Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up Positive things about WoW that you enjoy

What are some positive aspects about WoW that you currently enjoy?

Could it be aesthetics? Art style? Game systems? Lore and Story? (this one is fantastic imo) The collection meta? Game balance? PVP? Raiding?

As you can see, I just listed a few, but there are a lot of things about WoW that we can be positive about, even if not all of them you feel currently positive about.

Right now, I'd say the story and lore of Shadowlands is fantastic. Sylvanas is well written, and compelling. I'm excited to see what happens next with her now that she has been "captured" by us after the events of the domination raid.

My short list of things I really like about WoW

• Dungeon design - second to none, this is very consistent with each expansion
    • Raid encounters - So far in SL the raid encounters have been very entertaining. Lots of cool new mechanics we haven't seen before
    • Quests - the story quests were awesome. Each zone allowing you to test the covenants and their abilites was a lot of fun
    • Covenants - Great system. Especially from a lore perspective. I like how they fit into the theme of the Shadowlands well
    • PvP - Especially early in the expansion the pvp was great. I don't do a lot, but what I did and do today is fun.
    • Torghast - This one seems to be controversial but I actually enjoy becoming a super powered god for a few minutes each time I do a run. It changes up how my class plays which I like, even if its temporary
    • Rewards - these have been great this expansion. The expanded "great vault" has given us way more variety in picking an item each week instead of being just given a random item each week. Big improvement from BFA chest imho.

Disclaimer: please steer clear of being negative in this thread. Try to look for positive things you like about the game, and lets discuss those. There are other threads to discuss the negative things already, lets keep this one positive!

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve always been a big fan of just being able to hop on my mount and fly away. I wish they would add more zones with flying.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    I’ve always been a big fan of just being able to hop on my mount and fly away. I wish they would add more zones with flying.
    Good news, they did in 9.1! You can now fly in all the main 4 SL zones!

They do this every expansion. For a time because the questing experience is best experienced from the ground, they restrict flight early on, but later they open it up and we can fly generally at the first .1 patch.

It was amazing to experience the zones from the ground when I first played through the SL experience, and now its cool to see it from the air!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I know i have it unlocked. I want to be able to fly every where. Also I was more thinking of a new zone where you need flying kinda like in some of the bc/wotlk zones
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

That it's giving up the crown for new mmorpgs to step up.
    For real, WoW has been suffocating the mmorpg genre in a weird way.

Collecting
    Achievements
    Toys
    Mounts
    Recipes
    Quests
    Transmog
    AND MORE!

Wow has a great collection system I just wish they did more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    But not in Oribos or Maw/Korthia T_T

They do this every expansion. For a time because the questing experience is best experienced from the ground
    In their opinion
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    This isn't really a positive response. Please don't post if you are going to be negative. Thanks!

What in game things do you like about WoW? Of all the things you may not like, are there any aspects you enjoy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Collecting
    Achievements
    Toys
    Mounts
    Recipes
    Quests
    Transmog
    AND MORE!

Wow has a great collection system I just wish they did more

- - - Updated - - -

But not in Oribos or Maw/Korthia T_T

In their opinion
    Nice list! Lots of things I like there too.

Maybe they will open up flying in those areas later as well!

This isn't really a positive response. Please don't post if you are going to be negative. Thanks!

What in game things do you like about WoW? Of all the things you may not like, are there any aspects you enjoy?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice list! Lots of things I like there too.

Maybe they will open up flying in those areas later as well!
    Probably not, just like there's no flying on Timeless Isle or Argus I doubt there will ever be flying in Maw/Korthia which is cool, I'm quite accustomed to hating life
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

5+ Year Old Account
    Basically this. Although on a more positive note, there are some zones and soundtracks that are stunningly beautiful. Legion and BfA were great in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Probably not, just like there's no flying on Timeless Isle or Argus I doubt there will ever be flying in Maw/Korthia which is cool, I'm quite accustomed to hating life
    Oh come on, its not that bad! It makes sense in the context of the type of content there is in these areas. Just like in real life, there are no fly zones in some areas of the world!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Basically this. Although on a more positive note, there are some zones and soundtracks that are stunningly beautiful. Legion and BfA were great in that regard.
    Did someone say Northrend - Grizzly Hills Soundtrack?

