Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Should raid difficulties and LFR be retuned and consolidated?

I've seen some suggestions from people that the 3 raid difficulties and the 1 tourist mode that we have right now is too many.

Do you agree? If so, how should Blizzard go about retuning and possibly reducing the amount of difficulties in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Do you agree?
    Nope... /10

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    Nope... /10
    I agree with you. Any particular reason though? Just to spur conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post

Do you agree?

Yeah. They should just keep LFR. It is the most popular and therefore best form of raiding. Bin the rest.

I honestly don't know.

Right now the system feels good enough even if I personally think you should need to be social in a mmo I am not going to go out of my way to spite people who want a queue.

When it was just normal and heroic, normal was too hard for the casual friend/family guilds. So the current easier flex normal was born, old normal became heroic and old heroic became mythic. That's how you got three.
    Then with lfr, since you needed people to have no communication or coordination, they made that easy tourist mode.
    That's the reason for the 4 difficulties. They all have their place.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'd change is make LFR a single player experience where you partner up with npcs instead of other players. It's a cesspit of toxicity and abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah. They should just keep LFR. It is the most popular and therefore best form of raiding. Bin the rest.
    Lol. Everyone HATESZ LFR. Only reason it is done is to gear alts for heroic raid.

make normal mode queueable as well

Normal mode can be removed imo keep LFR Heroic and Mythic

I will always be of the opinion that the Ulduar design of difficulty was the best iteration. One ‘normal’ difficulty and optional hard modes activated within the raid itself.

With the recent raids we've had I'm in favor of Normal merging with Heroic.
    I rub elbows with a lot of people, recently a group progressing Heroic.
    Half their players have only seen lfr and the jump from LFR to Heroic is rather slight, I don't see the value in Normal anymore.

i feel like there have been a few to many tiers lately where the final mythic bosses have been too hard. blizz seems to have a hard time predicting how hard their bosses are lately. (fallen avatar, kiljaeden, unat come to mind.)

LFR could be a tad more punishing on a handfull mechanics, no need to hand hold people that much and usually people learn the raidwiping mechanics on lfr pretty fast anyways. heck make it as hard as normal even, but keep some form of content thats queuable.

but otherwise i feel like the difficulty progression is fine. things like the first mythic boss being easier than the final heroic boss is good too imo.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-09-16 at 05:57 PM.

Dunno if this is a good idea, but this is sort of the thought I have whenever topics like this come up.

Leave LFR and Normal as they currently are and get rid of Mythic.

Consolidate Mythic into Heroic. Make it so that if there's exactly 20 people in the Heroic instance, the option to trigger a "Mythic Mode" is made available by doing something like performing specific actions either during the encounter or right before it begins. Once Mythic Mode is active on an encounter, it basically just becomes a Mythic encounter, with mechanics being more difficult and extra unique mechanics coming in on top of them. The gear that drops from a "Mythic Mode" Heroic encounter would still be Heroic-level gear, but with the visual bits, bobs, bells and whistles that made Mythic gear stand out from lower tiers.

Personally, I don't have too much of a problem with the way raid difficulties are set up, but I can also see how the argument could be made that four difficulties might be a bit much. That said, if I had to squish it down, that's probably how I'd think to do it.

If it's tough to maintain 4 difficulty levels I'd probably go down this priority list:

1. Cut Mythic
    2. Cut LFR
    3. Cut Heroic

I'd almost just rather some kind of MoP Flex / Normal with a few Ulduar style hard mode options. Then maybe one mega boss hard mode version is like the super mythic encounter for world firsts. I don't think anyone really cares about any boss besides the last anyway for WF.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Add a solo mode where you play with NPCs.
    No loot drops, just quest completion credit + maybe some transmog, mounts, pets.

Tune it like proving grounds and include all story relevant phases (no mythic only stories)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Lol. Everyone HATESZ LFR. Only reason it is done is to gear alts for heroic raid.
    Pretty sure that's what Normal reclears/Mythic dungeons are for, why would they settle for lower?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Remove LFR difficulty.
    2. Allow queuing into Normal, Heroic and Mythic difficulties. You can queue for any boss if you killed all bosses before. Of course there should be proper ilvl reqs.
    3. Make normal a little bit easier, keep heroic as it is, make mythic easier.

LFR might be reworked into youtube-like experience, I guess.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No. Raid difficulties are fine, leave them alone.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I vote we remove raids completely.

Or make them obligatory 40 man groups, like the good old days. If you can't take 1 difficulty properly, you don't need 4!
    I 3d print stuff