Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Mage/Priest/Warlock ones are the best indeed. Some other sets have some pieces that are good like DH. I don't wanna talk about Warrior and Monk. Especially Monk. The orange is bad. For me, a main mage getting a purple version (while being also Arcane atm) is really nice, on top of the Spelltome mount. Also wished Shaman recolor wasn't green...
    God that Shaman set is just.. my god. Druid too. But at least Druid gets a felbear.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    God that Shaman set is just.. my god. Druid too. But at least Druid gets a felbear.
    Druid gets the bear and has some visual effects on the set, so at least it has something. Shaman being green instead of a mix of elemental colors is just ugh... :S

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Druid gets the bear and has some visual effects on the set, so at least it has something. Shaman being green instead of a mix of elemental colors is just ugh... :S
    Yeah, it just.. it's not flattering.

I can't think of any reason why any shaman would work for that instead of just trying to do mythic ToS other than for the sake of doing Mage Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im honestly completely on the fence about this. I absolutely understand BOTH sides, and just don’t know where I stand. What I can say is, without a doubt, adding only the druid model back, with a fancy NEW reskin of said model, is crazy to me – some who got it back then will feel a bit pissed off, and other classes have every right to be fucked off that they did this for druid only.

I just don’t get it at all – its such a fucking weird decision – “we are totally 100% sticking to our word about not bringing them back – well, other than bears, theirs is coming back AND getting a new custom skin!”. I just don’t get it at all, and their explanation makes no fucking sense at all.
    You will come to learn in time that most people are petty. It is a human failing ive learned you have to endure. Mage tower while in most cases not terribly challenging and in the few cases it was could be trivialized via the right legendary still represents an exclusive reward that relies solely on personal skill. People want to be able to boast that they got something someone else can't have.

Unlike that crowd I wish for all mankind to be able to strive towards my level of achievement rather then trying to artificially bar them from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Why remove Cutting Edge after every tier? Or the Challenge Mode rewards? Or titles like Hand of Adal/Champion of the Naaru? I think it makes sense to have certain rewards be for a specific time and the people who played the game at that time achieved it. Literally the only argument against it to make everything available and earnable at any time seems to come from the people who play for 2 months in every expansion who seem super salty about missing out on something that clearly wasn't an incentive enough to make them play when it was current, but they desperately need to have everything that the other players who actually played and earned.

I feel bad about not going out of my way to farm a few things that have since gone - like MoP Challenge mode set for example (Which I only got on 1 class that I don't play anymore). But I think it's also cool that some rewards are a bit more exclusive, even if I'm on the other side of that fence.
    I've earned the lionshare of rewards from tbc onwards including the title and I have rarely seen a time where the way they made time exclusives in a non moronic manner. Take your TBC titles for example. Are you aware they are still earnable? The way they restricted them was by replacing the quest that rewarded the title however the old one to my knowledge is still shareable. A lot of people got the title after it was removed simply by having the attunements in their quest log.

CM was sold so often it would be more authentic to have the set sold for 30-50k from the bmah then it is to remove it.

I would rather all content even visuals and titles remain in the game for everyone and that is speaking as someone with every mage tower weapon and 14 elite mogs spread across multiple classes ( I just get transmog sets I like then I stop pvping)

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it just.. it's not flattering.

I can't think of any reason why any shaman would work for that instead of just trying to do mythic ToS other than for the sake of doing Mage Tower.
    I guess, collection/mount from doing it with several chars/fashionista wanting to play with the pieces but not the set as a whole.

I have the wod cm stuff and all mage tower appearances and would have absolutely no problem if they're somehow available now, it would not "diminish my accomplishment" in any way, that shit was 3-5 years ago now.

And you know why? Because i'm not a puny little man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see only druids will get anything "good" from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The lack of new fights and rewards is disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. I don't feel proud about my title or my artifact weapon because I did it at the right time. Removing content and punishing people for not playing the game at the right time is horrible. Also, removing content from the game is a waste of resources.
    I wouldn’t be against it existing if it was scaled to not only the level and stats, but to the abilities that existed in Legion as well.

This is one problem of continuous bloat and removal of abilities, it’s impossible to tune old content fairly when working with new toolkits.

Been playing a bit if FFXIV recently and one thing I love is how all content remains relevant and players are scaled appropriately, simply losing abilities. Though this is significantly easier to do when you only have 3-4 expansions to work with.

The rewards are for the challenge that existed, and since the challenge no longer exists with how WoW is designed, the rewards can’t either.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-09-16 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    I have the wod cm stuff and all mage tower appearances and would have absolutely no problem if they're somehow available now, it would not "diminish my accomplishment" in any way, that shit was 3-5 years ago now.

And you know why? Because i'm not a puny little man.
    Half of this forum would be bitching anyway if Blizzard would choose to return artifact appearances to rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Nice to see only druids will get anything "good" from this.
    I mean the mage and warlock transmog looks really good. It is disappointing to see blizz cuck out though. They want their " I'm special because I subbed during "x" rewards. It's still not as bad as them removing an entire story quest in mop and wod though... mop hurts he most. The entire story behind the thunder throne mostly thanosed so lfr players can feel special about their cloak.

im personally not much affected by it since i got 21 apperances but i do fear a bit for the future since this pretty much means i can forget to ever get another chance for MoP CM sets ever again. FOMO content is a waste of resources and development time. but i guess i have to keep my eye on the game 24/7 beacuse if i take a break i might miss out on something.

FF14 is very alluring to go back to, atleast they dont pull monkey paw wishes on their community

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    im personally not much affected by it since i got 21 apperances but i do fear a bit for the future since this pretty much means i can forget to ever get another chance for MoP CM sets ever again. FOMO content is a waste of resources and development time. but i guess i have to keep my eye on the game 24/7 beacuse if i take a break i might miss out on something.

