Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So, out of curiosity how many people are going to be pissed off because these are not the Old Artifact Skins? Thankfully I did the druid stuff when it was available, which seems to be the one that gets brought up the most to be returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Can I see a link for the dictionary website with said definition?
    uhm...just google the word?

bigotry
    /ˈbɪɡətri/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Oxford

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    It’s one of those things where it’s a correct definition, but no one uses it and comes across as being purposefully obtuse. Like using the word faggot to mean a bundle of sticks. Yeah, it’s correct, but we all know what the primary definition is used for.
    i agree,dictionaries aren't prescriptive authorities on meaning, they describe usage

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

bigotry
    /ˈbɪɡətri/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Oxford
    Well, yes. I had found that one. However, the part I bolded is the important part: prejudice.

And again another solo activity with zero impact on pg power.

Hard pass for me.

I got All mage tower skins back in legion, and helped a few irl friends get the skins for their mains.

Time to resub and dust off All my lvl 50 characters and level them up i suppose. I remember the healing challenges being long and tedious on some specs, excides to see how they will pan out with shadowlands talents and abilities

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

bigotry
    /ˈbɪɡətri/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

Oxford

- - - Updated - - -

i agree,dictionaries aren't prescriptive authorities on meaning, they describe usage
    "against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group."

You are missing the complete second half of the definition my dude
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Sweet, time for the black bug mount to come back!
    I swear I remember there being an updated bug mount model based on the new bug models when silithus was changed in Legin/Pre-Legion that only people with the original title and/or bug mount got. Struck me as realllly silly to give out.

- - - Updated - - -

Why this huge demand of putting old stuff in the game? Remakes, reskins. Imagine if we instead said to Blizzard we want new stuff, not content of old.

Blizzard have said they wont put it back in, and during Legion they said it would be permanently gone. Its much better if they stick to that instead of giving in. People had more than enough time to do it then and it became rather easy at the end.

And no - its not about so nostalgia "look at me im better than you" thing. Most things in wow retail means jack shit today. People buy gear, titles, mounts, achivments and whatnot. Boosting is the norm and whos to say what people actually do? DId they take part or were they carried? No one knows.

BUT - With these artifact skins, we atleast know people did them by themself. Not some boosted andy getting carried. It means something, both to those that have them and dont. If Blizzard just started handing them out like nothing, it would lose value.

I've lost out on alot of gear, titles & mounts over the years but im not crying over it. It was my choice not to push for it, I can only blame myself. Or in some cases, im just not a good enough of a player to earn the rewards.

But the stuff I have pushed for to obtain, like the artifact skins - mean something to me and many others.
    Meh. Some of those "So-called challenges" were pretty damn easy honestly. Especially once the Antorus patch came out. I know, I got every single artifact skin for each alt.

Again, if they made the skins available for Timewalking, it's not like people can get boosted/carried through the Mage Tower. Hell, some might be harder due to changes/balancing to classes in SL.

We got the skins years ago. Stop bragging about that and let new people try for it again. Maybe some players who had joined after Legion.

Wow, what a huge disappointment for me.
    I loved the magetower in Legion and managed to complete all 36/36 challenges.
    After I gave up Warcraft in early BFA I started a new Account in late BFA, so I obviously lost my progress.

I always hoped Bliz would bring back the magetower so I could unlock the appearences again.
    Feels like a punishment for me and all players, who don't get another chance to complete the magetower...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    MT tower appearances should've never gotten the time-exclusive treatment. They were more like the lock green fire quest: challenging with the gear available when they were introduced but a complete joke once you got enough gear or found the right legendary to carry you through it.

Other time exclusive rewards actually remained difficult while they were available: MoP/WoD CMs, Seasonal Gladiator rewards, Mythic+ titles/mounts, AoTC/CE achievements and they also required group play (this is an MMO after all)

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That only people who want them added back are sad shmucks who need to derive their worth from getting something they didn't earn. I can generalize too if you want to pejoratively group people.
    Unless someone asked for getting them for free, your counter makes no sense whatsoever. And it just so happens no one did. Meanwhile there have been multiple people praising Blizzard's decision not to bring back the weapon models because of some notion that it'd somehow "diminish" their "accomplishment", which is pretty much exactly what @ForrestAnthony was referring to. And one poster crying about how even the return of Mage Tower with the T20 recolors is "a slap in the face".

