Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Reopening the Mage Tower with Legion Timewalking in 9.1.5

Reopening the Mage Tower with Legion Timewalking in 9.1.5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Soon after the Burning Legion invaded Azeroth at the Broken Shore, the Alliance and Horde began using the Mage Tower at Deliverance Point for high-end training of their most promising champions. When Sargeras was later defeated and dealt his final vengeful blow to Azeroth, the Mage Tower was shut, and it has been inaccessible ever since.

In 9.1.5, Legion Timewalking will become available for the first time, and with Timewalking comes a wondrous way to return to the moments of heroism from the past. Azeroth’s champions will be able to enter the Mage Tower again.

Mage Tower Basics
    In Legion Timewalking, the Mage Tower will operate similarly to how it did during Legion. The original seven different Challenges (grouped by your specialization’s role) will be available to try repeatedly, for the duration of Legion Timewalking:

• “Closing the Eye” for Frost Death Knight, Havoc Demon Hunter, Survival Hunter, Subtlety Rogue, and Arms Warrior.
    • “An Impossible Foe” for Unholy Death Knight, Feral Druid, Fire Mage, Outlaw Rogue, Elemental Shaman, and Fury Warrior.
    • “The God-Queen’s Fury” for Arcane Mage, Retribution Paladin, Assassination Rogue, Enhancement Shaman, and Demonology Warlock.
    • “Feltotem’s Fall” for Beast Mastery Hunter, Windwalker Monk, Discipline Priest, and Destruction Warlock.
    • “The Highlord’s Return” for Blood Death Knight, Vengeance Demon Hunter, Guardian Druid, Brewmaster Monk, Protection Paladin, and Protection Warrior.
    • “End of the Risen Threat” for Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, and Restoration Shaman.
    • “Thwarting the Twins” for Balance Druid, Marksmanship Hunter, Frost Mage Shadow Priest, and Affliction Warlock.
    • Each Challenge comprises a series of solo encounters that must be completely survived to earn rewards, and in Legion Timewalking, they will not require that you have an Artifact, or even that you originally played Legion. While the Challenges were considered quite difficult for most of Legion, we’re tuning the encounters in Timewalking to normalize player power, with the intention of providing a meaningful level of difficulty to current players.

New Rewards
    The Timewalking Mage Tower Challenges may be the same as those that players experienced in Legion, but the rewards will be different. When the Mage Tower closed at the end of Legion, it was firmly established that those rewards would become unavailable. Many players pushed themselves to collect all the appearances they could before the tower closed. Reintroducing those same appearances now would diminish those players’ accomplishment, so success in a Mage Tower challenge will now award a Legion-themed armor set for your class.

There’s also a new Achievement coming in 9.1.5 for the most well-rounded champions of the Kirin Tor. Players who complete all seven of the Challenges on different characters across their Battle.net account will be rewarded with a unique flying mount: the Soaring Spelltome!

Another Special Addition
    During Legion, the Mage Tower awarded most specs a new weapon appearance, yet players who missed earning those still have countless other admirable weapon transmogs to collect across the whole of the game. But for Guardian druids, the Mage Tower prize was an alternate bear form with a unique silhouette and animations. There is simply nothing else like it in the game. For years, we’ve heard feedback from druid players who are frustrated that something so transformative is no longer available, and we agree.

Therefore, in Legion Timewalking, Guardian druids who complete The Highlord’s Return challenge will also receive a new fel variant of the “werebear” form.

We’ve designed it with the goal of making sure that the original bear forms earned in Legion, with their unblemished natural coloration, will remain clearly distinguishable from this new one.

Looking Ahead
    To celebrate the return of the Mage Tower, we plan to have Legion Timewalking open for two consecutive weeks when it first appears on the calendar. Thereafter, Legion Timewalking will occur for the standard one-week-at-a-time in rotation with other Timewalking events from past expansions.

You can’t hide behind these walls forever, Odyn!
    Last edited by Stoy; 2021-09-15 at 06:36 PM.

That's a pretty dope bear.

I get their reasoning behind no artifact skins - seems reasonable and keeping an original promise. But it will, of course, DRASTICALLY reduce the number of people who actually care about doing the challenge. Which is fine, I suppose. It doesn't have to be for everyone, and doesn't really cost them anything.

