Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, out of all possible classes, Bard is the one that fits least into Warcraft. In other games, the presence of Bards or similar people is extensive. In WoW we barely have musicians in taverns let alone any kind of Bard-type fighting NPC.
    I literally linked two at the top of the last page.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, out of all possible classes, Bard is the one that fits least into Warcraft. In other games, the presence of Bards or similar people is extensive. In WoW we barely have musicians in taverns let alone any kind of Bard-type fighting NPC.
    Neither did we have that many monks or demon hunters ingame 'till they mass released them.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Neither did we have that many monks or demon hunters ingame 'till they mass released them.
    Both existed for a very long time in one way or another. Bard is something that just doesn't strike the right fantasy for a WoW class. At best Bard could be something like Archeology, something that's a very nice secondary profession until it gets ignored completely (Archeology in Cataclysm when they introduced it was fantastic).

And I didn't say they are no Bard-like NPCs at all. But they are very, very rare. It just makes no sense to get a Bard class. Even Tinker feels like 10000000% more likely and feasible than Bard. Look how much of them are around and yet they refuse to give us a class that's basically completely fleshed out since BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both existed for a very long time in one way or another. Bard is something that just doesn't strike the right fantasy for a WoW class. At best Bard could be something like Archeology, something that's a very nice secondary profession until it gets ignored completely (Archeology in Cataclysm when they introduced it was fantastic).

And I didn't say they are no Bard-like NPCs at all. But they are very, very rare. It just makes no sense to get a Bard class. Even Tinker feels like 10000000% more likely and feasible than Bard. Look how much of them are around and yet they refuse to give us a class that's basically completely fleshed out since BfA.
    Both bard and tinker have a realy boring theme, but to each their own I guess. If this would be a serious choice I would not pick any. I hope we never see either of them.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-17 at 09:34 AM.

It's a bit suspect to say monks existed for a very long time in one way or another. They had a handful of NPCs and then the one foundational NPC Chen, who was generally considered something entirely separate as a Brewmaster. That isn't any better off than bard, which only has a normal WC3 mob instead of a hero, but which has multiple WoW bosses and the normal NPCs.

I'd agree that bard as a unified concept isn't as widespread as something like Tinker or Necromancer. But they exist, Blizzard likes them enough to design encounters around that archetype and keep putting them in, and their base concept, sound/music magic, is actually extremely widespread in the game, just scattered. If Chen and Scarlet and Auchenai monks can be pulled into a class and padded with Mistweaver, a sort of made up on the spot spec. It seems reasonable that you could pull the different bard and bard-adjacent elements in wow into a cohesive player class, which would undoubtedly be less strange that suddenly having every race training with pandaren to be monks and using august celestial themed abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    You mean that you know it right?
    Nah, we generally don't link up things we spotted with actual content until it's out. e.g. "tower dev" and "maw dev" references leaked in 8.2 but without the context of 9.0 it meant very little to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Both bard and tinker have a realy boring theme, but to each their own I guess. If this would be a serious choice I would not pick any. I hope we never see either of them.
    I don't see how anyone could view a Gnome or Goblin boosting around the battlefield inside a mecha launching volleys of missiles and lasers at monsters to be "boring", but yeah, to each their own.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't see how anyone could view a Gnome or Goblin boosting around the battlefield inside a mecha launching volleys of missiles and lasers at monsters to be "boring", but yeah, to each their own.
    Yea, I mean its understandable if you like something yourself that much that its easy to forget that it might not be interrsting for some one else. I dont like any of it and no it doesnt sound cool to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I mean its understandable if you like something yourself that much that its easy to forget that it might not be interrsting for some one else. I dont like any of it and no it doesnt sound cool to me.
    Which is fair. Not everyone likes every class, which is why we have so many of them, and such a wide variety. The thing to remember is that Goblins and Gnomes inside robot suits is pretty common in Warcraft lore, and technology/steampunk-based classes are pretty common in RPGs and MMOs. We're missing a technology class in WoW, and Goblins and Gnomes are missing a class that reflects their technology-based lore. Mechagnomes made the situation even worse.

