Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We probably already had some, we just don't know about it yet.
    With the current way Shadowlands is going I'm just expecting the Primus' little speech to be the only thing we get from now until the 9.2 Announcement

Extra offerings from emissaries when upgrading the anima conductor is nice. Should make it much easier to farm lots of offerings.

I do feel this expansion kinda has to end early at this point though. What with all these convenience related changes we are going to reach the wall real fast. Anima is already all but pointless, and once the remaining currency rewards become the same then the game will kinda fall apart as anything but a raidlog sim.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I don't particularly dislike Shadowlands, but with how slow the patches have been, I definitely want 10.0 asap, plus it would seem extra special since blizzard has a LOT to apologize for plus it being "10.0" might be made into a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Sexism is deeply anchored in this one. It shows how deeply rooted sexism is in our society, that you can't even see how this is sexism.
    And yes, I applaud for removing skimpy transmogs. Not sure what you guys like about it.
    laughs in a good percentage of lore relevant male characters having bare chests

(inb4 "m-muh male power fantasy")

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    laughs in a good percentage of lore relevant male characters having bare chests

(inb4 "m-muh male power fantasy")
    That is the point. Women have historically been oppressed, men have had a tendency to not be.

Yes it's still sexist to have shirtless buff dudes walking around everywhere, but it isn't really comparable.

I can't see this conversation going anywhere but mods having to remove posts, but I'll end it by saying this.

I don't think it's sexist for anyone male or female, to be in a skimpy outfit or showing cleavage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That is the point. Women have historically been oppressed, men have had a tendency to not be.

Yes it's still sexist to have shirtless buff dudes walking around everywhere, but it isn't really comparable.
    This is such a cop out, holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I can't see this conversation going anywhere but mods having to remove posts, but I'll end it by saying this.

I don't think it's sexist for anyone male or female, to be in a skimpy outfit or showing cleavage.
    That's because you make sense.

Anyway, you new-age puritans can keep your game, lol.

new-age puritans
    See, this would at least be somewhat respectable if Blizzard didn't harbor human filth behind the scenes.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Any guess on when we should be getting at least a little hint on 9.2?
    I'd expected something around now, but then I didn't expect them to do a whole PTR cycle for 9.1.5 (or even 9.1.5 at all in these times).

At this point I'm guessing... reveal in November, PTR in the new year?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    See, this would at least be somewhat respectable if Blizzard didn't harbor human filth behind the scenes.
    "Please stop sexually harassing your employees."
    "Mmmmmmmmaybe but hey we changed some voice lines, ingame paintings and achievements to be less heckin problematic for the 5 people on twitter whose likes are ever so important to us. Hork for us now."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We probably already had some, we just don't know about it yet.
    Hey remember someone saying that Elune-heavy shop set means Realm of Life for 10.0?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

"Please stop sexually harassing your employees."
    "Mmmmmmmmaybe but hey we changed some voice lines, ingame paintings and achievements to be less heckin problematic for the 5 people on twitter whose likes are ever so important to us. Hork for us now."
    Honestly, it's quite disturbing if Blizzard thinks stuff changed in game makes their situation any better. I genuinely hope the victims get justice and something radical is done inside of Blizzard. Hopefully they can prove they changed, excluding the useless shit changed in WoW, like some actual real life proof they aren't scumbags anymore.

This is such a cop out, holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because you make sense.

Anyway, you new-age puritans can keep your game, lol.
    It still true. This is exactly the entire point behind it. Women have historically been oppressed long enough that it became part of pop culture.

It's a mostly pointless gesture as it removes the problem without really addressing why it was such and how it could be changed, but it something nonetheless.

At a risk of getting too political, this is pretty much similar to the whole "all lives matter" counterculture to the Black Lives Matter movement.

Besides, why should anyone really care if Blizzard tries to score Woke points by changing a painting that noone will ever see? Are there legitimately anyone harmed by one painting being replaced with an HD one, and another being upscaled but made less risqué?
    If this had been part of a greater doodad patch that upscaled old paintings and such I doubt anyone would have even cared enough to notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd expected something around now, but then I didn't expect them to do a whole PTR cycle for 9.1.5 (or even 9.1.5 at all in these times).

