Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The damage control patch 9.1.5 is creating more problems than solutions

We’re getting mage tower but only once every six months for a few days. Only one spec gets something closer to the original rewards. Super frustrating as always with any change that’s supposedly player feedback based. Give them 5% of what they hoped to see and leave them with a glimmer of hope that more future changes “might” bring more changes closer to their feedback.

Torghast leveling allowed once a day for an hour or two depending on your pace giving you around 25% of a level at the end.

And then we have renwon conditions that must be met and the gold that must be spent and all kinds of other “conditional” changes.

Why do they always completely complicate things?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the timewalking part, it should be a more permanent thing like FF.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

How will Guardian do their trial without Luffa's? All legendaries have their text disabled, even if you're at it's level cap to equip. Some of those MT runs had a strong dependence on certain legendaries for many specs.

What's complicated about the patch?

want to permantly go back to legion? wait for classic version of legion or join a private server. Finding a solution usually costs half the time of the complaints?

Why bitch about every little positive thing they add? I find it hilarious to see how people still find negativity in each positive change.
    torghast XP is bugged, there's an article somewhere i'm surely you can find it, the daily quest is once per day, surely a floor and/or completion still gives XP at the end of the run similar to that of a dungeon. EDIT: i'm pretty sure they will tune this stuff later on in the PTR given it JUST got out for testing

Renown conditions that are easily reached if you'd just log in ONCE per week on a wednesday for aprox 2h ( that's what it takes me in my healer spec, 2 hours. ) to get your weekly max renown? that's really not something that is bad.

Don't bother bringing up "BRUHH ITS TIMEGATED BLIZZ SUXX QQ" because this would simply indicate that you play more than those 2h a week, and thus your entire "renown conditions" argument is invalid.

"gold that must be spend" the gold required to purchase ( which btw, has been the MAIN CURRENCY ever since the beta in 2004 )
    is only 500g, 500g is exactly ONE daily calling or, if you can't be bothered for 30 minutes, a 15 minute farm.

the only downside about this entire patch is that your alt requires to join the same covenant in order to be eligible for the insta-40-renown-for-500g badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I agree with the timewalking part, it should be a more permanent thing like FF.
    Timewalking should always be up and it should be its own progression path for casuals separate from raids, m+ and rated PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    What's complicated about the patch?
    I applaud your trying out logic with these people. But it won't work. in their minds Blizzard = bad and even if they do something right they will zoom into the most minute detail and blow it up to a negative. I wish they would all just get a life and stop hanging around fan sites of a game they seem to hate so much. In any case, I just put whiners like OP on ignore and move on. Life's too short to be paying attention to trolls, especially in this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    I applaud your trying out logic with these people. But it won't work. in their minds Blizzard = bad and even if they do something right they will zoom into the most minute detail and blow it up to a negative. I wish they would all just get a life and stop hanging around fan sites of a game they seem to hate so much. In any case, I just put whiners like OP on ignore and move on. Life's too short to be paying attention to trolls, especially in this place.
    Preach and other YT'ers complained about the systems from the 2nd week of testing. They didn't give 2 shits about them. Now, that the belt is tight, they come back to what people were saying 1 freaking year ago, making those exact changes and people like you are calling Blizzard brave for doing positive changes to the game. What they are doing now are not changes just delayed implementation of what SL should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    How will Guardian do their trial without Luffa's? All legendaries have their text disabled, even if you're at it's level cap to equip. Some of those MT runs had a strong dependence on certain legendaries for many specs.
    Well, we have no idea about the difficulty yet (and how and if it changes with gear over time), but when I did it then I used the moonfire shoulders and prydaz. So I don't think it will be more challenging than the original.

I had another random leggo and it was still one of the easier tank challenges. And it sounds like the difficulty is massively scaled back this time around.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should be readjusted to match the current spec's kit.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    We’re getting mage tower but only once every six months for a few days. Only one spec gets something closer to the original rewards. Super frustrating as always with any change that’s supposedly player feedback based. Give them 5% of what they hoped to see and leave them with a glimmer of hope that more future changes “might” bring more changes closer to their feedback.

Torghast leveling allowed once a day for an hour or two depending on your pace giving you around 25% of a level at the end.

And then we have renwon conditions that must be met and the gold that must be spent and all kinds of other “conditional” changes.

1. Player feedback said no, don't return the rewards. Just because you wanted them easy, does not mean everyone does. (I want them to return, I have them, but I understand) players did not want "easy mage tower skins" aparently people like prestige.

2. It will be a week, yes every few months, not 6 months though...

3.the torghast leveling is a bug, they have already stated that.

4."gold that must be spent" are you really complaining about gold? It costs 500g ONCE. You can do 3 world quests and get 3000g. Per single day. You serious dude?

5. They don't, you are just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Timewalking should always be up and it should be its own progression path for casuals separate from raids, m+ and rated PvP.
    Yes please! I really like classic, wrath and cata dungeons. Would love to have full access to them in a timewalking format.

Honestly at this point I’m convinced those in command will never truly learn. The proof is these so called QoL
    changes being nowhere near what players have been hoping for.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tentacular View Post
    Preach and other YT'ers complained about the systems from the 2nd week of testing. They didn't give 2 shits about them. Now, that the belt is tight, they come back to what people were saying 1 freaking year ago, making those exact changes and people like you are calling Blizzard brave for doing positive changes to the game. What they are doing now are not changes just delayed implementation of what SL should have been.
    Lack of logical thinking in some of you is so funny.

