Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

New EULA - Cheating and Toxicity

Seems we got a new EULA in EU at least.

There seems to be changes regarding cheating and toxicity - in particular (new stuff in bold):

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
    cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
    bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Gameor part of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;
    hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard;
    Toxicity / Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any toxic behavior, conduct disrupting or diminishing the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, or harass Blizzard’s personnel, including:
    Oh, and they have joined the 21st century and now want you to communicate through the web, not by mail:
    If to Blizzard. All notices given by you under this Agreement shall be in addressed to https://eu.battle.net/support.
    If to You. All notices given by Blizzard under this Agreement shall be given to you either through email website blog post or by any other mean of communication chosen by Blizzard. These notice forms and instances are specified in our Privacy Policy, which can be reviewed at https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/legal...privacy-policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Seems we got a new EULA in EU at least.

There seems to be changes regarding cheating and toxicity - in particular (new stuff in bold):

Oh, and they have joined the 21st century and now want you to communicate through the web, not by mail:
    what i find more interesting is this bit,

diminishing the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way i wonder if leaving other peoples keys coz you want m+ score is covered under this??? would be interesting if it was

10+ Year Old Account
    this doesn't mean anything, what is "not authorized by blizzard"?
    blizzard gives no details, just a few examples, imagine in real life having to respect a rule when you don't know the rule and the police can lock you down for any arbitrary reasons
    that's blizzard for you

Sounds to me like the usual bull. And the bolded part about "blizzard's personnel"...sounds to me that they're getting flack for the latest controversy and want to protect the weak fee fees of the thin skinned.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    this doesn't mean anything, what is "not authorized by blizzard"?
    blizzard gives no details, just a few examples, imagine in real life having to respect a rule when you don't know the rule and the police can lock you down for any arbitrary reasons
    that's blizzard for you
    thats self explanatory basically botting, item duping harassing and just being a general douche is banable now, this also includes exploiting game braking bugs

PR stunts galore. WoW isn't even worth botting anymore, let alone playing legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

diminishing the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way i wonder if leaving other peoples keys coz you want m+ score is covered under this??? would be interesting if it was
    That part in itself isn't new - but there might be something new regarding this.

The old text said:
    Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any conduct disrupting or diminishing the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

Disrupting or assisting in (i) the disruption of any computer used to support the Platform or any Game environment; or (ii) any other player’s Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

Violation of Laws: use the Platform to violate any applicable law or regulation.
    The new text has:
    Toxicity / Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any toxic behavior, conduct disrupting or diminishing the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, or harass Blizzard’s personnel, including:

Disrupting or assisting in (i) the disruption of any computer used to support the Platform or any Game environment; or (ii) any other player’s Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

Harassment, “griefing”, toxic, abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, including but not limited by, intentionally/repeatedly killing your in-game character and/or intentionally/repeatedly letting the opposite player/s to kill your in-game character, intentionally/repeatedly hindering your team in any ways, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting.

Abusive, aggressive, demeaning or offensive behavior towards Blizzard’s Customer Service representatives including but not limited by chat, email, letter, phone or any other means of communication.

Violation of Laws: use the Platform to violate any applicable law or regulation.
    So, "intentionally/repeatedly hindering your team in any ways" may be possibly be used against m+ leavers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    WoW isn't even worth botting anymore
    Great news, if true.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This is so vague that it can be applied to everything. It simply means: We choose what it can be applied to, mostly depending on what the internet is currently giving it's two week attention span to.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That part in itself isn't new - but there might be something new regarding this.

The old text said:

The new text has:

So, "intentionally/repeatedly hindering your team in any ways" may be possibly be used against m+ leavers.
    that can also work in pvp i've been hearing alot that horde are joining bgs as alliance via merc mode and intentionally getting themselves killed/asking in order to stop alliance form winning

I kinda miss it being laid out more plainly. I have no real idea what the new guidelines are and I suppose that is the purpose of it. To be so broad its effectively " whatever"

- - - Updated - - -

that can also work in pvp i've been hearing alot that horde are joining bgs as alliance via merc mode and intentionally getting themselves killed/asking in order to stop alliance form winning
    That happens anyways. Wow pvp is so lopsided you know if you win or lose in the first few minutes at most but some people deny the mercy ending it.

This has kinda always been there, and they have never acted on it before

intentionally/repeatedly killing your in-game character and/or intentionally/repeatedly letting the opposite player/s to kill your in-game character
    I don't get it.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I kinda miss it being laid out more plainly. I have no real idea what the new guidelines are and I suppose that is the purpose of it. To be so broad its effectively " whatever"
    This is intentional. Makes it easy to get rid of somebody on a whim and then point to some nebulous rule. Social media platforms do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't get it.
    They use the same EULA for all games, so it might not be WoW-specific.

However I can see some cases in WoW, and maybe others can see additional ones:
    Repeatedly running in and killing yourself may disrupt LFD/LFR, especially if it causes problems with killing bosses - obviously kicking the player is an option, but I'm not 100% sure that is always possible. (I recall it once in a leveling LFD years ago, - it just ran in and pulled everything, and died repeatedly; maybe a badly programmed bot.)
    Letting the opposite team kill you in Arena/Bg is surely bad for your team - whether people do it when bored, as merc since they hate alliance or ...; unless you have all agreed in order to decrease your ranking - in which case it reduces the experience for the opposite team.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-09-19 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did it guys. They actually did it. Cheating and toxicity is no more.

It seems they have made WPVP against the rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Great news, if true.
    I'll paypal you 10 dollars if its true. No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    They did it guys. They actually did it. Cheating and toxicity is no more.
    Nice! It gets better and better! So much happy news! Sub will skyrocket to 12 millions!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't get it.
    16 years too late rite!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-09-18 at 01:19 PM.

If they didn't want toxic behavior then why did they implement m+ the way that they did with a timer??

They just continue using the apple handbook and write all kinds of bs into their eula short of selling your soul , none of which has any legal merrit if I may add, and just interpret it as it suits them. The line about "diminishing the game experience for other players" is a stellar example about that. You can do that all day long, as long as Blizzard doesn't specifically enforces anything it's just an empty threat and if they want to get rid of you they can tie you a noose for literally anything.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.