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Video isn't available.

If this doesn't work its: Lily Allen - Fuck You