Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This whole paintings thing is just silly. I certainly ain't going to feign some outrage there, but I do have this ironic thinking about how covering up women is apparently all the rage for Blizzard in 2k21 as if we're in good ol' middle ages there.

Nice. They updated an icon I'll never see in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Dear child, what would you like nerfed? both Assa/WW aren't even in the top 5 dps specs for Mythic+ or Mythic raiding, infact WW monk is ranked the lowest dps in heroic.
    Which means you want them nerfed for PVP i'm assuming? thank god blizzard doesn't listen to the moronic MMoC children who want nerfs based off PVP.
    i guess ur 14 year old that is hardstuck at 1.4k. ofc they need nerfs in pvp

Censoring ingame art that is art is actually a pretty funny meta joke when you think about it.

This is honestly both sad and insanely comical at the same time. I truly feel sorry for people living in the US that have to deal with such a puritan view of sexualization of either gender.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, they definitely fixed it because of the quality. Because the game has thousands of low res assets and this specific one is for some reason super important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank goodness they got rid of the low quality paintings of a woman showing her midriff. That is too much for our young Christian eyes to bare witness to.

I for one am glad that everyone has decided that the Christian conservatives of the 90s and 00s were right and that everything should be censored that shows any type of skin. Think of the children after all! They might see this painting and decide to start touching themselves and thus would be damned to hell for all eternity.

Thank you Blizzard for helping take us further and further back into the conservative days of old. With brave changes like this we can eventually make a new Reagan America. Maybe we can eventually enter a world where we force women to cover up entirely like Saudi Arabia does.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Yes:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/vanilla...h-9-1-5-324200

While I understand that they want to desexualize the game, I can't avoid to be fascinated by USA culture, where female body seems to be more offensive than these severed heads:

It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever, ESPECIALLY considering that the deep cleavage one was actually a reference to the old alpha models of human females, and was essentially an easter egg for a previous build of the game most players have never seen, and the one with the woman lying down showed no more 'skin' than the ACTUAL in-game underwear that anyone can show off at any moment in the real game.

Makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2021-09-16 at 03:42 PM.

So what's next? Goblin biker girls seems like an obvious choice, potentially followed by bikini armor.

This puritanical crap is creepy. They actually ruined the painting as well, the woman at least had character mixing nobility with some sort of disdain in her eyes while the new one has a bland face without emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aynen View Post

Yeah, they definitely fixed it because of the quality. Because the game has thousands of low res assets and this specific one is for some reason super important.
    The original one seems to also have a high collar, and the cleveage doesn't even reach the navel (it closes at the point of the sternum)

(sorry for the terrible edit, i used Paint xD)
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2021-09-16 at 04:58 PM.

For all the outrage over the paintings, perhaps consider Occam's razor: These paintings are being changed because of who did the art for them, not because of the content per say.

They have been doing a lot of work to remove references to Afrasiabi, McCree, LeCraft, and others from wow and - thus far at least - they are not changing every single art asset in the game and there is no indication they intend to change bikini chain mail or anything yet. That suggests these very specific pieces of art are being changed for very specific reasons.

If you DO want to go off into conspiracy land, consider the possibility that the woman in the red dress is based on someone who works or worked at blizzard or perhaps just resembles the painting and it was a source of harassment for her and they are now removing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, AoE slowly going back to what it once was, who would have thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Since i can't post on the actual forums without an active sub.

So outlaw rogues, as usual, aren't allowed to do AoE damage huh? We just get the shit end of the stick for only thing we're supposed to be good at? Feels super good knowing if i go to do any kinda old content i'll take 4 times longer then if i actually had a pair of daggers. Super amazing to have the AoE rogue unable to AoE like everyone else.

Yeah, all these complications stem from the players overly sexualizing paintings! This will be a great step towards no more problematic behaviour!

In the distance: Yo, bruh, wanna go make Debrah strip on her booth?

that painting change is just too much Blizz. You are trying way to hard.
    Are we now 5 year olds that need to be coddled?
    Seriously Blizz, way unnecessary
    Grow a set please

The clownshow continues, lol.

Our employees literally cannot stop fucking up, what do we do?

Punish the players!

Dear Blizzard,

Making your game a soulless, joyless husk that takes no risks and pushes no boundaries just removes even more reasons for anyone to play your game. All you're doing is removing character and polish and replacing it with bland corporation.

You know what I identify with? Corporate PR, that's what........said no one fucking ever.

Blizzard, I can see a dick joke and not go out and rape/molest women.

Apparently you can't, but don't make that my problem.
    Last edited by hydrium; 2021-09-16 at 07:19 PM.

And the virtue signaling continues sigh...