Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lightbulb Idea: 5 - 10$ Level Boost Token

I was leveling an alt awhile ago and I got to 57 and thought to myself, what if there were a level boost token that gave 1 level per token that could be bought on the AH just like the WoW gold token.

In some cases I would definitely like a level boost token, that maybe cost 5-10$ on the shop that would grant a level when using, or you could sell it on the AH for gold.

Would you use a level boost token if Blizzard added it to the game?

Nice try, Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    No, I don't even support max level boosts (I can accept their existence in the last major patch of an expansion.)
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    No, thank you! I don't feel like giving Blizzard any more money.

$5-10 for 1 level? wtf

If Blizzard would want any more trouble than they already have, they should hire you.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-09-14 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    $5-10 for 1 level? wtf
    It's just an idea. It could be 3-5$ or whatever Blizz would appropriately price it at. It would just be a good option.

I'd rather stay in Elwyn forest killing boars to level than even paying $3/level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    It would just be a good option.
    It would be an option.

I'm not so sure about it being a GOOD option.

Particularly considering that most levels pre 50 take about 30 minutes at most so that's a pretty steep cost.

There are over 1.3 million words in the English language and I am finding it difficult to string them together in a fashion that will convey just how badly I want to hit you over the head with a chair for that question.

So: no.

Disclaimer: This is a quote I came across the other day and this looks like the perfect opportunity to use it, I am not endorsing violence against the OP.

How about you pay me 5 to 10 dollars a level and I'll do the levels for you lol. Who would pay $5 for 1 level ? I bet blizzard have already thought of this and even they realised it was a step too far for microtransactions.

I mean over all I think its not a great idea.

but..

I do think it shows how bad the leveling process is when people openly say.. hey.. here is my wallet to get though this slog.

But I mean common.. its probably just a troll..

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean over all I think its not a great idea.

but..

I do think it shows how bad the leveling process is when people openly say.. hey.. here is my wallet to get though this slog.

I understand that most of the levels are trivial before level 50, which is why I don't see why people would have a problem if an optional way for people to boost by only 1 level at a time is made available to players for a nominal fee. If i get to 57 and I want to spend 15-30$ dollars to boost to max level, why is that a problem for anyone?

Maybe put some restrictions on it like, can only be used if you already have a max level character on that account.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    A very successful one, if you consider that his account was made during this month and his "optimistic" thread has been up while being an absolute warzone.

He's either an agent of chaos, Ion or a simple fool.

Lobotomy with a rusty spoon sounds better than a lvl token.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I understand that most of the levels are trivial before level 50, which is why I don't see why people would have a problem if an optional way for people to boost by only 1 level at a time is made available to players for a nominal fee. If i get to 57 and I want to spend 15-30$ dollars to boost to max level, why is that a problem for anyone?

Maybe put some restrictions on it like, can only be used if you already have a max level character on that account.
    If you get to level 57 and can't take it the rest of the way yourself, what are you even doing playing the game? What's so horrible about the last three levels that you can't put in another two or three hours?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    If you get to level 57 and can't take it the rest of the way yourself, what are you even doing playing the game? What's so horrible about the last three levels that you can't put in another two or three hours?
    Valid points, but why would it be a problem if I have the option to skip those levels and time it takes to get the last 3 levels?

Boosters sell this service.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a great idea, as well thought out as the most recent US invasion of Iraq.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    A very successful one, if you consider that his account was made during this month and his "optimistic" thread has been up while being an absolute warzone.

He's either an agent of chaos, Ion or a simple fool.
    I have tried to be very courteous in my optimistic thread. I don't think I've insulted anyone.. I may have disagreed with some points, but i've been cordial. People seem to go into threads (not just mine, but in my observation in general), make hostile replies intended to derail the thread, and then argue back and forth. Then observers like you say its a "warzone" when really its just 1-2 people who vehemently disagree with the premise of the thread. As for that thread, I decided not to continue to banter back and forth, and just be optimistic and reply with positive replies.

As for this thread, its just an idea. And I labeled the thread as such. I feel i've been pretty cordial in my replies as well.