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group."

You are missing the complete second half of the definition my dude
    @deenman's not missing anything. You're the one missing a semicolon and the "in particular" part preceding what you emphasized. I.e. what went after the "in particular" is just an example of common use of the word, not "the complete second half of it", let alone the be all, end all of the definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Just to let you know, giving or linking to a dictionary definition is an infractable offense on MMOC. I know because I've been infracted for it If someone asks for a definition I'd just direct them to Google, as you did at first.
    oh,opie,thanks for the headsup

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually resub if the sets were good.. unfortunately they kinda suck imo. Hope some people enjoy it.

Also, good call by them to not bring back the artifact skins lol.

I like how Blizzard knows the current pve meta

Guardian Druids -> Get a Skin

Feral Druids -> Nothing, who plays feral atm??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I swear I remember there being an updated bug mount model based on the new bug models when silithus was changed in Legin/Pre-Legion that only people with the original title and/or bug mount got. Struck me as realllly silly to give out.
    yes, for BFA prepatch they updated the silithids, and with that they gave us remakes of the mounts, players could get them and use them for the micro holiday and a bit after, but people who had the original black scarabgot ANOTHER mount which is an updated version of it.
    bullshit to retroactively add more rewards but whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, for BFA prepatch they updated the silithids, and with that they gave us remakes of the mounts, players could get them and use them for the micro holiday and a bit after, but people who had the original black scarabgot ANOTHER mount which is an updated version of it.
    bullshit to retroactively add more rewards but whatever...
    There was a bit of an uproar with people blaming Ion solely for it because he loved riding around on the old one and showing it off. Kinda funny to think people really thought he'd get a mount put in game solely for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Yup. T19 had no bad sets. Mage and warrior were fine, but all the other sets were fantastic. Can’t say the same for T20. Poor hunters.
    Legion has the best mogs overall in my opinion. No matter your class you have at least one amazing tier set somewhere, and some classes like DK and Shaman have 2, arguably all 3 with Locks. T19 is indeed the best IMO, only the Monk and Mage ones aren't great.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Ooh, I need that bear in my collection. The tank trial was my favorite. Only managed to do it on Druid, Monk and Demon Hunter though. A fel themed Claws of Ursoc should come with it too. They should also bring back the Claws of Shirvallah cat form for ferals.
    Last edited by Kodakie; 2021-09-18 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Well, yes. I had found that one. However, the part I bolded is the important part: prejudice.
    Doesn't particular just mean "especially in this scenario"? Which means it doesn't have to be against a person exclusively. Could also apply to ideas and belief not attached to someone.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Legion has the best mogs overall in my opinion. No matter your class you have at least one amazing tier set somewhere, and some classes like DK and Shaman have 2, arguably all 3 with Locks. T19 is indeed the best IMO, only the Monk and Mage ones aren't great.
    Definitely. Legion tiers had at least 1 set that was drop dead perfect for your class. They completely hit it out of the park in Legion, which made the decision to cut class sets afterward all the more bewildering.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Yawn. Wake me up when the MT gives recolors of the artifact skins. Simple recolored armors aren't worth it.

And I agree, it's been long enough, let people get the old MT artifact skins. Time-lock crap sucks. And yea, I got 'em already. Prestige is nice for the current expansion, maybe the one after. But years later? The only ones who give a damn are silly people who need past glory to stroke the ego. Like a 45-year old man still talking about his highschool football glory days.
    Well, then what does it matter if no one gives a damn. Either everyone cares and prestige matters and it should be kept locked for that reason, or no one cares and prestige doesn’t matter to anyone so it shouldn’t matter and just remain locked since no one cares.
    I’d rather Blizzard makes new models people could work for. That could have been new weapon models or new armor models.
    The biggest problem I have with it is it just becomes obsolete once you get armor for it. So are people really praising the MT to be back when they will just get their appearance and stop? Or are they hoping it will have seasonal rewards? If seasonal rewards are what people hope for, then we just go back to the problem of locked appearances, correct?