10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! We winz

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Uh, if memory serves it's currently at 0, so if a player posts first, then your post would be +1, would it not?
    My post was meant to be that +1. Soooo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Music tastes, huh? Well, I grew up on country music. And I grew to hate it, although I can still...tolerate, some 90's stuff. But I certainly can't stand any modern country. The stuff I "like" is like Taylor Swift, and when I mention her or someone like Bryan White, I always get "oh that's not country, it's country pop!". So whatever.

So I got into post-grunge rock, college rock, and more lately, jpop and jrock because anime. The thing I wanted to see more in rock music was piano/keyboards, and more female vocals. Japan has got that shit covered, plus, as a lot of people note, the style of their language really fits into a flowing sound when it comes to vocals. All that said, some bands:

Incubus - Numba one. one of the more popular post-grunge bands to come out. Very unique sound, at least early on. Closer to funk, in the style of Chili Peppers or Sublime. Still going despite kind of falling off the map. As recently as last year they released their EP "Trust Fall". Their album "8" was, well it was ok. They got Skrillex in to do some mixing, and it's not particularly great. Everyone knows songs like Drive, and Pardon Me. But some later stuff that didn't hit the radio waves that's worth checking out, stuff like Look Alive, Adolescents, and Our Love

Abandoned Pools - Much lesser known band. Some guy named Tommy Walter has a bunch of different projects, this one stuck as the most popular and prolific. Something I like to call "chill grunge", he implemented some electronic in the last album. If anyone watched the show "Clone High" back in the day on MTV, Abandoned Pools did the opening theme. A few faves include Suburban Muse from the debut album, Unrehearsed, and Marigolds from my favorite album. And looking all this up it looks like he's kickstarting a fifth album, after saying forever that he was done. So hell yeah.

Houkago Tea Time - So aside from some other personal reasons why I love K-On, the anime was what first got me into listening to Japanese music. While they're certainly "high school girls sing about bunnies", each song tends to focus on different members, giving them multiple genres. Yui's songs are more fast-paced and happy, Mio's are much more dark and serious (despite the fact she canonically writes most of the songs, and I guess one of her best songs doesn't fit), Mugi's are soft and sweet. But I like a whole lot of it. And when you consider that they made about 50 songs, even though a dozen or so were only featured in the show, including multiple versions of some, the "band" really got a ton of attention.

This Day & Age - Very...um, melodic? rock. I don't know. Genres are weird. But they have two albums, and I was in love with one of em, The Bell and the Hammer. That said, I think their only "popular" song was on their other album. But a couple others I like are Sara Poor Sara, and More of a Climb Less of a Walk.

Roselia - Japanese goth rock? I guess? Never got into the game, anime turned me on to the music. But here's "Oneness", "Neo-Aspect", Break Your Desire, Black Shout, Fire Bird, and I'll stop because I could link em all.

Hoobastank - Yes I like Hoobastank. I got into them around the albums The Reason and Every Man For Himself, which starts off with this weird military thing going on. I like Disappear, Just One, Good Enough, Don't Tell Me, Without a Fight.

(K)NoW_NAME - So this is more of a music, project? I'm not really sure how it works, but I count it. They've done soundtracks for Sakura Quest and Grimgar, as well as some others. But Sakura Quest is where we get all the best stuff. Freesia is number one easily. Recently digging Crossandra. Thyme is all in English (although sometimes it can be hard to tell). Lupinus is much more energetic.

That ought to do for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pend, how can you hate country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep going down

10+ Year Old Account

I like classic rock, metal, country, pop, and some jazz

Jazz, you say? (loud)

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, that did get loud lol

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pend, how can you hate country?

A large part of what has turned me away from it is this sort of theme of celebrating some sort of southernism. The "good ol boy, with his pickup truck, goin to church" and all that jazz. I've lived here all my life, and I absolutely hate anything southernism. And it all just feels so homogenized now. That's why someone managed to mashup seven songs together and you can't even tell.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

Doctors weren't sure why I have had a cough for over a month, x-rays got nothing, so they got me an inhaler with some meds and some other stuff to treat certain types of asthma and some other bronchial issues. So I guess we'll see what happens. The medicine in the inhaler gives me shakes after (that's supposed to happen), and the straight up cough syrup they gave me is supposed to cause some drowsiness. So yay.