Sage sounds like it plays like a MoP Mistweaver monk or a Warhammer Warrior Priest in that they can mark a player, and then the marked player is healed for a percentage of the Sage's damage dealt. Knowing how amazing Mistweavers were in MoP PvP, Sage could be really awesome in the upcoming new small scale PvP mode.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    First of all, why would they need to show/said anything that puts them ahead of WOW, however they clearly listen to the WoW Refugees feedback however, some of the major changes are things a lot of WoW Refugees wanted and I think just the combat animations put them WAY WAY ahead of WoW...

But honestly, it's the way the DEV show passion and read live comments during the live briefing... this is not some scripted event they got talking points but the devs are not just talking about the changes but also go into the why kinda and feel much more human them the robotic WoW presentation or the here is the changelog go watch some YouTuber to translate it into more details... It just feels better to see the devs and see their activity interact with the players and not just answer a really filtered list of safe questions.

They even added a live English translater this time!

That is one of the things that push FFXIV way ahead of WoW... player interaction and really listen to players at the start of an XPack... making sure people know what was in the head of the devs when they developed it.

This answer here is literally sums it all up for me. Developers in FFXIV listen to their player base and want us to have fun in the game. NOT do chores in the game. Best fucking answer ever Dexter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Literally everything. First and foremost their insight.
    This sums up my 2 best answer.

These 2 answers alone puts FFXIV far ahead of wow. Wow devs make the game to keep people logged in as much as they can for as long as they can. Hence the boring ass chores.

FFXIV makes their game fun so logging in is for fun and not based on chores that you have to do. The devs in FF respects a players time. Something the WoW devs have clearly forgotten.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2021-09-18 at 05:25 AM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Wow devs make the game to keep people logged in as much as they can for as long as they can. Hence the boring ass chores.

FFXIV makes their game fun so logging in is for fun and not based on chores that you have to do. The devs in FF respects a players time. Something the WoW devs have clearly forgotten.
    If your game chores are boring stop doing them, has worked for me for years. Don't expect the devs to respect your time if your not respecting your time.

I did Torghast just enough to get what I wanted then stopped and at no point did Blizzard come to my house and force me to keep running it. Currently playing FF XIV and I see nothing that is any different from WOW in terms of chores. I could go back to WOW and play both MMOs with plenty of time to play other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    If your game chores are boring stop doing them, has worked for me for years. Don't expect the devs to respect your time if your not respecting your time.

I did Torghast just enough to get what I wanted then stopped and at no point did Blizzard come to my house and force me to keep running it. Currently playing FF XIV and I see nothing that is any different from WOW in terms of chores. I could go back to WOW and play both MMOs with plenty of time to play other games.
    If you stop doing them, you will realize that... nothing much left of game remains lol. Stop doing WQs, events, choregast, bingo lottery tickets and you will be left with... pet battles, raids and pvp. Not much reason to go open world, nothing else is there cause it was removed because of FOMO driven game development.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Kaminaris gives the best answer to this. If you stop the chores in WoW then the game is nothing but a borefest. There is nothing fun in the game to do as it is. I am sorry. I know you want to defend WoW. I use to do it as well long ago. But I am done defending their ass any more. FFXIV is far ahead in making a game fun for the players now. That trophy cup no longer belongs to WoW. maybe next expansion they will claim it back. But with the way the devs are so fucking stubborn in making the game, I highly doubt.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Yeah, you just log in, do your roulettes for tomes and alt jobs experience, send your retainers and squadrons on new missions, do daily beast tribe quests, wondrous tails, cactpot, fashion report, crafting leves, then log off and thank God for not having to spend 10 minutes on doing daily emissary quests in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah, you just log in, do your roulettes for tomes and alt jobs experience, send your retainers and squadrons on new missions, do daily beast tribe quests, wondrous tails, cactpot, fashion report, crafting leves, then log off and thank God for not having to spend 10 minutes on doing daily emissary quests in WoW.
    Yeah with the exception that cactpot alone is more fun than anything wow has in terms of repayable content. And there is no renown to keep up so you can skip shit you don't want to do.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, that's what I'm doing too. You can play both games and enjoy them.

