Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

The time for the sub to die is now. It's at a critical point where people are flocking to FF XIV.

Charge for the expansions, sure. Maybe it'll even convince them to make more.

Free due to the shitty quality of the game and services.

lol bruh, they should pay me to play this game, not the other away around LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine as it is now.

Or, they could lower it to like $4.99 per month and then only release one raid per year, and 2-3 dungeons per expansion. One expansion every 4-5 years.
    Hi

$100/mo, to weed out all the poors :P

"waa, waa, my potato computer can't handle a couple spell effects", disgusting.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    This inflation thing is just stupid, Most people don’t earn today 50% more money than 17 years ago.
    Did you read the whole comment?
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Most of my friends have stopped playing, I dont think any price would change that for me now, I’ll be coming on to do dailies and spend 30 mins looking for a pug group

I'm not interested in making any changes to the price so it should be what it is now
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    For anyone who thinks it should be free, you have the option to farm the gold and buy a token. Really, that's already what fuels Blizzard's economy.
    I used to do that back when they were 15-30k gold. But Blizzard kept manipulating the value of it. "The value is set by the players" lol yeah right like they're making it so WoW token can be used to buy anything in the online store compared to just using it for sub money didn't quadruple the gold cost overnight. Was over 100k a month when I couldn't keep up. No idea what it is today though I doubt it is less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    $100/mo, to weed out all the poors :P
    Exactly. Should be whales only since the game is developed for them only.

100-200$ monthly sub with some tokens included and 3-400 $ sub option once the gear shop is finished. Blizzard decided to fix the issue with having to talk with some people to get raid boosts once you buy gold with tokens. It was a tedious process that could be streamlined for a better player experience hence the creation of the much needed gear shop feature. Pay just 399$ a month and you can access the gear shop with mythic ilvl gear.

Free with 10$ expansions with the cash shop we currently have.

I think they should pay us to play considering we do all the beta testing when the expansion comes out and is meant to be finished.

i never really minded the $15 a month.

but last few years there are so many $5 and $10 subscriptions everywhere that $15 now feels relatively expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Then they need to make them cheaper (25k gold max) and keep the price fixed.
    I don't think you understand how the economy works if you think that would be a smart idea.

Cause then blizzard would go bankrupt in only a couple weeks/months
    People could drop trillions of gold, then go right to blizzard gear shop and buy hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise.

How the token works currently prevents that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also something to point out, it's been 15 since 2004, and based on inflation it should be 22$, so in actuality, it used to be 22$, now it's only 15. If we consider "current cash"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    Free with 10$ expansions with the cash shop we currently have.
    How to instantly kill an MMO folks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I used to do that back when they were 15-30k gold. But Blizzard kept manipulating the value of it. "The value is set by the players" lol yeah right like they're making it so WoW token can be used to buy anything in the online store compared to just using it for sub money didn't quadruple the gold cost overnight. Was over 100k a month when I couldn't keep up. No idea what it is today though I doubt it is less.
    Oh look, another person who does not understand the free market!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The time for the sub to die is now. It's at a critical point where people are flocking to FF XIV.

Charge for the expansions, sure. Maybe it'll even convince them to make more.
    What? "Remove subs, everyone is flocking to ff14 because of it"
    You... You know FF14 has a sub aswell? And expansion box costs.. and a MUCH larger store...
    Dude your mending right?

Also "stop charging subs, just charge for expansions" so you want them to charge a box price for every content patch, calling them seperate expansions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    It doesn’t go to the employees pockets, they are paid minimum salaries and constantly abused. It goes to the shareholder’s / CEO’s pockets.
    And... Where do you think that money they are being paid comes from?

subscription is extremely cheap currently, i don't except blizzard to raise the prize but they could do it without problem if they want

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    $15 would be a fair price if they actually supported the game properly. No content droughts, removal of bots, etc.

As it currently exists, each entire expansion is probably worth a one time box purchase, like $50-$60, and not worth anything more. It's not supported like a subscription based game should be.
    Except it is... With free large updates, server, cloud data held of your charecters, etc.
    That's the whole point of the sub, promise of free content, and use of their servers. For online at, and "cloud save"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I'd also still submit that it's completely possible that Blizz just pumps out WoW tokens independent of the player creation rate via buying WoW tokens with their in-game gold. For all we know, the amount of people buying WoW tokens with in-game gold is much less than those buying WoW tokens to turn into gold. We already know Blizz can do this and has done this in WoD, and I wouldn't put it past them at this point to have their gold economy be damned for probably the biggest money-maker they have right now.
    Can you show me a source of them doing that in wod?

Id say no more than 10 dollars for sure. Sub is not giving us good content anyway....Korthia fucking blows etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

At least 40 and probably closer to 60. The number one problem Blizzard has is they cater to the LCD and the vocal part of their player base is a cesspool of paranoid, cynical, entitled bastards. Raising the price will chase some of those people off and good riddance. They should also limit the number of players allowed on each server so being banned means losing your spot on the server because it will be given to the next player waiting for an opening. If they want to resub they'll have to get in line.
    Last edited by WinningOne; 2021-09-17 at 10:22 AM.

a fiver sounds alright