Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    If what you said is true , i would rather this be more graphic engine changed , i would like it to be that "There are universes and each has azeroth" so this is another timeline that has different story in azeroth like for example in this version thrall is stupid and Garrosh is not the prideful person in our azeroth , for example anduin died instead of varian and varian transformed into the angriest dude in earth , just giving thoughts you know what i mean ?

i dont want it to be like a same game same graphics same same . there has to be connection

I would certainly enjoy seeing the fall of the alliance along with a gnome genocide.

I don't understand how anyone with a functioning brain can even consider Blizzard putting together a team to create classic+ content. You know, the same company that did the bare minimum for all of classic so far, the same company that let bots and gold selling take over their game, the same company that changed batching about a day before classic ended... Yeah they are totally going to do it.

And look what a great game they are making with retail, everyone loves current Blizzard! They would totally create amazing content for classic!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    I would certainly enjoy seeing the fall of the alliance along with a gnome genocide.
    haha . see ? more idea can be twisted into this alternative azeroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Out of curiosity, why would you say that it would be a waste of time for them to make new content?
    Because making new original content for a version of a game that's over 16 years old just seems like a financial risk. It also makes no sense from a business perspective because the idea was to put in as little effort as possible and reap big profits. Blizzard didn't have to reinvent the wheel with classic, they just had to rerelease it and hope for the best. Blizzard has no intention to put effort into classic other than to make sure it's as bug free as possible. It's a nostalgia ride that has a definitive end. Also I'd prefer they focus on retail because that's the future of WoW, not a trip back in time to past expansions.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Because making new original content for a version of a game that's over 16 years old just seems like a financial risk. It also makes no sense from a business perspective because the idea was to put in as little effort as possible and reap big profits. Blizzard didn't have to reinvent the wheel with classic, they just had to rerelease it and hope for the best. Blizzard has no intention to put effort into classic other than to make sure it's as bug free as possible. It's a nostalgia ride that has a definitive end. Also I'd prefer they focus on retail because that's the future of WoW, not a trip back in time to past expansions.
    Be that as it may, I would venture to say that really only Blizzard has the metrics and visibility to see whether or not it would be 'worth it'. You might be completely correct: it may in fact be something that would have little return on investment.

But, I think you also have to measure what that investment would actually be. Imagine if continued content wasn't anywhere near the scope of a traditional expansion. So no new massive game mechanics, no additional classes, no huge new zones to add in the game. What if the additions were smaller, more streamlined. New dungeons, raids and quests. Mostly reusing existing assets as much as possible. Instead of reinventing the wheel like they tend to do in an expansion, use a small dedicated team to continue building simpler content.

Now, only Blizzard really has the data to know how likely this could be profitable, but if they monetize it effectively, I do think that it could both bring in additional revenue, and also intrigue people into returning to a game that they don't care for (Retail) or feel like they've already done everything a million times (Classic).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust them to make new content that stays true to vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Classic+ Fresh would mean everyone starts at level 1 and things are added as additional / new content in the vanilla wow client. More / changed raids, more / changed dungeons. Game mechanics added / altered. New zones, new lore, new quests etc. Game / class balance changes. More QoL things like AoE looting, larger stack sizes, etc.

-Yes
    -No
    -Maybe

For me, id like to see something like that. I'd make a character on that type of realm / game.
    I would not support this. Classic+ is a another way of releasing new expansions. Lore wise, this would make no sense whatsoever. The new stuff already exists, hence TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP and so on.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No thanks. I'd rather the game moves forward than attempt to fix their mistakes by polishing nostalgia for a better reaction. Classic, though limited at the player base thoughts and ideas, is a good side project but isn't, nor should be the main project.
    Its not fixing any "mistakes", it's simply adding to the classic experience to give players who enjoy that era of the game more things to do.

It could be niche for all I care, but I'm quite certain many people would try it out if it contained new content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Be that as it may, I would venture to say that really only Blizzard has the metrics and visibility to see whether or not it would be 'worth it'. You might be completely correct: it may in fact be something that would have little return on investment.

But, I think you also have to measure what that investment would actually be. Imagine if continued content wasn't anywhere near the scope of a traditional expansion. So no new massive game mechanics, no additional classes, no huge new zones to add in the game. What if the additions were smaller, more streamlined. New dungeons, raids and quests. Mostly reusing existing assets as much as possible. Instead of reinventing the wheel like they tend to do in an expansion, use a small dedicated team to continue building simpler content.

Now, only Blizzard really has the data to know how likely this could be profitable, but if they monetize it effectively, I do think that it could both bring in additional revenue, and also intrigue people into returning to a game that they don't care for (Retail) or feel like they've already done everything a million times (Classic).
    Also, sometimes companies take losses in certain areas of the company to gain dividends in other areas. Even if it were to be a financial loss (which I don't think it would) to add more content to the classic era game, the amount of goodwill and positive player reactions would more than outweigh any perceived financial losses that the nay category posters think.

Blizzard: "Hey, we are doing seasonal classic era fresh servers!" "Also, we are creating a sub set of servers called classic+ with new content, more quests, raids, dungeons, activities!"

Players: "Fuck this, I hate blizzard, im mad! Why are they giving us new content?!!!?" /said no one ever.

No i don't think i would.

1. I still like retail wow despite the recent problems and have not given up hope, that the story will get back on its feet.

2. CLassic was a product of its time. They would have to change so much that the classic players would not like it anymore. Like for example making specs like moonkin viable. Becuase lets face it, classes in vanilla are no exactly... full of choice or any variables. Boring in the logn term.

3. You want them to deliebratly make bad graphics? If they make classic with modern artwork etc. and viable specs across the board... i guess i would be fine with it.

But no... making this would be Blizz saying everything they did after classic is shit. Which is not true. Even SL has it good sides.

We can add uncensored paintings to classic+ now.