It's definitely a gap on both ends of the spectrum that should be filled.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which is fair. Not everyone likes every class, which is why we have so many of them, and such a wide variety. The thing to remember is that Goblins and Gnomes inside robot suits is pretty common in Warcraft lore, and technology/steampunk-based classes are pretty common in RPGs and MMOs. We're missing a technology class in WoW, and Goblins and Gnomes are missing a class that reflects their technology-based lore. Mechagnomes made the situation even worse.

It's definitely a gap on both ends of the spectrum that should be filled.
    I have seen the arguments and I am aware of gazlow in warcraft 3 with that whole vibe and all.. its just that.. uch I dont share the excitement with it at all.
    The whole technology side in wow is very specific and not very broad in general so it would need some expanding which I just dont care about and never realy felt to wowlike, which you can dissagree on obviously, but that is it for me. I am more of a oldschool magic and dragons fan of you get what I mean. I rather see things like Dark ranger, witch doctor, sea witch what ever. Spare me the dark rangers are just undead hunters. I am not here to argue or balance each option out tho. With that said I also feel we are not realy missing any either tho.

And on top of that.. I hate Gnomes lol.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-17 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen the arguments and I am aware of gazlow in warcraft 3 with that whole vibe and all.. its just that.. uch I dont share the excitement with it at all.
    The whole technology side in wow is very specific and not very broad in general so it would need some expanding which I just dont care about and never realy felt to wowlike, which you can dissagree on obviously, but that is it for me. I am more of a oldschool magic and dragons fan of you get what I mean.

Yep, I understand all of that. Some people definitely consider the Goblin and Gnome themes to be very off-putting in Warcraft on multiple levels. Ironically, that's one of the reasons I want to see a Tinker class implemented.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I understand all of that. Some people definitely consider the Goblin and Gnome themes to be very off-putting in Warcraft on multiple levels. Ironically, that's one of the reasons I want to see a Tinker class implemented.
    Do have to say I admire your commitment on that topic and realy put some though behind it. Its just sadly not for me.

The whole technology side in wow is very specific and not very broad in general so it would need some expanding which I just dont care about and never realy felt to wowlike, which you can dissagree on obviously, but that is it for me. I am more of a oldschool magic and dragons fan of you get what I mean. I rather see things like Dark ranger, witch doctor, sea witch what ever. Spare me the dark rangers are just undead hunters. I am not here to argue or balance each option out tho. With that said I also feel we are not realy missing any either tho.

Yeah. I understand the appeal, but I really don’t care much for the tech side of fantasy. Steampunk and sci-fi stuff are lower on my radar than old school fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Nah, we generally don't link up things we spotted with actual content until it's out. e.g. "tower dev" and "maw dev" references leaked in 8.2 but without the context of 9.0 it meant very little to us.
    It's really interesting. Ever thought about creating a blog? And post such things there.
    Is there anything that points to future BG?
    We have not got new one for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    It's really interesting. Ever thought about creating a blog? And post such things there.
    Is there anything that points to future BG?
    We have not got new one for a while.
    A blog has come to mind, but any posts would just end up as reposted on other sites shortly after I post them.

As for a new BG, no direct references but they are seemingly analyzing spell performance in large player groups, so maybe it's something they're thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    A blog has come to mind, but any posts would just end up as reposted on other sites shortly after I post them.

As for a new BG, no direct references but they are seemingly analyzing spell performance in large player groups, so maybe it's something they're thinking about.
    Wouldn't that be more likely to be a raid thing? I know a lot of people have been complaining about performance in raid settings the past couple expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Wouldn't that be more likely to be a raid thing? I know a lot of people have been complaining about performance in raid settings the past couple expansions.
    It can be to look at both, raid performance definitely isn't great either though that's still half the size (give or take a few with raid boss abilities) of a 40v40 battleground, which can get pretty bad. Not to mention world bosses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ept_17th_2021/

Apperently Blizzard sent out a Survey? Anyone here get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ept_17th_2021/

Apperently Blizzard sent out a Survey? Anyone here get it?
    From the sounds of it, the survey seems to just be a generic one sent out seeing as he stopped playing.

Might have been something he forgot since he didn't screenshot it, but I feel it would be bigger news if it was something like what Classic players got before TBC.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    From the sounds of it, the survey seems to just be a generic one sent out seeing as he stopped playing.

Might have been something he forgot since he didn't screenshot it, but I feel it would be bigger news if it was something like what Classic players got before TBC.
    They should do this more often.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-09-18 at 08:26 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi