Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Keep digging that hole deeper man. Gamestop let me pick up my copy at 8 and I've put in a few hours. I've played it almost identically to how I played Dishonored so far. When I tried to just go in guns blazing like you would in most other FPS games, I died pretty quickly. They even give you a nail gun early on that effectively functions how the crossbow in Dishonored did.

But keep believing that they have no similarities. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Almost nice try, almost. Yes you can blaze your way with guns, they are there for a reason. Not an option in dishonored since it wasn't an fps. I mean your skill is not indication of how game is suppose to be played. From Steam:

DEATHLOOP is a next-gen first person shooter from Arkane Lyon
    stealthily sneaking through levels or barreling into the fight, guns-blazing. In each loop you’ll discover new secrets
    Armed with a host of otherworldly abilities and savage weaponry, you’ll utilize every tool at your command to execute takedowns that are as striking as they are devastating.
    If it wasn't for Arkane people wouldn't trying to say "it's dishonored" because aside from small elements present in other games, it's nothing alike. Going with your logic CS:GO is also similar because of guns, knifes and "stealth", oh and there is a "loop" as well since matches have rounds.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

So tommorow you can finally install a internal ssd. Still trying to find a decently priced heat sink but I've got at least two options in limited stock. Just gotta wait to see if I can afford the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The ones I was looking at were $14 or so. It’s really not an expensive addon considering the cost of a 1TB+ M.2 of the appropriate speed.
    The problem is all the ones ive seen suggested aren't readily available where I live and the few I have found are around $30-$40.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there only seem to be 3 that are recommended by most people and none of them are readily available. I'm tempted to just get sn850 with heatsink even if it does cost way more than it would to get the heatsink separately. Doesn't really matter if I can't find a heatsink.

I had heard about Deathloop but it wasn’t on my radar. However, I just played dishonored for the first time last week and will without a doubt check out Deathloop now. Arkane is certainly on my list of devs to keep an eye on, in a good way.

I’m not sure if this has been beaten to death as I haven’t kept up with ps5 news, and I only recently picked mine up, but the controller battery life is ass. I have a switch pro controller from right when they came out and it’s still got a longer charge than my brand new DualShock.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I had heard about Deathloop but it wasn’t on my radar. However, I just played dishonored for the first time last week and will without a doubt check out Deathloop now. Arkane is certainly on my list of devs to keep an eye on, in a good way.

I’m not sure if this has been beaten to death as I haven’t kept up with ps5 news, and I only recently picked mine up, but the controller battery life is ass. I have a switch pro controller from right when they came out and it’s still got a longer charge than my brand new DualShock.
    If the game makes use of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers it will drain the battery alot faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    If the game makes use of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers it will drain the battery alot faster.
    I've yet to have a problem with either feature draining the battery. The audio features of the controller probably cost more battery power, which also drives the haptic feature. Either way, YMMV but I feel like I have to plug in PS5 controller less than the PS4 I had (which was only3 months old when I got my PS5). Batteries in most devices are lot better than what they were 8 years ago.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Even if we were to say that’s a significant power drain (I haven’t really experienced that being the case yet), it’s still a bit of a non-issue. A decently long USB cable for charging while playing is only around 15-20 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Even if we were to say that’s a significant power drain (I haven’t really experienced that being the case yet), it’s still a bit of a non-issue. A decently long USB cable for charging while playing is only around 15-20 bucks.
    The front port for charging controller is also a fast charging port and charges the controller way faster then the slow charge you got on PS4. +bonus points the fast charge warms up the controller quite a bit so controller doubles as a nice hand warmer when charging it LOL.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-09-15 at 05:13 PM.

Finally snagged a ps5 bundle from Gamestop. As long as you're a pro member(15$ a year) you can snag a bundle really easily. I was 18 mins late to the thing and all three bundles were still up so it does not seem like it has issues like Walmart and Amazon where it is sold out in 1min.

Game sales are great.

https://twitter.com/Tales_of_ARISE/s...69786510012417

I don't know what that says, but I'm told it says Tales has shipped 1 million copies already and is the fastest selling Tales of game so far:

https://n4g.com/news/2442243/tales-o...-the-franchise

I'm reposting this in PS5 because also check this out:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021...ng_best_on_ps5

Look at the percentage of these recent games that sold new on Playstation consoles. Why is playstation so strong in physical sales? Is it userbase, types of games(there are other examples of this iirc), digital sales being bigger on other platforms, just in the UK, or something else helping boxed sales? What's up with that?

Of note, I bought 2 physical PS5 copies of tales of arise, one for me and one for my brother. Just a weird data-point, I have no idea why I, a PS5 owner, would be more likely to buy physical than anyone else...but as a PS5 owner, I almost exclusively buy physical when I can.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-09-16 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Of note, I bought 2 physical PS5 copies of tales of arise, one for me and one for my brother. Just a weird data-point, I have no idea why I, a PS5 owner, would be more likely to buy physical than anyone else...but as a PS5 owner, I almost exclusively buy physical when I can.
    If given the option I’ll go physical, and I still get salty when I go digital and a physical release rolls along (thanks Hades). I’m an old fart that played pong on that Sears system I believe it was though.

Have any studies been done on preference versus age and the like? I go for physical more out of habit than anything else. I wonder if younger types go physical for the resale. I don’t believe the “I can always play it if I have physical” mindset is relevant anymore, I couldn’t tell you the last game I played that didn’t patch day 1, granted it MAY be playable, but who knows.

I like physical but I've been doing digital alot more since the lockdowns started and Amazon stopped delivering new releases the day they come out.

I don't really care anymore on playstation games because 95% of them lose all of their value within a year so there isn't much point in collecting them physically anymore. I buy whatever is convenient at the time, usually physical but only cause it's cheaper at walmart then digital is.

With Nintendo it will always be physical cause the games actually hold their value, unlike Sony and 3rd parties that race to the bottom to devalue their games to shit within a year or 2.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th...CAD-01-10abi2f

New model with the smaller heat sink got put through all the paces and...it's a nontroversy/non-issue. Slightly warmer than the original model, but nothing remotely concerning or problematic. Game performance is identical as well, and there don't even appear to be any issues when it comes to the sound from fans etc.

So it doesn't matter which model you'll get, the user experience will be pretty much identical between the two as initially suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th...CAD-01-10abi2f

New model with the smaller heat sink got put through all the paces and...it's a nontroversy/non-issue. Slightly warmer than the original model, but nothing remotely concerning or problematic. Game performance is identical as well, and there don't even appear to be any issues when it comes to the sound from fans etc.

So it doesn't matter which model you'll get, the user experience will be pretty much identical between the two as initially suspected.
    That's exactly what I expected, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    If given the option I’ll go physical, and I still get salty when I go digital and a physical release rolls along (thanks Hades). I’m an old fart that played pong on that Sears system I believe it was though.

Have any studies been done on preference versus age and the like? I go for physical more out of habit than anything else. I wonder if younger types go physical for the resale. I don’t believe the “I can always play it if I have physical” mindset is relevant anymore, I couldn’t tell you the last game I played that didn’t patch day 1, granted it MAY be playable, but who knows.
    My biggest reason for going physical is really just reduced download length and being able to hold most of my library and decide what to play next.

That said, to me, digital's big advantage is not having to search for my physical license or swap it out to change games. This is an even bigger advantage in a household where more than 1 person plays on the main console.

15+ Year Old Account
    The people bitching about the new model is hilarious thinking a gazillion dollar company known for shrinking their consoles didnt r&d the shit out if it. I really dont understand this zoomer outrage/panic at every little thing that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The people bitching about the new model is hilarious thinking a gazillion dollar company known for shrinking their consoles didnt r&d the shit out if it. I really dont understand this zoomer outrage/panic at every little thing that happens.
    The console world is super polarized, and anything against the other console(even when it is fake), is amplified and distorted in an attempt to sully the reputation of the target company.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    The console world is super polarized, and anything against the other console(even when it is fake), is amplified and distorted in an attempt to sully the reputation of the target company.
    Back in the day it would at least be more about games like haaaa shitty snes doesnt have blood in mk. Now its haaaa your shitty console runs 2 degrees hotter and noooooo my console runs 2 degrees hotter my games are gonna throttle noooooooooooooo refundddddssdds me sonnnny. It's bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They watch youtube. This is what happens when they trust a youtube engineer over sony engineers. There is a reason clowns like that are grifting on youtube and not engineering consoles like Cerny.

-Sony realizes they went overkill on heatsink with further testing and data collecting.
    -Sony replaces heatsink with smaller model that gives virtually same performance to make the console faster, cheaper and get them out there.
    -Panic cause 2 degrees without even knowing what it means.

The current internet gaming culture is a living meme.

GN is part of this bullshit to so them trying to help debunk it now is just them saving face at this point. This is the same youtube channel that claimed OG PS5's memory ran to hot and would lead to failure... almost an entire year into console life and it's obviously fine. Almost like Sony engineers know wtf they're doing more then random youtubers.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-09-16 at 11:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They watch youtube. This is what happens when they trust a youtube engineer over sony engineers. There is a reason clowns like that are grifting on youtube and not engineering consoles like Cerny.

-Sony realizes they went overkill on heatsink with further testing and data collecting.
    -Sony replaces heatsink with smaller model that gives virtually same performance to make the console faster, cheaper and get them out there.
    -Panic cause 2 degrees without even knowing what it means.

The current internet gaming culture is a living meme.

GN is part of this bullshit to so them trying to help debunk it now is just them saving face at this point. This is the same youtube channel that claimed OG PS5's memory ran to hot and would lead to failure... almost an entire year into console life and it's obviously fine. Almost like Sony engineers know wtf they're doing more then random youtubers.
    Guize, I used to repair consolez, i totally know more than the guy who has been designing sony consoles since the ps2. TWO DEGREES WILL THROTTLE GOD OF WAR RAGNOROK