Now imagine situation where 9.0 has all 9.1.5 things. Now tell me with straight face that 9.0 drought wouldn't cause same loss of subs and July scandal wouldn't cause exactly same loss of reputation. And 9.2 still months away, so they have to lift some launch restrictions to bring more play.. oh wait, everything was lifted since day 1.

Simply if 9.0 would be so broken as you tell, people would hate it day 1, not months later when 9.1 didn't land around March as it should.

9.1.5 changes are not even some system redesignes, these are usual catch ups done in later expansion. And Legion timewalking is better than older timewalking, cause modern expansion has simply more to offer than older ones. BfA TW will have more things as well: M+, rescaled Visions, maybe some better version of Warfront, like PVP one.

There is nothing "brave" about this patch, and if you think "WoW Blizzard is listening" or "Blizzard never listen"... just watch people reation from older patches/expacs. Blizzard sometimes listen, sometimes not. In 9.0 they listened about no titanforging, no AP, PVP vendors, targetable legendaries. They ignored people asking for ripcord or conduit energy.

Don't be sheeps, doesn't matter if it's for Blizzard or for youtuber with overblown ego. Just don't pay Blizzard when you have no fun. It's faaar more effective than screaming 24/7.

Over the last few years this has actually become one of WoWs biggest problems. Just look at the corruption, azerite armor, domination sockets systems and how convoluted and complicated everything has become. Its a mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly at this point I’m convinced those in command will never truly learn. The proof is these so called QoL
    Its literally exactly what players have been asking for... Removal of conduit energy, a maw skip, torghast leaving, free covenant swaps, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly TW shouldn't be available all of the time, but I really wouldn't mind if it was available all the time. Having us focus on the current expansions dungeons and features is fine, and TW is supposed to be a fun departure I guess?

The issue here is that TW is going to pop up only a few times a year for the Legion specific one and I have to ask, what's the point? To put that much effort into bringing Legion M+ and the Mage Tower back? First off it has problems for those that might not have time to enjoy it when it happens due to a scheduling conflict, and for everybody else it means it will likely be a primary focus because of how infrequent it is?

They should remove TW from the schedule they have with the weekly events and have it be it's own thing. I'm completely fine if TW isn't available every single week, but holy shit it shouldn't be a weekly event that rarely pops up. They could group three expansions worth of TW into a single TW week (there's 6), or just make every single TW event available every second or third week.

Realistically speaking a big problem with WoW is they obsolete old content and this is the first time they're really bringing back something so impactful from a past expansion, so why limit it? It's a lame excuse if they aren't doing this because they want it to be special or they think people would get burned out on it, which is likely the excuse they will cite. The game needs more evergreen systems and I doubt anybody would care if TW was available literally all the time, or every single iteration of TW being available on a bi-weekly schedule.

More content is good, don't gate it so heavily. You could literally go back and retrofit old dungeons for M+ (basically all the way back to WoTLK) or other features from expansion past. It makes old content somewhat relevant again and just gives you more shit to do. From a M+ perspective I think Shadowlands dungeons are pretty good, but there's only 8 of them and I get burned out from the lack of variety. Meanwhile WoW has what, 100 dungeons total in the game and we're only using 8?

The rest of the post is basically whining though. All of these features should've been in since the start and they're exactly what players have been asking for. I'm not sure what you even mean by saying that it isn't even what people are asking for? They're exactly what we have been asking for, it's just about a year in the making.

Are you even playing this game or looking for a reason to bitch?

One class is getting additional rewards because the original reward was so unique and has not been re-added to the game anywhere in anything remotely close to it. So they're re-introducing a re-skin.

As someone who has swol-bear already, I'm perfectly fine with this as it's a new reskin I can acquire as well.

Other classes are getting new sets. TBH, to make it totally fair, they should give a new re-skin of the cat form as well. This makes the druid equivalent of "gear" to change your character appearance as well.

As for it being only available during Timewalking, what do you expect? Why should this be available 24/7? Original Mage Tower was not always available. This is just a fun throwback to that. TBH, every timewalking even should re-introduce some feature that was removed. Off the top of my head, MoP timewalking should have the ability to acquire Thunderking Trove Keys, WoD could have a re-tooled gladiator arena with new rewards, WotLK could have a re-tooled trial of the champion ground with new rewards, I don't know what to add for Cata or TBC that was exclusive and removed though.

Torghast leveling is still being looked at, this is the PTR.

The renown changes are good. Getting renown isn't hard and it's essentially a once a character, very short grind, in it's current state with catchup mechanics to instantly grant 40 levels of renown to alts. Complaining about this is absolutely idiotic. There is nothing complicated about it, actually play the game and if you don't like it, then don't.

Have they gone out and said that torghast leveling is going to be the way it is now, in the first phases of ptr, when the patch is live ? where did they confirm this ?

The most important thing to remember is WoW having a large and diverse playerbase. Pretty much everything put in the game, even the most lamented change on the forums, will have a cluster of players that enjoy it and feel the game is better for having it. When you talk about what "players" want you're just talking about what you and people who agree with you want (or increasingly often what a YouTuber has told people they should want,) not everyone who plays the game.