FF14 is very alluring to go back to, atleast they dont pull monkey paw wishes on their community
    Hallelujah. Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    what would the title be, and yeah i have all 36 as well *Flex*,

as for your 3rd point,

the armor seems to be mail/plate/leather/cloth
    then seperated between the Areas/options like Healer/Tank/Dps Mage Towers,

so i think you will need to do like
    1 Plate Dps, 1 Plate Tank, 1 Plate Heal,
    1 Mail Dps, 1 Mail Heal
    1 Cloth Dps, 1 Cloth Heal
    1 Leather Dps, 1 Leather Heal, 1 Leather Tank

that would clear you for all of them?
    Name, Master of the Tower

To me it's not about gatekeeping or making sure nobody is allowed into the secret club, but I can look at my Hand of Adal for example and reminisce about the good old days and it's like a framed certificate on my wall as a reward for what I did then. You could make that title purchasable from a vendor for 5 gold and available for everyone and even though it wouldn't take away my title, it would make it a bit less special. I see other people with that title and I think "Hey cool, you also played back then!".
    That's exactly what gatekeeping is. "Hey, you're not cool enough to enjoy this game the same way because you didn't play when I did".

And why would the title feel less special? If it reminds you of "the good old days" how does that memory change when someone else can get the title differently? Does paying a vendor also allow them to go back in time and negate your attunement quests? That sounds a lot more like a personal problem and not something Blizzard should encourage.

And while this is a separate topic I also think over the years there's always been that discussion of Blizz not rewarding long time players enough. Then they have some sort of event that gives you a one time mount or pet or something and months later people complain they missed it. I'm not sure the best way for them to do it.
    Why do long time players need additional rewards? Was playing the game for 15+ years not good enough? If you need some other incentives for dedicating your time to a video game then it doesn't sound like a game worth playing.

I get it from a business standpoint since it's a good, low-effort way to keep your current players subbed. "Don't leave or you'll miss out and feel bad about forever!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool. Now there's literally no point to ever think about it ever again. "you had to be there" is the absolute worst thing in any game and a mortal wound to an already pathetic patch

- - - Updated - - -

Seconding this as somebody with a few skins. Having carrots on a stick to pursue and tempt people into doing ingame content for is good.

I advocate for the same with challenge mode gear. I literally got that set on what was my barely LFR-geared Paladin alt during MoP because that was the only class whose set I liked.
    CM's being something you could gear around made them fun. It became a side-goal to get "CM bis" like how in the early days of timewalking you could slap together old sets and just crush them

You didn't need to. But it helped and got you doing more each week
    Wrath baby and proud of it

should've added a new mage tower artifact recolor for everyone instead of just bears. as a DK I think the tier set is one of the ugliest in the game so i have 0 interest in doing mage tower again. now if i could get a new color of the unholy sword then i'd be hyped.

The mage tower skins not returning is a good thing, every MMO needs an impetus to act every once in a while. The only reason mage tower was popular was because the rewards were going away. If they weren't, noone would've done it end of legion, everyone would've just waited for BFA to come along and auto nerf it.

Things going away creates a sense of urgency, and the need to act, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    The mage tower skins not returning is a good thing, every MMO needs an impetus to act every once in a while. The only reason mage tower was popular was because the rewards were going away. If they weren't, noone would've done it end of legion, everyone would've just waited for BFA to come along and auto nerf it.

Things going away creates a sense of urgency, and the need to act, which is a good thing.
    That sounds like a smoking addict excuse: I am not addicted I can quit any time so its good.

While reality is rather simple if you need to resort to FOMO tactics combined with unique rewards to keep players interested then it means your content sucks. And the only urgency it creates it to urgently leave sinking ship.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No reason for people who did it already ✔
    Haha, yes. Because rewards are the only thing that matters. I will enjoy the Mage Tower immensely and will resubscribe for the sole purpose of doing it again. Because last time around, it was not repeatable once you completed it. Now I get to do the content that I enjoyed doing so much, again. And get a reward, I guess.

This is also just bad take. Your stance is all over the place. The previous reward was Fomo, which is bad. We get a new reward, that is not the old Fomo. This is bad. The new reward is not Fomo. The reward is bad. No one will do this.

Fine, we get it. You have made 16 posts in this thread, and I am sure they are all denouncing FOMO (and this particular FOMO especially) as the devil. And I am not particularly keen on it either. I am just curious why you decided this particular one is the one you object to so much about, that this is the one that should be brought back, rather than all of the removed models, mogs and mounts.
    And also, while we are at it, why rewards matter so much than the content it is from.

Do note, that while I am not at all in favour of fomo either, I am in favour of consistency (and that is why I am capitalising fomo differently in every paragraph). I don't think it's especially consistent to bring back just the one without the others. The pvp rewards of different seasons, the challenge modes, the AotC mounts, WotLK-Naxx and Argent Tournament mounts/titles, Naxx-40 weapons et c. So what makes the artifact weapon skins so egregious and different? Why should they go back on their words on this particular one?

I have all my mage tower skins, and I still wouldn't mind if Blizz had brought them back for others to get. I just really hate removing anything from the game. I think removing content or incentive to do content is one of the most absurd decisions a game dev could make. Content is king and no game can ever keep up with player consumption. Taking away an activity they could do (and the reward for doing it) just to foster some sense of fear of missing out and exclusivity is just stupid in my opinion.

My dream is for Blizz to copy/paste the classic eastern kingdoms and kalimdor (with all its original quest, dungeon and raid content intact) into retail and accessible via chromie. I'd love to experience the old content with modern gameplay/qol. It would give me something to do during content droughts and a new (old) way to level alts.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-09-16 at 11:43 PM.