While I watched the live stream, I didn't see anything super spectacular from it and found it kind of boring. If there's a compilation where people who have been with the game for ages can sum things up, I'd be more interested in looking at that. Most of it just seemed like animations, and unless you're familiar with how most jobs work (I'm not, I only know several of them that I have at 80) you wouldn't even pick up on what's new.

From what I gather there's a lot of homogenization being added to the game, by pretty much syncing everyone's CDs to a 60 or 120 second mark (some exceptions obviously). Healers that didn't have worthwhile ST or AoE damage are having them added. Tanks are being rewarded for hitting defensive abilities (although it wasn't elaborated on), while every tank is getting 5 extra 'malms' on their gap closer, and physical/magic damage calculations are being brought to similar proportions. Range DPS that weren't mobile are getting extra mobility and the ability to bank procs, while some classes just have buffs you maintain being rolled into the base class, or removed altogether.

I get that part of this thread is to shit on WoW whenever possible and defend game which is the threads title at all costs, but it's not like the live letter was revolutionary. Most of the comments taken from chat was just talking about reactions and picking positive things. Obviously I don't blame them for this, but it's not any different than pre-picked softball questions that developers get asked during WoW. It's not like the person doing English translation was picking out extremely negative things (and there were plenty) because it would be stupid to do so.

FF14 and WoW are just completely developed differently too. They need to have huge pressers like this because this game doesn't have a giant open beta like every other MMO where information is both datamined and critiqued to death before it even gets released. You can't even really critique anything in FF14 because you don't really get to truly see it until it's actually released (which has both positives and negatives). Personally I'm still of the mindset that keeping things shrouded is generally better though because then everybody is actually surprised, whether it's for better or worse.

All in all the live stream thing was whatever for me. I'm going to get the game and just look forward to actual concrete changes rather than loose footnotes if they arise closer to launch. If not, I'll just learn when I actually play the game and hope that the direction they took certain jobs in is actually positive.

15+ Year Old Account
    I kind of do wish wow didn't have a beta or PTR anymore, and just did all their testing in-house. Keep some of the mystery. But I play both games, and don't feel the need to take a dump on one game over another like some kind of jilted ex, or a disgruntled cop who lost his pension. I find that interaction really weird.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you stop doing them, you will realize that... nothing much left of game remains lol. Stop doing WQs, events, choregast, bingo lottery tickets and you will be left with... pet battles, raids and pvp. Not much reason to go open world, nothing else is there cause it was removed because of FOMO driven game development.
    I stopped doing what I found boring, why would I quit everything? I spent plenty of time in the open world doing solo content. If WOW is FOMO driven then so is FF XIV, better start farming MGP to buy that FF XV mount before it's too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Kaminaris gives the best answer to this. If you stop the chores in WoW then the game is nothing but a borefest. There is nothing fun in the game to do as it is. I am sorry. I know you want to defend WoW. I use to do it as well long ago. But I am done defending their ass any more. FFXIV is far ahead in making a game fun for the players now. That trophy cup no longer belongs to WoW. maybe next expansion they will claim it back. But with the way the devs are so fucking stubborn in making the game, I highly doubt.
    I'm not defending WOW, I'm calling out gamers for not taking responsibility for their own gaming choices. Devs are stubborn in making games because games made by committee don't turn out well. Take some time to actually browse the threads of the MMO Champion forums and notice just how many different ideas people have for the same things. If you think Yoshi P is doing everything the players want you are deluding yourself.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I kind of do wish wow didn't have a beta or PTR anymore, and just did all their testing in-house. Keep some of the mystery. But I play both games, and don't feel the need to take a dump on one game over another like some kind of jilted ex, or a disgruntled cop who lost his pension. I find that interaction really weird.
    I mean I'm the same way as well. Part of what made games really fun growing up was them being shrouded in mystery, and to Squares credit (Nintendo as well) they do most of the testing behind closed doors. What you get is entirely controlled by them in regards to pretty much everything. The only disadvantage here is that if something is really shitty it's a complete mess to clean up, like the original FF14 was before they changed that dumpster fire into the game it is today.