By and large it has the best instanced PvE content of any MMORPG ever made. It's couched in some problematic forms of other content, and it has issues with the rewards system, but it's miles ahead of the competition - even to this day, where FFXIV etc. are definitely making huge strides.

The problem is, that's just not enough anymore for a lot of people. There's so many genres of games to play now, having the best PvE in an MMORPG is by no means a guarantee to keep your playerbase - they'll just play other games, be they MMORPGs or not.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    How could you forget Grizzly Hills! I think that's still playing at my garrison to this day.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn he beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

It absolutely is a positive thing i like about WoW though, a good thing for the mmorpg genre in the future for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay is by far the best out of all the current mmorpg’s. Smooth rotations for most classes that feels rewarding when you perform it correctly. I also like the art and music of each zone.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

They do this every expansion. For a time because the questing experience is best experienced from the ground, they restrict flight early on, but later they open it up and we can fly generally at the first .1 patch.

It was amazing to experience the zones from the ground when I first played through the SL experience, and now its cool to see it from the air!
    Oh you sweet summer child - please, this is done to pad time played metrics to appease shareholders.

It absolutely is a positive thing i like about WoW though, a good thing for the mmorpg genre in the future for sure.
    "WoW has lost its number one spot to a WoW clone with similar issues to WoW, this is clearly a good thing that will change the MMORPG scene for good."

You really have to have 0 experience with games if you dont understand why WoW is hard to reach, even at its worst possible state or basically playing without even having eyes.

1)Fluidity, despite Blizzard hate, no other games have the feeling of fluidity Blizzard games have, or anywhere near it.

2)Actual repeatable content that have some sort of quality and are bug free in their majority.

Yes, most of you dont understand how bug free WoW , a minor bug that happens to 1 player ever 1 million dungeon runs because thats how large WoW is, isnt something to cry about.

Having dungeon instances crash because mobs exist that takes days to discover how to fix because indie company MMOs or generally, lack of dev knowledge is an actual bug.

Or losing a full week of progression on a just released raid, because 1st boss was unkillable cause it had a 20% chance to remain bugged for the whole reset after a wipe, while watching it didnt happen to other guilds because it got lucky, and you cant do anything about it.

And the next raid release, every single boss has some randomly triggered insane bug.

We arent talking "Mythic Sylvanas is bugged because she wasnt tested therefor Limit and Method get to wipe 20 times before the hotfixes", we are talking, full on raid with not a single boss working correctly and literal weeks before they even fix the second and third boss, because apparently "You werent supposed to progress so fast".

The rest isnt easy to talk about, some games do things better and WoW adopts them, GW2 "Hero Quest" and its scenario systems that WoW stole and the quest system after that, bla bla bla.

Basically WoW has too much money and when it steals stuff it does them mostly better, but the important stuff for me, which is actual endgame content and fluidity is what made me come back and remain with the ups and down, there simply wont be any decent endgame MMO, probably ever the way things are going.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    How could you forget Grizzly Hills! I think that's still playing at my garrison to this day.
    Grizzly Hills soundtrack is great, no doubt... But I still prefer the music of Azuremyst Isle, Eversong Woods or Terokkar Forest - probably in that order.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Nothing. The game was pretty much ruined after MOP. WOD wasn't too bad, it just had too little content but Legion, BfA and SL all suffered the same fundamental design issues making the game really difficult to enjoy.

Fishing.

I use to think it was a pointless activity. But then at some point I tried it and it just clicked for me. Finding the perfect body of water, the right camera angle, and just relax. I cane escape into the game. I have my favourite battle pet at my side, and just chill. Enjoy the serenity of the game. The beauty. The music.