Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've played FFXIV post ARR, and I'm not impressed. WoW should in no way try to emulate FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

The major selling point of SWTOR is the existing content related to SWTOR. Resetting that would have huge financial implications. ARR was possible because no one gives a shit about FF. People care deeply about SW.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will get the game if they keep it free to play as option like the original did.. also would love to see ahsako tano as a hirable bodyguard.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumahki View Post
    I've played FFXIV post ARR, and I'm not impressed. WoW should in no way try to emulate FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

The major selling point of SWTOR is the existing content related to SWTOR. Resetting that would have huge financial implications. ARR was possible because no one gives a shit about FF. People care deeply about SW.
    People point to FFXIV as proof games can relaunch with success, but outside of FFXIV, I cannot name another game that redid itself and ended up more successful.

Star Was Galaxies did a redo of their systems and fans of Galaxies hated it, for example.

The issue is with a redo is you are taking a HUGE risk in a rework where you have to hope your changes will bring in a lot more players than you'll lose because you will lose players.

And SWTOR doesn't really need to change, while it isn't a big 5 MMO, it is pretty steady. Any big shake up will likely cost players more than bring in anyone new.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

ARR was possible because no one gives a shit about FF.
    ARR was possible because the OG was abysmal.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine living in a world where you think no one cares about Final Fantasy...

ARR worked because Square Enix admitted they fucked up and promised to do better, and then did better.
    It worked because SE themselves care about FF enough to throw more time and money at a 'failed' project to fix it. Where most other companies would just write off the loss and pretend it never happened.

Both developer and players cared.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    SWTOR is great ff14 is just not good i get people wanting it to be a good mmorpg to fight wow but it really isnt a good mmo SWTOR is way better.
    Opinions GREATLY vary on your opinion here. But you stay loyal to your game and I will stay loyal to mine. Have a Great day.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    ...with the coming high republic...
    From the fans I've talked to High Republic was dead on arrival. SWtoR is still a solid game with probably a little too much reliance on lock boxes for cool cosmetics. All in all sounds like a great plan if you wanted to kill the current player base to cater to an audience that doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    From the fans I've talked to High Republic was dead on arrival.
    I second this motion....

All I see are bits that get laughed off of general platforms only present when third parties cite it as abysmally bad... like "The Vessel"... or "Geode"...

Nothing can work well as SWTOR is fundamentally flawed with its terrible engine and scattered design direction. I spent four years in it. There were hundreds of servers at launch. Years later it's still the same 32 bit, outdated in every technical aspect, content deprived Frankenstein of a game that keeps scaling up their 10 years old instances.

A good and modern Star Wars online game with ample content, features and satisfying gameplay will automatically print money, but getting to that point is a challenge I'm not sure which studio would take.

But it keeps and will keep having a playerbase, since "Star Wars" is an automatic magnet, much like how FF is a weeb playground.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Nothing can work well as SWTOR is fundamentally flawed with its terrible engine and scattered design direction. I spent four years in it. There were hundreds of servers at launch. Years later it's still the same 32 bit, outdated in every technical aspect, content deprived Frankenstein of a game that keeps scaling up their 10 years old instances.

A good and modern Star Wars online game with ample content, features and satisfying gameplay will automatically print money, but getting to that point is a challenge I'm not sure which studio would take.

But it keeps and will keep having a playerbase, since "Star Wars" is an automatic magnet, much like how FF is a weeb playground.
    The problem is that the market cannot sustain two Star Wars MMOs operating at the same time. So, if they did release a new one, SWTOR would be shut down.

And launching a new MMO with "ample" content isn't exactly an easy thing to do because you will be competing with games that have had content for over a decade. So, what will be enough or "ample" is questionable at best.

And on top of that, SWTOR is printing money. It may not be as much as possible, but it is low risk with decent reward so there is no financial reason to take a risk on a new Star Wars MMO.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Look, ARR worked because Square Enix actually listened, realised it was a complete fucking shambles and redesigned it before people got attached to it.

All an ARR would do for other games is push away the handful of people who are still left. That's if they're actually alive, and there isn't a dead man's card still paying the sub.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does swtor still have that mini-game with your ship that was more fun than it ever had any right to be? Did it get expanded?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Look, ARR worked because Square Enix actually listened, realised it was a complete fucking shambles and redesigned it before people got attached to it.

All an ARR would do for other games is push away the handful of people who are still left. That's if they're actually alive, and there isn't a dead man's card still paying the sub.
    Then they wrote the people who did get attached to it into the flippin story of the relaunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Does swtor still have that mini-game with your ship that was more fun than it ever had any right to be? Did it get expanded?

- - - Updated - - -

Then they wrote the people who did get attached to it into the flippin story of the relaunch.
    They have the on rails version that has been almost completely ignored since launch and a pvpish version that is several years old that is mostly ignored though it has a small but loyal fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    also would love to see ahsako tano as a hirable bodyguard.
    you know she isn't even alive until like a thousand years after the game takes place right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    you know she isn't even alive until like a thousand years after the game takes place right?
    Time travel has been made "canon" so it could be possible. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/World_Between_Worlds
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Time travel has been made "canon" so it could be possible. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/World_Between_Worlds
    That is correct, but we don't yet know how Time Travel works in Star Wars.
    –The Sith Code

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    They have the on rails version that has been almost completely ignored since launch and a pvpish version that is several years old that is mostly ignored though it has a small but loyal fanbase.
    Aww thats disappointing. I liked that mini game, rarely ever skipped it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That is correct, but we don't yet know how Time Travel works in Star Wars.
    Well if thier ships have warp speed capablities then i do believe time travel could be possible.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Well if thier ships have warp speed capablities then i do believe time travel could be possible.
    They don't. The ships use hyperspace which is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The game needs a new engine, that was always the biggest flaw with SWTOR that everything felt so clunky and choppy. I'm surprised that Bioware is still hanging around after Anthem was a complete and total flop, I figured that would've been the nail in the coffin. EA has completely ruined that studio.