Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    I share your sentiment.

The changes for 9.1.5 are extremely good. Very good.

People who aren't happy are likely never going to be happy with any decision Blizzard makes. Makes for a sad sad way to live life imo.
    I mean people are allowed to dislike Blizzard and/or WoW. The sexual harassment stuff is a disgrace, but at the same time, a lot of people who work for Blizzard and/or play a part in World of Warcraft had nothing to do with it. It is indeed kinda sad to sit posting multiple comments on a forum of something you hate... but that's just my opinion I'll no doubt be called a white knight now or something ell oh ell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't agree with their reasoning, as someone who got all the skins I would want during Legion itself. If the challenges normalize player power so they remain consistently hard, they're arguably already more prestigious than the Legion MT which became faceroll when Antorus released.
    It's the same vein of thinking as the recolored war bear from ZA, I'd imagine. Marginally difficult with a recolor / slightly different reward - at least for the bear - then probably expanded to the rest.

I got all the skins I wanted as well, not all, but some. Some were tough, some were stupidly easy. I don't find this awful to try to give people something that's been asked for. Will I bother? Maybe for the bear form.

It's an easy win for them, when they need lots of wins right now.

Don’t see how it diminishes their rewards, they still have them and had them for years now.
    Wonder what item level you’ll be set at for the tower, most only got them done when they were really over geared.

Lmfao, what a joke.

Silly me for reading the headline "Reopening of the Mage Tower" and thinking "Oh wow, maybe i'll sub again, this is cool!" only to be met with ActiBlizz's sorry excuse for game design.

LEGION THEMED TRANSMOG, REALLY?

Holy shit, staying in Eorzea for sure.

Honestly looks really great. I loved Legion timewalking, I'm glad the artifact appearances remain distinct but we still get something worth pursuing. DEFINITELY want to get my claws on the fel werebear form for my druid. It'd be a real challenge to get that spelltome mount but I have enough alts thanks to Legion I could probably do it. Call this what I'm most excited for in 9.1.5!

Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    Hi. I worked my butt off for the mage tower rewards when they were relevant and achieved all of them on my death knight. Including those same rewards does not devalue my work. I still did it and if the challenge was the same for new players attempting it to achieve the skins and rewards I worked for then good for them. It does not affect my gameplay, it does not cheapen my rewards, it does not upset me. It encourages my friends who missed out on them to play the game. It encourages me to challenge myself for the new rewards and it doesn’t bother me who has what cosmetic because it doesnt actually matter. I am sick and tired of the FOMO/“you had to be there” methodologies gaming companies rely on right now. Mythic gear from two expansions ago were/was the apex challenge to obtain for cosmetics and stats and two expansions later they are obtainable with ease. Who fricken cares. This whole “luxury status” needs to die. If my friend gets the same cosmetics I spent x amount of time on then good for them. I am not going to care. The only thing I will care about is how obnoxious the korthia rep grind is.
    100% agree. FOMO is the new corporate scam to get you to buy RIGHT THIS INSTANT or else miss out forever. It's just more of that short term profits over long term growth that I hate so much. How many man-hours were wasted creating all of these models, or the WoD and MoP challenge rewards, just to flush it all down the toilet when the FOMO scam ends? We pay monthly for them to trash content we paid for later on, think about that for a minute.

Everything should be available forever. Nothing should ever be removed for any reason. I am fine with things moving from 100% drop rate to 1% drop rate, like how Cutting Edge mounts work, but just getting rid of things is no bueno. You'd think they would have learned this lesson by now after the shitstorm from Cataclysm deleting vanilla content or getting rid of flying in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    100% agree. FOMO is the new corporate scam to get you to buy RIGHT THIS INSTANT or else miss out forever. It's just more of that short term profits over long term growth that I hate so much. How many man-hours were wasted creating all of these models, or the WoD and MoP challenge rewards, just to flush it all down the toilet when the FOMO scam ends? We pay monthly for them to trash content we paid for later on, think about that for a minute.

Everything should be available forever. Nothing should ever be removed for any reason. I am fine with things moving from 100% drop rate to 1% drop rate, like how Cutting Edge mounts work, but just getting rid of things is no bueno. You'd think they would have learned this lesson by now after the shitstorm from Cataclysm deleting vanilla content or getting rid of flying in WoD.
    You understand FOMO is just a negative psychological effect related to opportunity cost. Its not new nor is designing around limited opportunity. Have you ever heard of the concept of a sale? It can result in feeling like oyu are missing out on the same thing as well as all kinds of social media interactions. I know FOMO is like the word of the month but to call it "new" is fucking X D.

If FOMO is causing the amount of anxiety you seem to be implying I 100% agree with you quitting the game. Understand not all people get driven up the wall by this concept and understand opportunity cost is a normal thing in day to day life
    Last edited by Elbob; 2021-09-16 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like their stance.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Just when I thought I couldnt be more disappointed in blizzard they do this. So fucking lazy to reuse years old assets with a slight recolor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareshka View Post
    Did this clown just say "Bigotry"?? >.< Brain dead.
    bigotry also means ''obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion'' this....may be what they mean,like blizzard has some sort of attachement to their opinion regarding adding these back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont think you know what the fuck bigotry is...
    this above maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't want to do a boss fight I already did for a cheap recolor. I would like to get a new story and a new boss fight with a new reward.
    That was never the case with timewalking.

There are several raid and dungeon bosses that are new in Shadowlands. With new rewards. Feel free to try them out.

You should complain about things you dislike. But complaining about timewalking having zero new content is missing the mark. And, there ARE new rewards in the new tint of tier 20.

7+ Year Old Account
    Healing works really differently in SL compared to Legion, I hope they re-balance the healing challenge properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I think if they were gonna do legion tier recolors, I'd rather they have done T19. Gimme this sexy beast of a fan edit.

This, for me tier 19 was the best design armour sets for most (not all) classes. Especially DKs and Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    If FOMO is causing the amount of anxiety you seem to be implying I 100% you quitting the game.
    Already quit, FF14 understands evergreen content.

I don't need to bend over backwards to justify a sunk-cost fallacy. Nor do I need to spend money on deceptive marketing tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Already quit, FF14 understands evergreen content.

I don't need to bend over backwards to justify a sunk-cost fallacy. Nor do I need to spend money on deceptive marketing tactics.
    The game that literally had to nuke itself to start from scratch by removing everything understands evergreen content?

Or moving limited time seasonal rewards to a cash shop instead?

I have nothing against FFXIV and have enjoyed playing it, but it very well does have its own flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the new bear form looks awesome. And sure, some of those armor recolors look great.

But seriously, fuck Bliz's bullshit. There is no good reason for not bringing back the old skins. And no, I don't want to hear
    the bullshit excuse of "limited availability", because that's all it is, a bullshit, lazy, retarded excuse.

Everyone who got the old stuff got to walk around and show off with it for a few years. Now its time for everyone else to
    be able to get the skins that they want. For those who got'em the first time, give them a special title or achievement. There,
    you now have your permanent bragging right. Now fuck off and let the rest of us get what we want.

Seriously, I really wish this company would never do time limited garbage ever again. Some things can be limited
    (seasonal events only lasting for a season or the Darkmoon Faire being a week long one month event) and that's fine.

But stuff like this? Fuck off. Just fuck right off Bliz.

And ftr I got the skins for my class way before. Doesn't mean I'm an entitled prick who doesn't want other people to be
    able to get an awesome skin like I got.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    I mean... isn't that the same case with the Warrior and Paladin flails? There's literally been nothing like them since...

If they're going to bring back one Legion Artifact appearance (albeit with new colours), fuck man, just do it all. This worship of limited content is freaking stupid as hell. Just bring them back lmao. The only people who have a problem with this are sad shmucks who need to derive their worth and justify their cost sunk fallacy by ensuring they have something that others cannot.

Oh and Blizz is getting another lawsuit, so I'm sure it'll happen soon to coax more players back.
    That only people who want them added back are sad shmucks who need to derive their worth from getting something they didn't earn. I can generalize too if you want to pejoratively group people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    So let me get this straight... you are upset... that there is a time limit to SOME rewards in the game.. Did I get that right?

Even though Blizzard gave players a full YEAR+ notice that they were not going to be obtainable after the end of the Legion expansion.

You had a year+ including a patch of the expansion that made the tower largely trivial, and you are still upset that they aren't giving you access to the cosmetics?

I'd say don't let the door hit you on the way out, but lets be real, see you in patch 9.1.5!
    Time locking stuff like this is just plain stupid. Why are these time locked, yet we can go back and get any Mythic set we want when Mythics were probably completed far less than the Mage Tower stuff. Exclusivity? I have two of the main ones i wanted, but it has been 5 damn years, let the people have them. Especially given most people who have them probably don't even transmog them all the time anyways. Trying to flex on other people in a damn game has always been cringe worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Time locking stuff like this is just plain stupid. Why are these time locked, yet we can go back and get any Mythic set we want when Mythics were probably completed far less than the Mage Tower stuff. Exclusivity? I have two of the main ones i wanted, but it has been 5 damn years, let the people have them. Especially given most people who have them probably don't even transmog them all the time anyways. Trying to flex on other people in a damn game has always been cringe worthy.
    No.

No its not. Part of the pull of an MMO is the prestige of doing things, and getting rewards that no one else was able to obtain because of hard work, skill or otherwise. Not everything in the game should be removed after the expansion it was available passes, but there should still be some things that were only available when you played during that time and did something that took skill or hard work. It makes those items and accomplishments much more special.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    bigotry also means ''obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion'' this....may be what they mean,like blizzard has some sort of attachement to their opinion regarding adding these back?
    I have yet to see the word "bigotry" be defined like that.

I've only ever seen the word be defined as a synonym for "prejudice" and "intolerance".