Finally, a smart idea

That bear is amazing.

Great post, and good reasoning behind keeping the original unique artifact skins out of the players hands who didn't complete them back then.

Amazing stuff from the WoW team for 9.1.5. Can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Bigotry at its finest. Well have fun with ancient Legion skins. Blizz is a clown company

- - - Updated - - -

At least I can uninstall with a good feeling now. Ade
    love WoWarcraft

5+ Year Old Account
    Not really happy from the rewards. They take out the prestige away from Mage Tower appearances. Need something truly unique, otherwise it's not worth doing it. Bear is nice, though.

Wait! “You can’t hide behind these walls forever, Odyn!” What is this?! A potential story spoiler? My god, is the Jailer going for Odyn?!

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Bigotry at its finest. Well have fun with ancient Legion skins. Blizz is a clown company

- - - Updated - - -

Bigotry?

That makes no sense.

you just say buzz words and hope it gives you internet points don't you. what here is bigoted? or do you even know what it means?

OT as sad as i am i only got about half the artifact skins, some of these armor sets are pretty cool, and the bear rocks. good choice to keep the past exclusive and add new rewards.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Bigotry?

That makes no sense.
    Don't expect sense from all MMO-C players. But this one honestly takes the cake.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh white knight inc

- - - Updated - - -

My opinion is my opinion you can not tolerate it, thats ok, why panic?
    Last edited by froschhure; 2021-09-15 at 08:39 PM.

The new druid skin is to test the waters. Probably they will add a ONE new artifact skin each time the Legion Timewalking event happens.

I think Blizzard will try that path because that druid skin is cooler than the ones of the original mage tower challenge.

ALSO, I believe if they offer new artifact skins for ALL classes, it would be impossible to complete in one week. So Blizzard is keeping you subbed by distributing the new artifact skins across multiple timewalking events...

On the other hand, the T20 recolors might be a way to test if set reskins are attractive...and maybe we will get MOP/WoD reskins for the mythic challenges...
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2021-09-15 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Bigotry?

That makes no sense.
    "If I use a word that scares companies atm, it will force them to do what I want." Basic idea behind their logic.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Oh white knight inc haha

- - - Updated - - -

Na opinion is my opinion you can not tolerate it, it is still mine
    Nobody is saying you can't have an opinion.

But having the right to an opinion isn't the same as your opinion being immune to criticism. Asking you to defend your opinion is entirely reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Did this clown just say "Bigotry"?? >.< Brain dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I told Several times it is cheap with no old rewards, they let it cycle into bonus events, but with crap rewards
    Last edited by froschhure; 2021-09-16 at 12:37 AM.
    love WoWarcraft

I don't agree with their reasoning, as someone who got all the skins I would want during Legion itself. If the challenges normalize player power so they remain consistently hard, they're arguably already more prestigious than the Legion MT which became faceroll when Antorus released.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was using bigot, Bigotry as a synoym for "to pretend" or "to feign" sorry it could cause this big misunderstanding. cheers
    Last edited by froschhure; 2021-09-15 at 08:06 PM.
    love WoWarcraft

- - - Updated - - -

That's cool, WOW isn't really for the woke, entitled crowd. The safe space is -------> that way. I promise, there will be no bigotry there and no one will try to hurt your feelings. I heard they had clowns there too.

"But for Guardian druids, the Mage Tower prize was an alternate bear form with a unique silhouette and animations."
    I mean... isn't that the same case with the Warrior and Paladin flails? There's literally been nothing like them since...

If they're going to bring back one Legion Artifact appearance (albeit with new colours), fuck man, just do it all. This worship of limited content is freaking stupid as hell. Just bring them back lmao. The only people who have a problem with this are sad shmucks who need to derive their worth and justify their cost sunk fallacy by ensuring they have something that others cannot.

Oh and Blizz is getting another lawsuit, so I'm sure it'll happen soon to coax more players back.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would have been nice for reskinned variants of the original skins but giving bland sets that no one will use is kinda lame. its worthwhile for the druid form and mount and thats really it.