Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So those who won’t have time to give Mage Tower a try

Need to wait for 6 months to see it again?
    I will be fully focused on a new gaming adventure around the same time as the release of 9.1.5 and was wondering, why not have timewalking be permanent, rotating on a weekly basis to a different expansion? Even then, legion content will still take a while to be seen again, but at least we would have a variety of content to do at max level for casuals.

What do you guys think?

I don't think there's any harm in having all the Timewalking events up all the time, but I always felt the lack of options in dungeons was a bigger hurdle than the 'cycle' of the expansions and each of them having its own dedicated week. The Mage Tower with new rewards definitely presents a question in that area since it's not the simple "do 5 dungeons for loot" but rather a challenge that may require multiple tries to get.

I don't really mind which way they decide to do it but I'm also curious if the mage tower reward is something you really want, couldn't you just play some more that week when it's active? Even if you are playing another game in that time, it's not like playing a game is exclusive and you can't play others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I don't think there's any harm in having all the Timewalking events up all the time, but I always felt the lack of options in dungeons was a bigger hurdle than the 'cycle' of the expansions and each of them having its own dedicated week. The Mage Tower with new rewards definitely presents a question in that area since it's not the simple "do 5 dungeons for loot" but rather a challenge that may require multiple tries to get.

I don't really mind which way they decide to do it but I'm also curious if the mage tower reward is something you really want, couldn't you just play some more that week when it's active? Even if you are playing another game in that time, it's not like playing a game is exclusive and you can't play others.
    It’s just that I don’t wanna sub for a month then cancel again and wait for 6 more months just to do the same. I’m offering a permanent sub to blizzard here...basically saying yes you’re right I do wanna play both but the current system is not incentivizing it.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think that I probably won't be able to level and gear all my alts up within the 2 weeks it's gonna be available, in order to finish it in one go. So no Spelltome mount for me on the first interval the event is gonna be available. I could try to level them now so they'd be ready but I would reaaaaaaaaally prefer to do it after all the QoL changes come live (buy renown, auto complete Covenant Campaign, torghast leveling etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I think that I probably won't be able to level and gear all my alts up within the 2 weeks it's gonna be available, in order to finish it in one go. So no Spelltome mount for me on the first interval the event is gonna be available. I could try to level them now so they'd be ready but I would reaaaaaaaaally prefer to do it after all the QoL changes come live (buy renown, auto complete Covenant Campaign, torghast leveling etc).
    You’re saying you have to play by their rules? Whatever happened to freedom of choice? I did pay for legion only to see it rendered irrelevant completely...other mmos don’t do that. This business model and game design direction is fully discouraging me from buying the next expansion altogether. Especially now that I have what I’ve been waiting for for years to play as my main game. Not saying I hate WoW and don’t wanna play ever again, just saying it’s not doing the minimum to get me to wanna play it again.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-09-16 at 09:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Didn't bother with it in 7.2 besides getting the only artifact skin I wanted. Won't bother with it in 9.1.5 - but cool for the peolpe who wants to do it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    You’re saying you have to play by their rules? Whatever happened to freedom of choice? I did pay for legion only to see it rendered irrelevant completely...other mmos don’t do that. This business model and game design direction is fully discouraging me from buying the next expansion altogether. Especially now that I have what I’ve been waiting for for years to play as my main game.
    I mean, I don't play the game right now because of the Legion TW, currently paying sub because I'm still progressing on SoD M. It's just an extra that I'd really like to be at least a month available on first release so I have the time to do things properly. As for you, who would be unavailable on its 1st release for whatever (acceptable) reason, it might suck a little more at first but the next time it's up you'd probably be swarmed with the best tactics to do it (they existed already but diff spells/trinkets etc this time around)

why not have timewalking be permanent
    Because Blizzard wants to maximize subs by exploiting FOMO and doesn't give a shit about the experience their customers are having. If they did then the MoP and WoD legendary questlines and the Mage Tower would have never been removed in the first place.

I mean, I don't play the game right now because of the Legion TW, currently paying sub because I'm still progressing on SoD M. It's just an extra that I'd really like to be at least a month available on first release so I have the time to do things properly. As for you, who would be unavailable on its 1st release for whatever (acceptable) reason, it might suck a little more at first but the next time it's up you'd probably be swarmed with the best tactics to do it (they existed already but diff spells/trinkets etc this time around)
    So you’re saying it’s ok, don’t sub, they don’t need your and other people’s money now, but maybe in 6 months?

Contact cs and ask for a couple days. Done.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you’re saying it’s ok, don’t sub, they don’t need your and other people’s money now, but maybe in 6 months?
    I'm saying it's your choice to not play it right now, so it's only fair to miss it out. But it's also a choice with no serious consequences, since it won't be a one time thing. It will be available every time it's up, and who knows, Blizz might bring it back more often than the rest of the TW, since it also has M+.

I'm saying it's your choice to not play it right now, so it's only fair to miss it out. But it's also a choice with no serious consequences, since it won't be a one time thing. It will be available every time it's up, and who knows, Blizz might bring it back more often than the rest of the TW, since it also has M+.
    If anything, they’re making it very easy for me to not see it being worth it to resub. Unless they come back with “we are listening to feedback and we will make it happen” which would be nice to see again since they have been doing it recently.

It’s just that I don’t wanna sub for a month then cancel again and wait for 6 more months just to do the same. I’m offering a permanent sub to blizzard here...basically saying yes you’re right I do wanna play both but the current system is not incentivizing it.
    I mean, just do that if that's your prerogative. Most people would not sub "permanently" just b/c of the mage tower and I seriously doubt you would either.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Need to wait for 6 months to see it again?
    I will be fully focused on a new gaming adventure around the same time as the release of 9.1.5 and was wondering, why not have timewalking be permanent, rotating on a weekly basis to a different expansion? Even then, legion content will still take a while to be seen again, but at least we would have a variety of content to do at max level for casuals.

What do you guys think?
    so? same goes for all the timewalking events; they are bonus events that we get, so no having them every single week is essentially making them not a bonus event but just another thing to do every single week. also what do you mean "those who won't have the time to give Mage Tower a try"? for gods sake, the event is in the calendar, if people want to do it they know when it is on and can work around that to make sure they at least give it a go.

going off your logic we should also have world quest bonus week and mythic dungeon week available every single week? I mean why not, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    If anything, they’re making it very easy for me to not see it being worth it to resub. Unless they come back with “we are listening to feedback and we will make it happen” which would be nice to see again since they have been doing it recently.
    You made your decision because you wanted to play something else on October when the 9.1.5 update is probably gonna roll on live servers. It's not about them making it easy for you to not sub, Timewalking was always up on limited time, and so were the vendors who also had specific rewards depending on the Timewalking expansion. You could never buy the Wrath horse on a WoD timewalking. You had to wait for it the next time it was up, even if you had 25k token stash. That's how it always was. Problem this time is you might need to be somewhat geared and have some investment on your characters so you can get the rewards. Unless they are giganerfed and able to be done with 200-220ilvl.

You’re saying you have to play by their rules? Whatever happened to freedom of choice?
    Their game, their rules. If they make "rules" you don't agree with, you object by unsubbing and voicing your opinion. But I really hope you understand "freedom of choice" doesn't mean you get to dictate how they design the game. You can voice your opinion but again, it's their game, and they have the "freedom of choice" to design it how they want. You don't have to play it.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-09-16 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Their game, their rules. If they make bad rules, you object by unsubbing and voicing your opinion. But I really hope you understand "freedom of choice" doesn't mean you get to dictate how they design the game. You can voice your opinion but again, it's their game, and they have the "freedom of choice" to design it how they want. You don't have to play it.
    Thing is I paid for the legion expansion and had an active subscription throughout its entirety. They took my money and threw the content I paid for in the trash bin. So I feel like I got scammed. This is what others have been calling parasitic game design. No other mmo does this. If the content is being made relevant again even if for one week every month and a half, I’d come back. But once every 6 months is just...I dunno what to call it. I just don’t understand why they treat their paying customers like that. No other mmo does this to their players. It feels like abuse.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-09-16 at 09:57 AM.

Thing is I paid for the legion expansion and had an active subscription throughout its entirety. They took my money and threw the content I paid for in the trash bin. So I feel like I got scammed. This is what others have been calling parasitic game design. No other mmo does this.
    The amount of entitlement in your posts is remarkable. First off, every mmo does this. Not all content lasts forever. Secondly, it wasn't thrown in the trash bin as you can see, it's coming back. Thirdly, you got what you paid for. There was never a guarantee they would maintain all the content from every expansion ever released, forever, in fact they guarantee the opposite and provide ample warning when systems are being rotated out.

Thing is I paid for the legion expansion and had an active subscription throughout its entirety. They took my money and threw the content I paid for in the trash bin. So I feel like I got scammed. This is what others have been calling parasitic game design. No other mmo does this. If the content is being made relevant again even if for one week every month and a half, I’d come back. But once every 6 months is just...I dunno what to call it. I just don’t understand why they treat their paying customers like that. No other mmo does this to their players. It feels like abuse.
    If you played through all of Legion and had a good time you got value out of the game? I don't really get what you mean by "they threw the content I paid for in the trash bin" unless you mean them making another expansion which invalidated Legion as that wasn't max level anymore. But that's how it's always been since TBC. A new expansion comes out and the focus shifts to the new zones/dungeons/raids/battlegrounds or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you are the problem of the game and blizzard shouldn't cater to you? If you don't want to be subbed, you don't have to. But don't cry you won't get timewalking rewards lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE