There’s also a new Achievement coming in 9.1.5 for the most well-rounded champions of the Kirin Tor. Players who complete all seven of the Challenges on different characters across their Battle.net account will be rewarded with a unique flying mount: the Soaring Spelltome!
    Doubtful I'll ever be able to complete this but it gives hope the other poll mount ideas could be made. Still want that slime cat.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Mage tower returning confirmed Pog

7+ Year Old Account

This looks really cool.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well fuck.

On the one hand, yay not a store mount.

On the other, gotta go figure out how to manage this on my main and alts...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t get it why bring back werebear but nothing else if your going to break the unavailability for bears why not just give all of them a fel re colour.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it means every weapon will get fresh recolor. Imo it's best solution:

- weapons earned in Legion won't lose their status
    - people will have way to get this special model (especially important for Protection Warrior/Paladin and Guardian)
    - Blizzard won't open can of worms with bringing all rewards - but I hope people will start asking about lost content
    - Blizzard keep their word, so any future FOMO won't be ignored since "Blizz change mind anyway"
    - people who earned MT during Legion will have reason to repeat it

But there is new problem - Legion will really stand out among other TW, Timewalking is every 3 weeks, so Legion TW every 18 weeks.. yeah they should start think about TW every other week or double timewalking.

EDIT: Yeah, I should read whole blue post next time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I don’t get it why bring back werebear but nothing else if your going to break the unavailability for bears why not just give all of them a fel re colour.
    They literally just explained it in their post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Hopefully it means every weapon will get fresh recolor. Imo it's best solution:

- weapons earned in Legion won't lose their status
    - people will have way to get this special model (especially important for Protection Warrior/Paladin and Guardian)
    - Blizzard won't open can of worms with bringing all rewards - but I hope people will start asking about lost content
    - Blizzard keep their word, so any future FOMO won't be ignored since "Blizz change mind anyway"
    - people who earned MT during Legion will have reason to repeat it

But there is new problem - Legion will really stand out among other TW, Timewalking is every 3 weeks, so Legion TW every 18 weeks.. yeah they should start think about TW every other week or double timewalking.

EDIT: Yeah, I should read whole blue post next time.
    They won't, it's special case for Bears.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    During Legion, the Mage Tower awarded most specs a new weapon appearance, yet players who missed earning those still have countless other admirable weapon transmogs to collect across the whole of the game. But for Guardian druids, the Mage Tower prize was an alternate bear form with a unique silhouette and animations. There is simply nothing else like it in the game. For years, we’ve heard feedback from druid players who are frustrated that something so transformative is no longer available, and we agree.
    They did it simply because its a unique model.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They literally just explained it in their post.

- - - Updated - - -

They won't, it's special case for Bears.
    And I’d say the reason they give is kinda bull because there are no other flails in the game and they never brought back the unique cat form from wod.

Making an exception for one spec because it’s unique and ignoring the other unique things that aren't coming back seems nonsensical.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I’d say the reason they give is kinda bull because there are no other flails in the game and they never brought back the unique cat form from wod.

Making an exception for one spec because it’s unique and ignoring the other unique things that aren't coming back seems nonsensical.
    No it's not, you just don't like their explanation. WoD cat form was not from Mage tower, so it makes no sense bringing it here and flail is just a weapon, not entire form. They could give us nothing back, like they promised in the past, but gave extra bear form as a bonus. Yet it instantly became a problem for some. Srsly people.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-15 at 06:53 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No it's not, you just don't like their explanation. WoD cat form was not from Mage tower, so it makes no sense bringing it here and flail is just a weapon, not entire form.They could give us nothing like they promised in the past, but gave extra bear form. Yet it instantly became a problem for some. Srsly people.
    They don’t need to add the cat form to the mage tower to bring it back there’s no reason they can’t just add it in as a glyph in 9.1.5. it’s just odd that they say the bear from is coming back because it’s a unique silhouette people have been asking for but leave out the cat which is in the exact same boat.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just from my memory and quick look at post, I think fastest way to get everything would be this:

- Warrior - Fury - Agatha (1)
    - Hunter - BM - Worm (2)
    - Shaman - Resto - Blackrook (3)
    - Paladin - Retri - Queen (4)
    - Rogue - Outlaw - Agatha
    - Mage - Fire - Agatha
    - Druid - Guardian - Kruul (5)
    - Priest - Disc - Worm
    - Warlock - Affliction - Twins (6)
    - Monk - Windwalker - Worm
    - DK - Unholy - Agatha
    - DH - Havoc - Xylem (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They did it simply because its a unique model.
    Flail for Protection(s) are unique as well, but I guess this can be reintroduced any patch, like Outlaw MT smallsword.

It's blizzard they walk back decisions all the time and also make idiotic ones all the time.

Like giving rbg's vanilla pvp titles, that didnt seem to devalue anyones accomplishments.

Looking forward to redoing the MT, and i’ll be doing the tank and heals ones for the first time. From what I remember, Ret, BM and Fury were facerolls.

I even mained a mechagnome from when they released til about 2 months ago and forgot they even existed, and that says something lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    It's blizzard they walk back decisions all the time and also make idiotic ones all the time.

Like giving rbg's vanilla pvp titles, that didnt seem to devalue anyones accomplishments.
    People change their minds over time. Its not rocket science.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They don’t need to add the cat form to the mage tower to bring it back there’s no reason they can’t just add it in as a glyph in 9.1.5. it’s just odd that they say the bear from is coming back because it’s a unique silhouette people have been asking for but leave out the cat which is in the exact same boat.
    The cat silhouette is unique to the artifact as a whole. All of them are sabertoothed tigers, the Mage tower is just unique in that it is a ghostly version.
    For Guardian druid though the mage tower appearance is a unique model, distinct from the usual artifact model.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Just from my memory and quick look at post, I think fastest way to get everything would be this:

- Warrior - Fury - Agatha (1)
    - Hunter - BM - Worm (2)
    - Shaman - Resto - Blackrook (3)
    - Paladin - Retri - Queen (4)
    - Rogue - Outlaw - Agatha
    - Mage - Fire - Agatha
    - Druid - Guardian - Kruul (5)
    - Priest - Disc - Worm
    - Warlock - Affliction - Twins (6)
    - Monk - Windwalker - Worm
    - DK - Unholy - Agatha
    - DH - Havoc - Xylem (7)
    Sounds reasonable, would be my prefered choice as well I guess. Though I practically only care about the cloth sets, warrior, dh, the bear for druids and maybe paladin for now. I don't think the sets overall have as much of an appeal as the weapons had. I certainly won't be racing to get the ultra fugly oven-knight set for my DK. I'd rather have had them redo the abwsome looking set from Emerald Nightmare/Nighthold. :/

I just have to wonder about the balancing, as stuff like fire is nowhere near as potent for small scale AoE as it was in legion with the way phoenix and ignite spread works now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The cat silhouette is unique to the artifact as a whole. All of them are sabertoothed tigers, the Mage tower is just unique in that it is a ghostly version.
    For Guardian druid though the mage tower appearance is a unique model, distinct from the usual artifact model.
    I don't know man, it wasn't just ghostly, it was fucking neon with colored mist spraying all around you. It's certainly alot more flashy than the other forms and makes you look like Elune herself gave you a make-over.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I just have to wonder about the balancing, as stuff like fire is nowhere near as potent for small scale AoE as it was in legion with the way phoenix and ignite spread works now.
    I hope gear will be scalled like usual in Timewalking, imagine combo with THREE different legendaries. Maybe my list will go straight to trash cause some combo will just cheese some fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I don't know man, it wasn't just ghostly, it was fucking neon with colored mist spraying all around you. It's certainly alot more flashy than the other forms and makes you look like Elune herself gave you a make-over.
    It's damn cool, and it's easily recognizable. Point is more that it's still just a sabertoothed tiger that uses the usual cat form animations. The bear form yo uget from the mage tower however is entirely unique. There is absolutely no way of getting that same appearance or even anything similar with the tools available currently.
    The world revamp dream will never die!