Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    If they didn't want toxic behavior then why did they implement m+ the way that they did with a timer??
    Probably becouse its not toxic, the players choose to make it toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't get it.
    It's about throwing matches or letting yourself get farmed to exploit something.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I don't get it.
    Seems like this is more directed at classic? Whereby people would(for a variety of reasons) farm the crap out of a complicit group of the opposing faction.

Seems like a clarification rather than a new set of rules considering everything mentioned was already actionable.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

i hope this means they will actually start actively policing the game but i doubt it.

I don't get it.
    If i were to guess, that primarily affects people that want to skew the Ranking System in Classic.

People created multiple level one characters, then killed other lowlevel characters from the opposite faction in order to be ranked within the PvP system, thus expanding the pool for highranked players.

Or they could just design the game in a way that makes all kinds of assholery insignificant and hard to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    that can also work in pvp i've been hearing alot that horde are joining bgs as alliance via merc mode and intentionally getting themselves killed/asking in order to stop alliance form winning
    i thought that was just a myth >_>

i can get behind the blizzard employee thing

when they forced D2 Remake into your favourites bar in the battle.net launcher with no option to remove it i wrote a salty feedback ticket and dropped one passive aggressive line that they may not be familiar with consent for a while now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Or they could just design the game in a way that makes all kinds of assholery insignificant and hard to perform.
    Well, that would be harder, and probably more expensive/time consuming than just changing the wording of their EULA.

Btw, I loved all those mean words about botting. Unless things have changed dramatically in the last one or two months, I remember seeing bots totally out of control.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

... I fail to see how this is worth getting riled up over in either direction.

It's the EULA, most people will happily ignore it until they step over the line, then they're completely flabbergasted as to why they're being punished. Source: Every single post where someone's been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    this doesn't mean anything, what is "not authorized by blizzard"?
    blizzard gives no details, just a few examples, imagine in real life having to respect a rule when you don't know the rule and the police can lock you down for any arbitrary reasons
    that's blizzard for you
    It doesn't matter. If you put a lock on your door, and someone breaks it, does it matter if they kick in the door, use a crowbar, or drive a car through it?

Come on, for once, think before you whine. Blizzard shouldn't have to spell out what they mean in exacting detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Please give me directions to the utopia you occupy so I can make my way there.

And why is it Blizzard's fault you act like a turd? Is it Walmart's fault for having stuff on display in the aisles if you run through the store and knock everything over?

It's like some of you have to make a monthly word count or you disappear into the either.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

The problem with these "changes" is that none of them actually addresses the root of the problem.

The problem is the way Blizz designs its systems and reward structures. It encourages toxic behavior. Other games do not have the same problem. Are there toxic people in other games? Of course, there are childish douches everywhere in life. Some people never grew up. It is a much higher percentage in Blizz games than any other (at least in the ones I play). It's not just WoW, Overwatch as well has just become so miserable most avoid it now.

I have never seen a behavior "fixed" by just applying a punishment but not actually addressing the root of the problem in any way at all.

The root problem is the false premise that everyone only plays with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Seems like this is more directed at classic? Whereby people would(for a variety of reasons) farm the crap out of a complicit group of the opposing faction.

Seems like a clarification rather than a new set of rules considering everything mentioned was already actionable.
    Can be a bit of clarification and a bit of putting the spotlight on things - because they hope the spotlight will make it disappear or because they plan to take more actions against it.

However, changing the EULA in itself doesn't put a major spotlight on it, as it's hard to see what was changed (and most ppl just click on accept).

meanwhile the world is owned by bots, this is pretty sarcastic ngl

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    ... I fail to see how this is worth getting riled up over in either direction.

It's the EULA, most people will happily ignore it until they step over the line, then they're completely flabbergasted as to why they're being punished. Source: Every single post where someone's been banned.
    The trust is dead and buried and they lost a lot of their usual shills from the harassment. Without those of empty virtues covering them the people frustrated with their Tom fuckery seem louder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is intentional. Makes it easy to get rid of somebody on a whim and then point to some nebulous rule. Social media platforms do it all the time.
    I just wanna go back to the internet that had a minuscule barrier of entry before smartphones brought the plebs in on mass.

I long to return to a home that no longer exists and laws have been drafted to ensure it can't...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great now they punish 'toxic' behaviour the wonderful all encompassing catch all term for 'thing I don't like'. To be fair though didn't they already ban people for that?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Hopefully this can apply to people leaving M+ keys.
    I wont hold my breath.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, trouble with toxicity is that it's open to highly subjective interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    i thought that was just a myth >_>
    Nah, intentional farming like this actually occurs, has for a long time since (back when you'd time your queuing via voice comms). People still got banned or suspended for it occasionally, not always. Depends on how extreme the situation gets. The method may have evolved slightly or changed with the game, but win trading and collusion with the enemy has always been frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Well, trouble with toxicity is that it's open to highly subjective interpretation.
    Yeah, I understand why it's vague (to legally cover their butts and allow them to basically do anything)... but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Giving broad powers to a company that can't even regulate itself nor has any (or at best, weak) sensibility or non-divisive morality, and having them be the sole arbiter of what defines toxicity? That's never gone badly before.

Honestly, from my perspective, the fact the word 'toxicity' was added is completely in line with all the changes to the female portraits and changing 'problematic' language... and that's not a good thing. In fact, I'd go so far as to think that it not only shows Blizz hasn't learned any real lesson, but also the situation is going to get worse for everyone in the end. Basically, it's when you trade out one horrible regime for another horrible regime, it's just a different flavor of horrible. It's all fun and games until common sense and reality suddenly becomes problematic and toxic, just on a whim of those in control.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville