Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10.0 dual classes

No it's not what you may be thinking. Not advocating for some weird unbalanced complicated system where you combine two classes or use abilities from one class with another.

Instead, what if we had the option to pick an additional class that way may activate by speaking to class trainers.

I know many people feel with alts that a feature like this would feel redundant. I disagree.

Not everyone, such as my self, has the time to play alts or are too committed to one toon. Yet might be interested in a different class.

So why not give us the ability to pick a second class.

Would give a form of competition to ff14 since they're able to play as all classes on one toon.

Another benefit would be for players who play pure dps classes would have the opportunity to pick a hybrid class and be able to tank or heal and not be forced to play an alt.

Alts would still be useful as prof alts, classes not available to your race, extra xmog/mog runs, everything that people play alts for.

To supplement this, expand race/class combos too. But ones that actually make sense instead of combos like maghar warlock, velf/undead paladins, draenie warlocks.

i assume you mean „10.0 dual classes“ instead of „10.0 duel classes“…

besides that it seems you not realized how blizz makes profit. they WANT you to do all that shit again, when playing alts. thats why i.e. rep is still not accountwide. they NOT WANT give you options, working against this philosophy.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-16 at 02:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    While it is an okay idea ... it would be terrible to implement.

I suppose if you put in a restriction like classes must share armor type (IE: Death Knight could Duel Class with Paladin or Warrior, but not Shaman) that could kind of work.

Obvious this gives Leather the most choices though and people who play Hunter or Shaman get the short end of the stick.

It would be terrible because essentially you would have to gear the same character essentially twice. Right now, when you are talking about specs, it isn't really as hard as armor will change primary stat if different and there is overlap in what gear is the best.

New Specs is just an overall better choice than Dual Classes to do.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    While it is an okay idea ... it would be terrible to implement.

I suppose if you put in a restriction like classes must share armor type (IE: Death Knight could Duel Class with Paladin or Warrior, but not Shaman) that could kind of work.

Obvious this gives Leather the most choices though and people who play Hunter or Shaman get the short end of the stick.

It would be terrible because essentially you would have to gear the same character essentially twice. Right now, when you are talking about specs, it isn't really as hard as armor will change primary stat if different and there is overlap in what gear is the best.

New Specs is just an overall better choice than Dual Classes to do.
    Well you're not forced to. It'd simply be an extra for of gameplay you can choose to use.

It's not different from specs since if you're trying to be optimal you'd probably have two different sets with different stats for two different specs anyway. So same concept.

Plus it's give people feel xtra things to do. Once they finish gear their main class then they can gear their second.

Or. Just ignore the second class just like how some players only focus on one spec, even if they play hybrids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i assume you mean „10.0 dual classes“ instead of „10.0 duel classes“…

besides that it seems you not realized how blizz makes profit. they WANT you to do all that shit again, when playing alts. thats why i.e. rep is still not accountwide. they NOT WANT give you options, working against this philosophy.
    I know but having access to one extra class when there's 12 and race restrictions shouldn't put too much of a hamper right.

imagine a blizzard that respects the players time

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well you're not forced to. It'd simply be an extra for of gameplay you can choose to use.

It's not different from specs since if you're trying to be optimal you'd probably have two different sets with different stats for two different specs anyway. So same concept.

Plus it's give people feel xtra things to do. Once they finish gear their main class then they can gear their second.

Or. Just ignore the second class just like how some players only focus on one spec, even if they play hybrids.
    1) Still terrible to implement.
    2) There are tons of gear that crosses spec because for example, a Paladin that goes from Ret to Holy their armor will already have the Int they need (as all Plate armor has Int and Str). So, while it will not be perfect, they already have gear that could in theory make it passable as they gear. This isn't remotely akin to gearing a character as say both a Paladin and a Rogue.

Hell, for Ret it is Strength and then whatever stat you want as the differences are so minor for secondary stats, so you can gear your armor with Holy secondary stat priority as Ret and then you are talking about getting trinkets and maybe different weapons.

It isn't really the same level as cross class gearing if you all say a Rogue to dual class with Paladin or Mage. So, again, it could work if you lock it to armor class as it would be akin to spec swapping, but not so if you don't have that lock.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Would be a meaningful choice as well as your second class would dictate what races you'd be able to change to if need be.

But if a player doesn't wanna be restricted since they feel they're constantly race changing then they don't NEED to pick a second class.

Having a second class wouldn't give you any extra advantage no more than playing a different spec with a different combat role.

So if you choose not to pick a second class to avoid such restrictions then it'd be a perfectly fine choice.

I mean I would love nothing more than being able to play all classes on one character like in FFXIV, but I feel the toxic playerbase of wow would kind of ruin all the fun in that, as they would just try to force everyone in a basic framework or tank, heal, rdps and mdps and ask everyone to switch to the fotom classes. Also having just one other class as an option would just lead to too many tactical descisions based on group play and requirements in groups. Half the 2nd classes would probably just be the full-hybrids like paladin, druid and monk, depending on what you actually could pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be a meaningful choice as well as your second class would dictate what races you'd be able to change to if need be.

But if a player doesn't wanna be restricted since they feel they're constantly race changing then they don't NEED to pick a second class.

Having a second class wouldn't give you any extra advantage no more than playing a different spec with a different combat role.

So if you choose not to pick a second class to avoid such restrictions then it'd be a perfectly fine choice.
    That would just make the system akward and clunky and would end up costing Blizzard money.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

1) Still terrible to implement.
    2) There are tons of gear that crosses spec because for example, a Paladin that goes from Ret to Holy their armor will already have the Int they need (as all Plate armor has Int and Str). So, while it will not be perfect, they already have gear that could in theory make it passable as they gear. This isn't remotely akin to gearing a character as say both a Paladin and a Rogue.

Hell, for Ret it is Strength and then whatever stat you want as the differences are so minor for secondary stats, so you can gear your armor with Holy secondary stat priority as Ret and then you are talking about getting trinkets and maybe different weapons.

It isn't really the same level as cross class gearing if you all say a Rogue to dual class with Paladin or Mage. So, again, it could work if you lock it to armor class as it would be akin to spec swapping, but not so if you don't have that lock.
    I don't see what's so difficult for a player to farm up a second set.

Again, they not forced to. Only if they want to l. And you'd only be eligible for loot if your currently playing that class. Meaning you can't gear up your mage class if you're doing content as a paladin. Unless your like funneled BOE's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean I would love nothing more than being able to play all classes on one character like in FFXIV, but I feel the toxic playerbase of wow would kind of ruin all the fun in that, as they would just try to force everyone in a basic framework or tank, heal, rdps and mdps and ask everyone to switch to the fotom classes. Also having just one other class as an option would just lead to too many tactical descisions based on group play and requirements in groups. Half the 2nd classes would probably just be the full-hybrids like paladin, druid and monk, depending on what you actually could pick.

- - - Updated - - -

That would just make the system akward and clunky and would end up costing Blizzard money.
    Clunky how? If you don't want a second class then you don't get it. If you do then make sure you're not screwing yourself with a race/class combo that would keep you from race changing to something else.

No different from a paladin main know they can't change to none paladin races

And no one can force you to do anything. Elitist will be elitists but if you wanna play mage/Hunter that's on you
    Last edited by Varx; 2021-09-16 at 02:36 PM.

A little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    A little too late.
    Hey it's much better than updating vanilla wall portraits or love rocket icons.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what's so difficult for a player to farm up a second set.

Again, they not forced to. Only if they want to l. And you'd only be eligible for loot if your currently playing that class. Meaning you can't gear up your mage class if you're doing content as a paladin. Unless your like funneled BOE's.
    Because you haven't actually spent time actually thinking on all the problems with the system. Your argument just "This would be cool and people don't have to use it."

It adds nothing to the game, most classes have less synergy in gearing than specs of the same class do. And on top of that, it would be a pain both program and implement into the game where it would be of greater value than (or even equal to) the Alt System currently in the game.
    –The Sith Code

Because you haven't actually spent time actually thinking on all the problems with the system. Your argument just "This would be cool and people don't have to use it."

It adds nothing to the game, most classes have less synergy in gearing than specs of the same class do. And on top of that, it would be a pain both program and implement into the game where it would be of greater value than (or even equal to) the Alt System currently in the game.
    But there aren't any problems....

You play a paladin and mage. Wanna gear up mage then play as mage? How is that complicated? If it's too much for the player then maybe choose warrior instead.

As for programming and implementation. You can't use that as a reason because if it was then we'd never get anything new added. Imagine the hurdle it was to redo the old world for cats, yet they did it.

Letting you pick a second class would pale in comparison.

What it adds is player choice, agency, and further customization to your character. And if it's implemented with new race/class combos and a new class then even better. Especially for those who can't play alts.

7+ Year Old Account
    But there aren't any problems....

You play a paladin and mage. Wanna gear up mage then play as mage? How is that complicated? If it's too much for the player then maybe choose warrior instead.

As for programming and implementation. You can't use that as a reason because if it was then we'd never get anything new added. Imagine the hurdle it was to redo the old world for cats, yet they did it.

Letting you pick a second class would pale in comparison.

What it adds is player choice, agency, and further customization to your character. And if it's implemented with new race/class combos and a new class then even better. Especially for those who can't play alts.
    lmao.

No just no. Thanks for proving yourself wrong.
    –The Sith Code

While its an interesting concept, I think this might be the wrong solution to the problem you are trying to solve.
    i.e. Don't have time to play alts.
    The technical problems of developing the system and unique business rules around armour types, and classes aside. Their are also lore implications and other potential issues.

Personally I think the solution is (and always has been) more around making "accomplishments" account wide, rather than character specific. All the "dual class" suggestion solves is not having to re-farm things like reputations or covenants. As you stated, you would still need to farm out gear and other "alt" time sinks.

5+ Year Old Account
    oh boi im gonna take that sweet shield from mythic raid as mage my second class is paladin and i maybe gonna tank in futrue

This is what SWTOR will do in their next update: You have two loadout: One can be an Imperial Agent Sniper and the other an Arsenal Mercenary Bounty Hunter, both on one char that uses tech weapons. You just pick what story you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    oh boi im gonna take that sweet shield from mythic raid as mage my second class is paladin and i maybe gonna tank in futrue
    I mentioned earlier you can only gear up the class your playing as when doing content outside of BOEs that may be funneled to you.

Hey it's much better than updating vanilla wall portraits or love rocket icons.
    But you could just play FF14! Why bother?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    This is what SWTOR will do in their next update: You have two loadout: One can be an Imperial Agent Sniper and the other an Arsenal Mercenary Bounty Hunter, both on one char that uses tech weapons. You just pick what story you want to play.
    SWTOR is a different beast from WoW in terms of this.

SWTOR already has most of the legwork done to make it easier.
    Most armor you get now is Adaptive Armor, which will match the highest class armor you can wear based on your class.
    All classes use Mastery as a primary stat and the only specific stuff is the tank stats of Def, Absorb, and Shield.

So, outside of set bonuses, most of the stuff is already there and that can easily be solved with having sets that will swap the bonus or just have generic bonuses for sets introduced.

WoW doesn't have that.
    –The Sith Code