That's not to say that games that show everything are immune to disasters or cleanup as well. The last couple expansions of WoW have had a lot of post launch cleanup in regards to tuning or bugs. The rest is just plain ignorance or trying to hold steady on philosophies only to turn around on them about a year later.

I think it was Cataclysm when they really went loose with PTR testing and basically showing everything, which mostly coincided with the rise of streaming and things of that nature.

Yeah with the exception that cactpot alone is more fun than anything wow has in terms of repayable content. And there is no renown to keep up so you can skip shit you don't want to do.
    If we are starting to bring in personal opinions, pet battles are more fun and deep than FFXIV combat and I say that as someone who disliked them and barely touched most of the related content.
    Looking for Raid.

I stopped doing what I found boring, why would I quit everything? I spent plenty of time in the open world doing solo content. If WOW is FOMO driven then so is FF XIV, better start farming MGP to buy that FF XV mount before it's too late.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not defending WOW, I'm calling out gamers for not taking responsibility for their own gaming choices. Devs are stubborn in making games because games made by committee don't turn out well. Take some time to actually browse the threads of the MMO Champion forums and notice just how many different ideas people have for the same things. If you think Yoshi P is doing everything the players want you are deluding yourself.

Well I guess I am going to stay deluded. Cause I am having fun in FFXIV. Best choice of my life to play the game right now. The game is more fun to me then Wow has been, for me, in the last 12 years. O, and I have taken responsibility for my gaming choices. That is why I left wow about 6 months ago and started to play FFXIV. So I will say since I am happy and having fun playing FF then I made the right choice to move from boring ass WoW.

Like someone mentioned before, seasonal events are ok. Fomo is something that doesn't return. So there is no such thing as "before its too late".
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Summoner looks amazing, but why does Carbuncle just stand there not doing anything? What's the point?

Like someone mentioned before, seasonal events are ok. Fomo is something that doesn't return. So there is no such thing as "before its too late".
    Seasonal events where rewards permanently go to the cash shop is a perfect example of FOMO.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Summoner looks amazing, but why does Carbuncle just stand there not doing anything? What's the point?
    The carbuncle does attack in the trailer. If you're talking about the demonstration Yoshi-P had it in standby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    The carbuncle does attack in the trailer. If you're talking about the demonstration Yoshi-P had it in standby.
    I deadass just watched the Summoner portion of the job action trailer and I looked only at carbuncle and the only thing it does is put some kind of shield on the player towards the beginning.

Also if you looked at Yoshi-P's UI the icon next to his Carbuncle was Guard, which is the pet stance where you pet attacks when you attack. I mean I'll see what people in the media tour say, but so far it looks like it literally just stands there and has a shield/damage reduction it can put on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    No.. because they're literally still obtainable. FOMO would be MT Artifact appearances or MoP Challenge mode armor or top PvP gear from either game or PvP mounts from XIV, or Ishgard Restoration titles from XIV.
    They are removed from the game rewards, thus not obtainable.
    Looking for Raid.

I’d say pretty much all of WoW is FOMO, since they only make the current patch, and to a lesser extent, the current expansion relevant.

Yes, you can do most of older content, but it’s a drastically different experience than doing it while it’s current. So there is still that sense of FOMO to do content while it’s current.

Every game basically has this to some extent, but since player power and the game changes so drastically each patch, the experiences change dramatically.

This makes FOMO particularly bad in WoW.

This is basically a non issue in FF14, since each patch and expansion essentially just expands the game, while limited time event rewards return every so often and/or can be bought on mog station after.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-18 at 07:06 AM.