At this point I'm guessing... reveal in November, PTR in the new year?
    I wouldn't really expect anything until another 5 weeks once we hit renown 80.
    There is a small chance we might see something added to the PTR later, or something that is hidden, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If I were to hazard a guess I would say the developers in charge of that aspect of the game have all been moved to 9.2 already.

It still true. This is exactly the entire point behind it. Women have historically been oppressed long enough that it became part of pop culture.

It's a mostly pointless gesture as it removes the problem without really addressing why it was such and how it could be changed, but it something nonetheless.

At a risk of getting too political, this is pretty much similar to the whole "all lives matter" counterculture to the Black Lives Matter movement.

Besides, why should anyone really care if Blizzard tries to score Woke points by changing a painting that noone will ever see? Are there legitimately anyone harmed by one painting being replaced with an HD one, and another being upscaled but made less risqué?
    If this had been part of a greater doodad patch that upscaled old paintings and such I doubt anyone would have even cared enough to notice.
    This one gets it. Thanks for putting it into better words than I am able to.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2021-09-16 at 08:00 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't really expect anything until another 5 weeks once we hit renown 80.
    There is a small chance we might see something added to the PTR later, or something that is hidden, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If I were to hazard a guess I would say the developers in charge of that aspect of the game have all been moved to 9.2 already.
    Sorry, Sondrelk. You've had too much twitter.

A painting of a woman with slight cleavage is in no way a sign of rampant and culturally normalized misogyny. What happened to you guys to flip you around to being so repressed again other than social credit based on a grift ideology?

Sorry, Sondrelk. You've had too much twitter.

A painting of a woman with slight cleavage is in no way a sign of rampant and culturally normalized misogyny. What happened to you guys to flip you around to being so repressed again other than social credit based on a grift ideology?
    I don't use Twitter, but sure.

No the painting wasn't a culmination of everything wrong with sexism in the world, but it was still sexist for no discernible reason.

I would have been more likely to agree with you if this specific painting had any sort of reason to look this way at all. I would be far more annoyed at the removal of the Steamy Romance Novels for instance, not just because they are more integrated into the game, but also because the sexy stuff is a deliberate satire of pocket romance novels.

The painting is just dumb. I have never cared enough to notice before now, and I will probably never think about it again. But I can still recognize that it might be construed as sexist and therefore be fine with removing it.

If you want to argue that Blizzard only did this to score points then sure, but they are not announcing it, Wowhead and other dataminers are.
    If it wasn't for dedicated people scouring the changelings then stuff like this would have flown right past you.

I don't use Twitter, but sure.

No the painting wasn't a culmination of everything wrong with sexism in the world, but it was still sexist for no discernible reason.

I would have been more likely to agree with you if this specific painting had any sort of reason to look this way at all. I would be far more annoyed at the removal of the Steamy Romance Novels for instance, not just because they are more integrated into the game, but also because the sexy stuff is a deliberate satire of pocket romance novels.

The painting is just dumb. I have never cared enough to notice before now, and I will probably never think about it again. But I can still recognize that it might be construed as sexist and therefore be fine with removing it.

If you want to argue that Blizzard only did this to score points then sure, but they are not announcing it, Wowhead and other dataminers are.
    If it wasn't for dedicated people scouring the changelings then stuff like this would have flown right past you.
    There really is nothing sexist about it. It's a small flavor thing. It'd have the same impact if it was Illidan, or just a random guy.

None of this overzealous searching for sexism seems in any way grassroots and if I were able to enter an alternate reality portal where this terminally too-online fad of hyper-analyzing everything in order to find some sort of -ist slight to it wasn't present, I would go so far as to believe nobody would bring it up. Would you have?

Datamining was a mistake

Not trying to play mod here, but isn't there another thread for this stuff? I haven't seen one even made about these changes yet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Any guess on when we should be getting at least a little hint on 9.2?
    Very likely something will happen around FF14 expac (second half of November I think?). Optimistic scenario would be 9.1.5 on October 19th and big 9.2 reveal + PTR month later (wanna bet it will be done by Ybarra or Ion+Ybarra?). Pessimistic is release of 9.1.5 mid November, although finally we started testing important stuff on PTR.

About story, doubt we will get anything this patch. Sylvanas is unconscious, Primus is working on key, Jailer is settling in new realm and looking for mcguffin, story will literally move on during 9.2 launch.